DIMITROV IS THE ENVY OF EVERY GM IN THE NFL!!!!

Dimitrov has to be ready to jump through the roof by this point. the falcons already had a ton of picks before they were awarded the 3rd round compensatory pick. hopefully, the draft will go as follows.

1. glen dorsey- best player in the draft at a position the falcons desperately need.

2a. brandon flowers cb vtech- this also allows williams to stay at safety which improves 2 positions with 1 pick. flowers as the starting cb and williams as the fs.

2b. anthony collins ot kansas- instantly becomes a starter and a good one at that.

2c. carl nicks ot nebraska- now the falcons have taken thier oline from terrible to good with the potential to be great literally overnight.

3a. andre woodson qb kentucky- with a year sitting and learning and developing a quicker release, woodson can come in year two and be good right away, and be a top 5 nfl qb throughout his career. especially if he gets the type of oline the falcons could potentially end up with if they draft well.

3b. jerod mayo ilb tennessee- this guy has unbelievable potential and could come in and replace brooking in two years when he will most likely no longer be a falcon. with the way the falcons have drafted thus far, they have set themselves up to have 5 starters from one draft beginning year two.

4. charles godfrey cb iowa- i know most people are going to say they dont need a corner here with houston and flowers starting, but i dont think irons is good enough to be a 3rd corner, also godfrey is a stud on special teams. particularly on the defensive side of the ball, and can make an impact right away. your 3rd corner might as well be your 3rd lb nowadays with all the passing in todays nfl.

5. craig stevens te california- not a glamorous pick, but this guy great potential. he ran a 4.6 40, and led all tight ends in bench reps at the combine. milner is a decent blocking te, and dimitrov is coming from the patriots, who like to be stacked at te and use them in all sorts of ways. they will use milner as a blocker and stevens as a threat over the middle.

6. marcus griffin fs texas- whether or not jimmy williams works out at fs, milloy will not be here past this season, and griffin can play either fs or ss. i dont know why griffin is slated to go so low in this draft he is a definite starter in the nfl. maybe not right away, but definitely for the majority of his career he will be a solid starter.

HISMAJESTY2008 (4/1/2008)
Dimitrov has to be ready to jump through the roof by this point. the falcons already had a ton of picks before they were awarded the 3rd round compensatory pick. hopefully, the draft will go as follows.

1. glen dorsey- best player in the draft at a position the falcons desperately need.

2a. brandon flowers cb vtech- this also allows williams to stay at safety which improves 2 positions with 1 pick. flowers as the starting cb and williams as the fs.

2b. anthony collins ot kansas- instantly becomes a starter and a good one at that.

2c. carl nicks ot nebraska- now the falcons have taken thier oline from terrible to good with the potential to be great literally overnight.

3a. andre woodson qb kentucky- with a year sitting and learning and developing a quicker release, woodson can come in year two and be good right away, and be a top 5 nfl qb throughout his career. especially if he gets the type of oline the falcons could potentially end up with if they draft well.

3b. jerod mayo ilb tennessee- this guy has unbelievable potential and could come in and replace brooking in two years when he will most likely no longer be a falcon. with the way the falcons have drafted thus far, they have set themselves up to have 5 starters from one draft beginning year two.

4. charles godfrey cb iowa- i know most people are going to say they dont need a corner here with houston and flowers starting, but i dont think irons is good enough to be a 3rd corner, also godfrey is a stud on special teams. particularly on the defensive side of the ball, and can make an impact right away. your 3rd corner might as well be your 3rd lb nowadays with all the passing in todays nfl.

5. craig stevens te california- not a glamorous pick, but this guy great potential. he ran a 4.6 40, and led all tight ends in bench reps at the combine. milner is a decent blocking te, and dimitrov is coming from the patriots, who like to be stacked at te and use them in all sorts of ways. they will use milner as a blocker and stevens as a threat over the middle.

6. marcus griffin fs texas- whether or not jimmy williams works out at fs, milloy will not be here past this season, and griffin can play either fs or ss. i dont know why griffin is slated to go so low in this draft he is a definite starter in the nfl. maybe not right away, but definitely for the majority of his career he will be a solid starter.

I kinda like it.

USCfalcons23 (4/1/2008)
Dimitroff inherited a team that is in the cellar, I highly doubt anyone at Flowery Branch is "Jumping through the roof"

homers please refrain from posting this crap multiple times a day.

im the furthest thing from a homer you jackasss. im just saying as a gm you live for the draft and the falcons have more picks than he could have dreamed of.

USCfalcons23 (4/1/2008)
Dimitroff inherited a team that is in the cellar, I highly doubt anyone at Flowery Branch is "Jumping through the roof"

im the furthest thing from a homer you jackasss. im just saying as a gm you live for the draft and the falcons have more picks than he could have dreamed of.

That's great, but he has to guess right on 99.9% of them. We can't afford to miss on any of these picks.

Tetsujin-28 (4/1/2008)
USCfalcons23 (4/1/2008)

That's great, but he has to guess right on 99.9% of them. We can't afford to miss on any of these picks.

if the draft goes as i have laid out, he will have hit on 100%

sound good but collins, nicks and mayo will be far gone by those picks.

collins and nicks will be the 1st two picks of the second round and mayo will go in the middle of the second round. 

I am not too sure how much we need a TE in this draft. ben hartsock and martrez miller have that position locked up.

Tetsujin-28 (4/1/2008)
USCfalcons23 (4/1/2008)

if the draft goes as i have laid out, he will have hit on 100%

OK.....

USCfalcons23 (4/1/2008)

I doubt TD will be so upset, he tries to hand the extra 3rd round pick back. He may actually of be happy about it.

the speed in the nfl will give woodson nightmares and besides josh johnson is a better qb than woodson. we do not and i repeat we do not want anymore va tech athletes at this time.  

trucking (4/1/2008)

the speed in the nfl will give woodson nightmares and besides josh johnson is a better qb than woodson. we do not and i repeat we do not want anymore va tech athletes at this time.  

please dont compare every vtech player just because vick and hall are from there..schools dont make who the players are on the outside..themselves do. you are such a jerk to even make a statement like that.

Mayo will not be there in the third round.

grendel (4/1/2008)

No, that's a horrible mock draft. It's hard to mess up a draft with that many early picks, but you did... Brandon Flowers, for instance, will not even be on our draft board due to his off-field concerns. Same with Carl Nicks, probably, and even so he's a 3rd round guy. Mayo is a late 1st / early 2nd round prospect, and you've got us taking him in the 3rd.... And you have us waiting till the 3rd to address the QB position.

I'd give you an F+ (the plus is because Dorsey is at least a good pick).

WOW guess he is really upset that you think his "MOCK DRAFT" doesn't meet you approval.:P

With the NEEDS we have at so many spots why do you think we need to use anything before a third on a QB who will sit and learn anyway. How can you say what players will and will not be on our board because of  "his off-field concerns."

If you look back Vick had no off field concerns before the draft nor did Pacman and look what happend with them.  DUH 

BUT I hope you have a great day & GOD BLESS

Lot of wishful thinking and question marks.

Carl Nicks and Brandon Flowers have character concerns.  Nicks just got in trouble and was not allowed to take part in Nebraska's pro day.  Plus he is a little over aged. 

Flowers had a questionable photo of a bunch of money and what law officials speculated looked like drugs on his face book page.  I don't think the Falcons take any player with a hint of a character concern.

Jerod Mayo is a first round talent.  I've not heard anybody talk about him goin in the third round.  I think the consus is that he is one of the top 3 LB's and at least a top 50 player.

I think your statement needs to be stated a little differently. I cant fathom how any gm would be envious of Thomas Dimitroff and the rebuilding project he has on hand.

I dont think many gm's are envious of having to pay a rookie $30 million guarenteed either.

Now I bet some Gm's do wish they had the abundance of picks in the 2nd round that we do. Other than that I'm sure the gm of the Cowboys, Steelers, Pats, Colts, Chargers and other successful franchises are sleeping well at night.

brandon flowers will be a falcon come drat day i can almost guaruntee that. his value as a player, and for the falcons is too high for them to pass on him in the 2nd. nicks has been in trouble for things like fighting and breaking curfew, not exactly the same thing as running an illegal business.

face it people, matt ryan will be lucky to be decent in the nfl, and you dont pick qbs at no 3 overall in hopes that they become a decent player. you draft superstars. woodson has a lot more potential than ryan, and no matter who we draft at qb they are sitting the first year.

and mayo had a great combine, but before that was projec ted as a 3rd round pick because he is undersized. and as far a nicks goes, you have one person compalining that is too far of a reach because he wont last ntil late 2nd round, and another complaining that hes a 3rd rnd guy. which means im probably right to expect him to go where i have him. if we dont get nicks, w will get cherilus.

grendel (4/1/2008)
brandon flowers will be a falcon come drat day i can almost guaruntee that. his value as a player, and for the falcons is too high for them to pass on him in the 2nd. nicks has been in trouble for things like fighting and breaking curfew, not exactly the same thing as running an illegal business.

face it people, matt ryan will be lucky to be decent in the nfl, and you dont pick qbs at no 3 overall in hopes that they become a decent player. you draft superstars. woodson has a lot more potential than ryan, and no matter who we draft at qb they are sitting the first year.

and mayo had a great combine, but before that was projec ted as a 3rd round pick because he is undersized. and as far a nicks goes, you have one person compalining that is too far of a reach because he wont last ntil late 2nd round, and another complaining that hes a 3rd rnd guy. which means im probably right to expect him to go where i have him. if we dont get nicks, w will get cherilus.

This is the last franchise that will overlook off-field issues at this point. Flowers and Nicks will not be on our draft boards.

oh im sorry i didnt relize i was speaking to dimitroff himself!!!!

you pretentious little faggott!!!!

man i love how some of you people are so psychotic you really think that you know more than anybody else. if thier problems had to do with drugs, or gangs, or real violence at all, then they would be off thier boards.

they are trying to put together a football team, not a chess club buddy.