The Falcons will draft OL, DL or QB with #3

NCFalcon52

Q: If the No. 3 pick isn't a marquee player and you enter next season with no "face of the franchise," how do you get fans' interest?

A: "It's a team game. We have good players on the roster from last year; a lot of them were guys we drafted. The No. 3 pick is going to be a great player, whether it's an offensive lineman, defensive lineman or quarterback. This is the best position we can be in: a team that is made up of high-quality players with a lot of depth."  - Arthur Blank

The real Question is their draft order in the way that He said it:

OL - If Jake Long is there

DL - If Dorsey is there (Or Ellis or Long)

QB - If Long and Dorsey are gone

That's a pretty general statement. No new info there.

I did like, however, that fact that he finally has come to the realization (thanks to TD) that a team must be built from the bottom-up and not from the top-down. Plus, the fact that his last "marquee" player bit him on his butt is lesson enough for him to not go down that road again so soon, especially not with a solid foundation to support him.

Statick (4/2/2008)
That's a pretty general statement. No new info there.

I did like, however, that fact that he finally has come to the realization (thanks to TD) that a team must be built from the bottom-up and not from the top-down. Plus, the fact that his last "marquee" player bit him on his butt is lesson enough for him to not go down that road again so soon, especially not with a solid foundation to support him.

agreed statick......it seemed that before this year - McKay/Blank tried to build team by getting 3-4 marquee players and then fill in with a bunch of scrubs.  TD/Smith know that your 2nd teamers need to be pretty decent and you want "above-average" talent at each starting position with several very good players......smart, smart, smart....

Yes, I knew that there would be the huge face of Sarcasm with this post.  I knew that it was an obvious statement that the Falcons NEED to Draft OL, DL or QB.  If you read the post the topic of discussion was not intended to be yes these are our 3 biggest needs but do you think that the order he listed them is the priority.  He could have easily said QB, DL and OL.  You have to remember that when we talk about things we have the natural tendency to list our most important things first.

My point is this.  Obviously, we have those 3 needs.  But some people on the board are still thinking D-MAC is a possibility.  I would say it is pretty close to 0% chance of that.

Secondly, To hear Blank coming around and putting emphasis on OL & DL is a huge advancement for the Falcons. 

Thirdly, He does mention in his interview that Ryan is a strong candidate so we should point out if Jake Long or Dorsey is not on the board, that Ryan would be a very strong pick for the Falcons according to Blank.

Fourthly, Sarcasm as it is funny and I enjoy it on these boards, was a given when I made this post, simply because people don't read the entire posts and consider what people are really saying.

g-dawg (4/2/2008)
this is hardly "earth-shattering" information here  ????????

who else would we take other than Jake Long, Glen Dorsey, Sed. Ellis or a QB?

hmmmm......:cool:

By the way g-dawg, what posts on this board are earth shattering?  There have been a few.  Wasn't looking for earth shattering just a little discussion.  Actually, as a Falcons fan I don't think we need any earth shattering news for a long time. I am good with no earth shattering!;)