WalkerFootball.Com's Mock Draft - April 2, 2008

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Atlanta taking Jake Long according to their 1st Round. 

2nd Round still unchanged from last week showing Sims, Conner & Flacco being picked up.

TE and SS in the 3rd Round are projected as well...

I actually like this mock.  I still think we try to go with Brohm/Henne with 2nd Rnd-A pick and take best remaining LB or DT with the 2-B pick and the opposite in the 2-C pick.

falconfansince66 (4/2/2008)

2nd Round still unchanged from last week showing Sims,Conner &Flacco being picked up.

I actually like this mock. I still think we try to go with Brohm/Henne with 2nd Rnd-Apick and take best remaining LB or DT with the2-B pick and the opposite in the 2-C pick.

If we could come out of this draft with Long, Sims, Conner and Flacco, I would be thrilled. My guess is that a CB will be in the mix in the early rounds as well. This is a very deep draft at CB, but just about everyone is looking for a CB and the really good prospects look like they will be gone by the end of the second round.

drpepper (4/2/2008)
falconfansince66 (4/2/2008)

2nd Round still unchanged from last week showing Sims,Conner &Flacco being picked up.

I actually like this mock. I still think we try to go with Brohm/Henne with 2nd Rnd-Apick and take best remaining LB or DT with the2-B pick and the opposite in the 2-C pick.

If we could come out of this draft with Long, Sims, Conner and Flacco, I would be thrilled. My guess is that a CB will be in the mix in the early rounds as well. This is a very deep draft at CB, but just about everyone is looking for a CB and the really good prospects look like they will be gone by the end of the second round.

I tend to agree with you that I'd be happy about the first four picks falling like in this mock.  As for a CB, I think there's supposed to be a couple of decent picks left in the 3rd Round that might fit well in a Cover-2.  The fifth round in this mock shows up picking up yet another Auburn CB this year.

Also noticed in the 3rd Round, Falcons take Finley  TE-Texas over Cottam TE-Tennessee (Who gets picked in the next pick!). Personally I would rather have Cottam going to us. 

As for the second 3rd Round pick, they're showing us getting Tyrell Johnson SS from Arizona State.  Not sure what this guy's like but if Zbikowski's available here, we should grab him.