Tim Ruskell on Sirius

rollow lawson

rollow lawson (4/1/2008)
Talking about building a team through the draft and free agency. This guy has done a good job in Seattle accumulating talent. I think we kept the wrong guy when he left for Seattle in 2004.

He used to mimic every move McKay made. They went after numerous players we were going for and have signed several former players. He certainly isn't original.

I've got it, he's better at being Rich McKay than Rich McKay is.

I think he's been ok, but I really haven't been the biggest fan of his FA moves or his drafts. Got to admit the Tatupu pick was a great one, but that was also the year he left Atlanta. There are a few of his picks that I like, but overall I have been unimpressed.

He make a huge snafu in dealing with Hutchinson, then "got back" at the Vikings by grossly overpaying Nate Burleson, then follows that up by giving up a first rounder for Deion Branch. This season, they have lost a great clutch kicker in Josh Brown, and in upcoming years will really start feeling the heat from the big contracts he has given out (i.e. the Kerney deal.)

He used to mimic every move McKay made. They went after numerous players we were going for and have signed several former players. He certainly isn't original.

I've got it, he's better at being Rich McKay than Rich McKay is.

It could also be the case that the FA and draft we had with him here was more because of him, and less McKay than we thought. I thought their first draft together was pretty good, or rather I did back then.

Who knows.

The Cush (4/1/2008)
I think he's been ok, but I really haven't been the biggest fan of his FA moves or his drafts. Got to admit the Tatupu pick was a great one, but that was also the year he left Atlanta. There are a few of his picks that I like, but overall I have been unimpressed.

He make a huge snafu in dealing with Hutchinson, then "got back" at the Vikings by grossly overpaying Nate Burleson, then follows that up by giving up a first rounder for Deion Branch. This season, they have lost a great clutch kicker in Josh Brown, and in upcoming years will really start feeling the heat from the big contracts he has given out (i.e. the Kerney deal.)

I agree.  Other than drafting Tatupu, he basically inherited most of the talent on the team.  Most of his FA moves panned out, but in a few years they will have **** to pay with the salary cap.

You clowns complain about everything. Hindsight is 20/20 dummies. If they wouldve kept Ruskell and left McKay you guys would have been crying. McKay is a **** good GM, one of the best in the league. This team just doesnt have a good QB which most of clowns were wishing for for years so stop crying and get used to the losing.

I am the BIGGEST Rich McKay hater on this board, but I have to firmly disagree on Ruskell's effectiveness. He paid a bum in Julius Jones a 5 year deal when you have Maurice Morris and Shaun Alexander on a 62 million dollar deal. TJ Duckett on a 5 year deal when you have a very good FB and short yardage back in Leonard Weaver. Nate Burleson for 49 million dollars instead of signing Steve Hutchinson, the list goes on and on.