Raiders have plenty of room for McFadden

Brookhaven

I kept hearing that the Raiders wouldn't take McFadden because of all the money they had tied up at RB, but when I actually looked that isn't the case.

Fargas got a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract. $4 million a year is not an outlandish amount for a starting RB.

Jordan does have a huge contract, but his not living up to it. Plus, he is pushing 30. The Raiders would actually save money on their cap if they released Jordan.

Rhodes is a change of pace/backup. His will cost the Raiders $1.75 million next year. He is also pushing 30.

If the Raiders draft McFadden, they would let Jordan go. They would end up with two starting quality RBs, one a power back and the other a speed back.

McFadden to the Raiders actually makes sense.

Brookhaven (4/1/2008)
I kept hearing that the Raiders wouldn't take McFadden because of all the money they had tied up at RB, but when I actually looked that isn't the case.

Fargas got a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract. $4 million a year is not an outlandish amount for a starting RB.

Jordan does have a huge contract, but his not living up to it. Plus, he is pushing 30. The Raiders would actually save money on their cap if they released Jordan.

Rhodes is a change of pace/backup. His will cost the Raiders $1.75 million next year. He is also pushing 30.

If the Raiders draft McFadden, they would let Jordan go. They would end up with two starting quality RBs, one a power back and the other a speed back.

Making sense doesn't even need to be true. We ARE talking about Arty Shell's Raiders here. .

chifalc (4/2/2008)
Brookhaven (4/1/2008)

Making sense doesn't even need to be true. We ARE talking about Al Davis's Raiders here.

I think what you might have been hearing was that the Raiders didn't want to make another high selection & dumping out that money towards another rookie.The best solution is to trade down.Of course, we all know that Davis always walks his own line, so we'll see.Me personally, I hope we don't draft DMC b/c we have more pressing needs.Even if we kept what we have at HB & dump Jordan, we still have servicable HB's.Fargas rushed for a little over a 1000 yrds, I believe.Rhodes, once he was out of the dog house in the last few games rushed for almost 400 yrds(2 gms to be exact).Bush is projeceted to be in the mold of a B.Jacobs(NYG) but a bit faster.Then they still have the FB's in Griffin & Orion.

yeah raida schooled me on this when i talked to him about the raiders getting a RB in the 2nd back before they traded it to us. with fargas, rhodes and michael bush it makes little to no sense to draft a RB.

i do have them picking mcfadden in my mock though. i think they will draft him if they can swing a deal with the cowboys. if they cant move him anywhere, then i think davis would be content just keeping him. but i bet they could get a good amount for mcfadden from the cowboys. i could very well see them picking him and perhaps taking less value to get the trade done to keep the 'boys from being scared off by the large gap between the value of their two 1st's and the #4. jmo.