Anyone play Quake II online back in the day?

deathdawg

FalconFansince80 (4/1/2008)
Online games arent back in the day. Spyhunter, Ghosts and Goblins, Thats back in the day. Line up the quarters on the old arcade.

12-14 years ago is back in the day for a lot of falcons fans, just because someone may be of another generation doesn't give them an inherent right to diminish the memories of another.

To a 39 year old, 12 years ago was the latter end of the day; the day being from HS-30. I am now in post "the day" era... bleh

Go troll another thread peas.

I played PONG btw, so don't make me go "old sk00l on j00".

deathdawg (4/1/2008)
halsey (4/1/2008)
No, but I've played the shiz out of a game made from a heavily modified Quake2 Engine: Team Fortress Classic. Pretty much the best game ever.

Yeah, TF was cool. I played it for a few months.

Are you taling the original TF or TFC? TFC was made when Valve hired the creators who designed the original for Q2. I

I've never played the original, but love TFC.

halsey (4/1/2008)
deathdawg (4/1/2008)
halsey (4/1/2008)
No, but I've played the shiz out of a game made from a heavily modified Quake2 Engine: Team Fortress Classic. Pretty much the best game ever.

Are you taling the original TF or TFC? TFC was made when Valve hired the creators who designed the original for Q2. I

I played TF mod on quake, I never played the stand alone TFC but it was based on TF. The success of TF led the way for Half-Life and Quake2 which led to CS and the many FPS online titles available today.

deathdawg (4/1/2008)
halsey (4/1/2008)
deathdawg (4/1/2008)
halsey (4/1/2008)

I played TF mod on quake, I never played the stand alone TFC but it was based on TF. The success of TF led the way for Half-Life and Quake2 which led to CS and the many FPS online titles available today.

I never understood why CS was so popular while TF had almost a cult following in comparison. I guess a lot of people like the more realistic types of games, but to me TF blows CS away.

I've played Quake 1 online.

****, I've played Wolfenstein 3D over Kali (which tunneled IPX into an IP service).

Actually, going even older than that, I played chess online before Windows even supported TCP/IP.  I've played xtrek over IP on Sun Workstation (SunOS 4.1) with a black and white monitor.

Xtrek doesn't even have a Wikipedia page, but its sequel does: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netrek