A mock Draft

Im new to the draft idea. This is the first year I have actually paid attention to more than the first 10 or so picks. So I thought I would give this a shot. So please tell me what looks wrong. I personally would like to see the falcons trade the 3 pick to fill other needs, but thats a real life thing not a mock draft thing.......

So with that said:

1st round: Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey

Either way I think we get a winning situation. We have problems with every tackle position on the field so as long as we take a tackle on either side of the ball I'll be excitied.

2nd Round(pick a)Sam Baker 

Now im sure some of you are like why would you take OT with the first two picks. Well I do believe that battle is won in the trenches. For "The Burner" and Norwood to have break out years and to put the falcons back atop the league in the rushing stats (which got us to a NFC conference game a few years ago) we need a solid line. This gives us a starting line of. Long, Blalock, McClure, Clabo, and Baker. I think that one of the best futures in the NFL on the line.

2nd Round(pick B) Dan Conner

With this pick I am thinking about keeping Brooking out of the middle and letting him roam a little. I mean the guys only has a few more years so might as well look for a strong middle Linebacker of the future. And 2 or 3 seasons with Boley, Conner, and Brooking at least looks promising to me....

2nd Round(pick c) Red Bryant

Not that we have an OL and a semi together linebacking crew it's time to go back to the treches. I have liked Bryant all through college and think him, Abe, Jamaal, and Babs can wreck a lot of havok. 

3rd Round Chevis Jackson

With the absence of Hall that honestly made me almost sign off as a Falcon fan until the season started I figure a little depth wouldn't hurt. I like houston and williams but I wonder how they will fair in the long run. I look for Jockson to give them a little run for their money in the preseason and make it a little exciting. 

4th round Tom Zbikowski

With the ageless Milloy and our "Amazing Secondary" I think that drafting a saftey to maybe learn for a year or prehaps step up and take the role now would make a great addition to the to our secondary. Hes a hard hitter and thats what we need. A little fear of god in our oppsition.

5th round Kevin O'Connell (WARNING: the comments that follow could ##### off many)

This pick proves my idea that I couldn't be a GM in the NFL. This pick in reality doesn't make much sense. But I do like O'Connell. I think he could be a good back up in the NFL..... And here it comes "Why would you look for a back up?" Well I am still a firm supporter of Vick and hope that he will return. Next years crop looks better to me anyway. And I will know more on Vicks situation. Plus I still love shockley. So let him have his chance in 08.

6th Round Dexter Jackson

Even though he did have an extemely good combine experience I think he still falls to us. I would be happy to see him in a falcons jersay. I think that he would be able to compliment Roddy, and Robinson. He has great hands and helps out return game.

7th Round (pick A) Bo Ruud

A nice depth pick up to add and possibly moving in to a starting roll when brooking decides he has had enough. He has a great moter and could be fun to watch for a few years. We will have to see how he pans out.

7th Round (PICK B) Cody Wallace

This is strickly a depth move and possible to devolop in to something with the right work ethic. With McClure being the old guy on the line might as well look for find him a replacement soon as well.

The 3rd comp. I haven't given much of a thought to yeah. I would possibly like to see us draft eddie royal at the spot. He would be a great slot. He is a faster Wes Welker. Obviously that would remove Dexter jackson from my draft seeing as how we really only need one reciever if even that really....

Well I hope that someone thinks I doing alright with my first draft. I learned from listening to you guys mostly..... Please let me know what you think.

DLBarnett1984 (4/1/2008)
Im new to the draft idea. This is the first year I have actually paid attention to more than the first 10 or so picks. So I thought I would give this a shot. So please tell me what looks wrong. I personally would like to see the falcons trade the 3 pick to fill other needs, but thats a real life thing not a mock draft thing.......

So with that said:

1st round: Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey

Either way I think we get a winning situation. We have problems with every tackle position on the field so as long as we take a tackle on either side of the ball I'll be excitied.

2nd Round(pick a)Sam Baker 

Now im sure some of you are like why would you take OT with the first two picks. Well I do believe that battle is won in the trenches. For "The Burner" and Norwood to have break out years and to put the falcons back atop the league in the rushing stats (which got us to a NFC conference game a few years ago) we need a solid line. This gives us a starting line of. Long, Blalock, McClure, Clabo, and Baker. I think that one of the best futures in the NFL on the line.

2nd Round(pick B) Dan Conner

With this pick I am thinking about keeping Brooking out of the middle and letting him roam a little. I mean the guys only has a few more years so might as well look for a strong middle Linebacker of the future. And 2 or 3 seasons with Boley, Conner, and Brooking at least looks promising to me....

2nd Round(pick c) Red Bryant

Not that we have an OL and a semi together linebacking crew it's time to go back to the treches. I have liked Bryant all through college and think him, Abe, Jamaal, and Babs can wreck a lot of havok. 

3rd Round Chevis Jackson

With the absence of Hall that honestly made me almost sign off as a Falcon fan until the season started I figure a little depth wouldn't hurt. I like houston and williams but I wonder how they will fair in the long run. I look for Jockson to give them a little run for their money in the preseason and make it a little exciting. 

4th round Tom Zbikowski

With the ageless Milloy and our "Amazing Secondary" I think that drafting a saftey to maybe learn for a year or prehaps step up and take the role now would make a great addition to the to our secondary. Hes a hard hitter and thats what we need. A little fear of god in our oppsition.

5th round Kevin O'Connell (WARNING: the comments that follow could ##### off many)

This pick proves my idea that I couldn't be a GM in the NFL. This pick in reality doesn't make much sense. But I do like O'Connell. I think he could be a good back up in the NFL..... And here it comes "Why would you look for a back up?" Well I am still a firm supporter of Vick and hope that he will return. Next years crop looks better to me anyway. And I will know more on Vicks situation. Plus I still love shockley. So let him have his chance in 08.

6th Round Dexter Jackson

Even though he did have an extemely good combine experience I think he still falls to us. I would be happy to see him in a falcons jersay. I think that he would be able to compliment Roddy, and Robinson. He has great hands and helps out return game.

7th Round (pick A) Bo Ruud

A nice depth pick up to add and possibly moving in to a starting roll when brooking decides he has had enough. He has a great moter and could be fun to watch for a few years. We will have to see how he pans out.

7th Round (PICK B) Cody Wallace

This is strickly a depth move and possible to devolop in to something with the right work ethic. With McClure being the old guy on the line might as well look for find him a replacement soon as well.

The 3rd comp. I haven't given much of a thought to yeah. I would possibly like to see us draft eddie royal at the spot. He would be a great slot. He is a faster Wes Welker. Obviously that would remove Dexter jackson from my draft seeing as how we really only need one reciever if even that really....

Well I hope that someone thinks I doing alright with my first draft. I learned from listening to you guys mostly..... Please let me know what you think.

Well, first of all we have an extra 3rd as a compensation pick, second you should decide who you want as the first pick, don't list both. I don't really want Sam Baker because he's a finesse blocker (soft in the run game). I think there will be better CB's left at that time than Chevis Jackson. I wouldn't touch Tom Zbikowski until the 6th or 7th at best. I don't think you adressed the o-line good enough with this draft imo.