Hawks win

T.I

What if the Hawks stay hot into the playoff and play the Celtics tough. In that case I would say don't fire Woodson yet. In that case I would say let him go into next season as HC, knowing he could lose his job mid-season if necessary. If the Hawks were to somehow beat the Celts(yeah right) then it's not even a question. If the Hawks stumble into the playoffs and don't at least compete with Boston, then bye-bye Woody.

halsey (3/31/2008)
What if the Hawks stay hot into the playoff and play the Celtics tough. In that case I would say don't fire Woodson yet. In that case I would say let him go into next season as HC, knowing he could lose his job mid-season if necessary. If the Hawks were to somehow beat the Celts(yeah right) then it's not even a question. If the Hawks stumble into the playoffs and don't at least compete with Boston, then bye-bye Woody.

That's how I feel.  If they can make it a 6 game series with the Celtics (provided we make it in) I say bring Woodson back and let him know up front his leash is short.

here's why woodson's an idiot.  you're playing the 2nd half of a back to back, you're up by HUGE numbers in the 3rd quarter, and joe johnson still plays 38 minutes in a game.  that shows a sub 70 IQ for our coach.  this should have been an empty the bench kind of game where our starters could get some much needed rest.  while they got some (bibby especially), it could have been more.  our bench rotation has been horrible because there is little to no pattern of subbing aside from chill and zaza.  if we make the playoffs, i'm afraid our main guys are going to be to worn out to really make a run.  the talent is here.  halftime adjustments and a decent rotation is not due to poor coaching.

twright21 (4/1/2008)
here's why woodson's an idiot. you're playing the 2nd half of a back to back, you're up by HUGE numbers in the 3rd quarter, and joe johnson still plays 38 minutes in a game. that shows a sub 70 IQ for our coach. this should have been an empty the bench kind of game where our starters could get some much needed rest. while they got some (bibby especially), it could have been more. our bench rotation has been horrible because there is little to no pattern of subbing aside from chill and zaza. if we make the playoffs, i'm afraid our main guys are going to be to worn out to really make a run. the talent is here. halftime adjustments and a decent rotation is not due to poor coaching.
I take it you didn't watch the game?

watched the first half before heading out.  i checked the box score when i got home.  i know the 4th blew from keeping up with the score while i was out, but this was a good place to get our starters more rest than they got.  bibby got it.  joe still played 38 minutes.  and my take on the rotation still stands.  there's no rhyme or reason for what we do half the time.

ouch, checking the recap and saw it got cut to 12.  of course, if our bench played a bit more regularly, maybe they could hold a 38 point lead.:P

Now it's Woodson's fault that the starters didn't get more rest...

Some people just don't get it.  We were up big in the 3rd quarter, Woodson sits down his starters to rest them, the subs play terribly, Woodson puts the starters back in.  How can it be the coach's fault that the subs didn't provide the same energy that the starter's did?

Woodson does not need to be fired.

Speaking of the Playoffs , isn't all the first round games best of 5 ? If that is the case and if we stay in that # 8 spot , it could be a very short and painful quick exit .  Bad enough the first 2 games would be in Boston , I don,t see how we could survive a short series with the Celtics with the way our second unit plays . Let's be realistic here , a lot of our players are sitll so young with no playoff experience ( other than Joe and Bibby ) and we get blowed out bad in those first 2 games , the younger players may just have a it's great to be here kind of attitude and we'll get swept .

willc1975 (4/1/2008)
Speaking of the Playoffs , isn't all the first round games best of 5 ? If that is the case and if we stay in that # 8 spot , it could be a very short and painful quick exit .  Bad enough the first 2 games would be in Boston , I don,t see how we could survive a short series with the Celtics with the way our second unit plays . Let's be realistic here , a lot of our players are sitll so young with no playoff experience ( other than Joe and Bibby ) and we get blowed out bad in those first 2 games , the younger players may just have a it's great to be here kind of attitude and we'll get swept .

Everything is best of 7 now