Who will Atlanta take at #3?

from draftsharks

http://www.draftsharks.com/members/shark_bite.aspx?id=7816

Who will Atlanta get at #3? The majority of mock drafts have the Atlanta Falcons taking QB Matt Ryan with the #3 pick. NFL reporter Mark Gaughan, who covers the Buffalo Bills, posted a mock version that we hadn't considered lately. Suppose the Dolphins took DE Chris Long as everyone predicts, but then the Rams actually took DT Glenn Dorsey despite the injury rumors? Gaughan then projects the Falcons to take OT Jake Long, not Matt Ryan, in that scenario. It's possible. One thing's for sure, somewhere in Atlanta Michael Turner and QB Chris Redman would jump off the couch and slap high-fives.

I just pray it IS NOT a QB. 

Don't get me wrong we need a QB but I don't see how we could field a truly competitive team with SOOOO much cap space dedicated to the QB spot.

Don't forget Vick's MEGA deal is still on the books and the #3 pick will probably make the same amount in guarenteed money.

im pulling for jake long, IF he is there.. if not id want ellis or dorsey... but if we got ryan i wouldnt go crazy i think hes alright better then brohm and all the other qbs in the draft but i dont think he is a top 5 pick maybe a mid first rounder...  ill be happy as long as we dont draft flacco

Ryda003 (4/1/2008)
im pulling for jake long, IF he is there.. if not id want ellis or dorsey... but if we got ryan i wouldnt go crazy i think hes alright better then brohm and all the other qbs in the draft but i dont think he is a top 5 pick maybe a mid first rounder... ill be happy as long as we dont draft flacco

I agree with you on Jake Long.

I have heard Flacco on a couple of interviews as well as some of the guys over at nfl.com and what they have had to say about Flacco's transfer. It was not quite as simple as just not being competitive. There were several factors involved.

Also, I would remind you that there have been many instances of superior ball players in many different sports transferring to other schools for the opportunity to play.

"Troy Aikman began his college football career at Oklahoma University. However, when he broke his ankle in the fourth game of his sophomore season, Jamelle Holieway took over at quarterback and played well enough to entrench himself as the starter. Aikman then transferred to UCLA where he finished his college career with a 20-4 record and led the Bruins to a Cotton Bowl victory over Arkansas."

Matt Ryan would not even compete at the Combine or any of the all-star bowls. Flacco jumped at every opportunity. He may or may not become a good starting QB in this league, but if he doesn't, I don't think his competitive drive will be the problem.