falcons need Matt Ryan

yeah i would much rather address our o-line over a qb..  we already have decent qbs however our o-line is horrible..  an improved o-line will boosted not only the passing game but the running game as well..

i'll be happy no matter who we get at qb in this draft as long as its not flacco or henne

canadianfalcon47 (4/1/2008)
I don't understand..everyone on the board wants a QB but not the best one available. Please enlighten me as to what you see in Matt Ryan that discredits all NFL personnel that put him at the top of their draft boards. There seems to be alot of "experts" on this board lol!

How about you enlighten us as to which NFL personnel have Matt Ryan at the top of their draft boards? I'd like names if you have them...

I don't understand..everyone on the board wants a QB but not the best one available. Please enlighten me as to what you see in Matt Ryan that discredits all NFL personnel that put him at the top of their draft boards. There seems to be alot of "experts" on this board lol!

Name one NFL scout who has him ranked the highest. So far it has been nothing bit Mayock on ESPN that has been pushing him as the top QB. Could you explain to me how Ryan is better than Brohm?

Name one NFL scout who has him ranked the highest. So far it has been nothing bit Mayock on ESPN that has been pushing him as the top QB. Could you explain to me how Ryan is better than Brohm?

Yes, it's true. We need Matt Ryan so that he can embarrass this franchise even more. That way when he throws a ton of ints. this year and the rest of his short career we can all sit back and say "It's the same old Falcons". I for one am tired of the same old Falcons. I'm ready to win and you don't do that by passing on guys like Dorsey and or J. Long to get a medirocre( spell check please) QB with the 3rd overall pick. We could have kept McKay if we were still planning on making these kind of mistakes. Are you not tired of losing? Well act like it.

Well first you have the vick fans who hope we dont replace him.Then you have georgia fans who want stafford.Throw in fans who want oline.You cant draft a qb until you have a probowler a every position because thats how its done.Probably the most popular and always popular view is ryan isnt good enough.Which includes his 19 ints in 2007.He threw 654 times but they dont mention that.Qb is a contraversial position so dont expect people to agree.

Experts? You mean the same experts that told us Joey Harrington, David Carr, Tim Couch, Byron Leftwich, and Akili Smith were top flight QB's? I'm not discrediting their opinions, but it is NOT the gospel, and will not supplement what I have seen with my OWN EYES when this guy has played.

The only experts who count are the ones who draft them.Gendel with his average everything is funny.Dude didnt get to the top of the qb evaluations being average.Throw it 654 times in one year and carry Bc.Is that average?With that many attempts they are playing pass coverage every down.The average per is due to no running ame and the pass as a supplement.That also works against his completition percentage.Is it better to barely be over 60 with half the throws?Except brohm most are around half so the comparisons are skewed. 

bigduke633 (4/1/2008)
The only experts who count are the ones who draft them.Gendel with his average everything is funny.Dude didnt get to the top of the qb evaluations being average.Throw it 654 times in one year and carry Bc.Is that average?With that many attempts they are playing pass coverage every down.The average per is due to no running ame and the pass as a supplement.That also works against his completition percentage.Is it better to barely be over 60 with half the throws?Except brohm most are around half so the comparisons are skewed. 

His arm stinks.  He's not an NFL quality ARM.

Wasn't Hoey taken with the 3rd pick?  Scary.

This is what a REAL arm looks like coming out of college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqiOo8wJIdU&hl=en

Tell me if that's a tight spiral at 1:13 and how long is this pass?

Look at this vid above and tell me what qualifies him to be as good as this guy?

You can look at his stats but you can't ignore the poor quality receivers he had at BC. I'd like to see Ryan throwing to the pro WRs and see how he does. I think if we draft him, we need to give him a chance anyways.

Ran-dawg (4/1/2008)
Yes, it's true. We need Matt Ryan so that he can embarrass this franchise even more. That way when he throws a ton of ints. this year and the rest of his short career we can all sit back and say "It's the same old Falcons". I for one am tired of the same old Falcons. I'm ready to win and you don't do that by passing on guys like Dorsey and or J. Long to get a medirocre( spell check please) QB with the 3rd overall pick. We could have kept McKay if we were still planning on making these kind of mistakes. Are you not tired of losing? Well act like it.

When you're picking at no.3 you want something great,not O.K.

sandman (4/1/2008)

Don't even discuss it with him.  Ask him to watch that Vid.  That will SHUT HIM UP!

red2play (4/1/2008)
sandman (4/1/2008)

Don't even discuss it with him.  Ask him to watch that Vid.  That will SHUT HIM UP!

Well, when a Tom Brady like QB comes along once every fifteen years. We'll try to make sure we're in a position to take him! Thanks for the quick lesson though!

You can look at his stats but you can't ignore the poor quality receivers he had at BC. I'd like to see Ryan throwing to the pro WRs and see how he does. I think if we draft him, we need to give him a chance anyways.

Ran-dawg (4/1/2008)

If we draft him then he's got my full support. I just honestly doubt we do. More than anything else that bothers me about him is his horrible finishes against bad Miami and Fla. State teams. Both loses. V.Tech was blown coverage even though he did by time. I'll give him that but if you watch a lot of his deep throws they are almost always underthrown. The reciever always has to slow up to catch the ball. Just watch his highlights again and watch for what I'm talking about and you'll see that it's true.