The NFL Owner's Meeting: What did you think?

No more force out:  The receiver must have two feet in bounds, reguardless if they were forced out or not.

No 5 Yard Facemask:  The refs have to determine whether it was incidental or if it's a 15 yarders.

Helmet Radio: One defensive player will be allowed a helmet radio.

Long Hair Rule:  Players hair can't cover their name.

Playoff seeding: Changing the playoff seeding so that a wild-card team could get home-field advantage in a first round game if it has a better regular-season record than a division winner.

iDash (3/31/2008)
No more force out: The receiver must have two feet in bounds, reguardless if they were forced out or not.

That just Nuts,

Defenders are going to rule

I guess they are giving one back.  Everything else goes in favor of the receiver.  You barely touch them, and a flag is thrown.

i love the no force out rule. i thought it was so dumb that if u had one foot in and someone threw u out, that was a complete pass. side lines are there for a reason, theres only so much a defensive player can do.

also like the defensive player with headset. better communication= better defenses. defenses are always at a disadvantage against offenses, this will narrow the gap.

people shouldnt grab facemasks, i like the 15 yarder. but if it was purely accidental and he let it go ASAP, then it shouldnt be punished. i like this

as far as hair goes, who cares? we all know who they are. its not an issue at this point and they made it an issue for some reaosn.

I always wait a year before I make a firm judgement, but I see potential for problems with the change to the force out and face mask rules. DB's will look to do it which means it will be an advantage when they time it right, but may also lead to anticipating and pushing too early. I don't really see why the ruile needed to be changed, but we'll see. The facemask rule tells me that there will simply be more 15 yard penalties because refs will not be sure whether it was incidental or not and will choose to just punish the guy who grabbed the facemask, accident or not.

and like the playoff seeding thing, as a football fan i like to watch peyton manning throw a laser to reggie wayne instead of sorgi flinging a 10 yarder to utecht in the last few weeks of regular season.

and a 8-8 shouldnt have home court advantage over a 12-4. make no sense to me

halsey (3/31/2008)
I always wait a year before I make a firm judgement, but I see potential for problems with the change to the force out and face mask rules. DB's will look to do it which means it will be an advantage when they time it right, but may also lead to anticipating and pushing too early. I don't really see why the ruile needed to be changed, but we'll see. The facemask rule tells me that there will simply be more 15 yard penalties because refs will not be sure whether it was incidental or not and will choose to just punish the guy who grabbed the facemask, accident or not.

u know wat, for the facemask thing. i think its gonna be if ref sees the guys head turn then its 15 if his head wasnt turned or pulled at, then its a no call. insteald of if u touch his facemask it being auto 5.

Hate the force out suggestion....the red zone is tight enough already

If they can fine you for not having your socks high enough, then why not hair? Surprised Steven Jackson doesn't get yanked by down by the dreds every game.

On the re-seeding rule, teams don't play enough common opponents...strength of schedule would make it unfair (although Jacksonville this past year is an example that it didn't matter)

Purple Label (3/31/2008)
No more force out:  The receiver must have two feet in bounds, reguardless if they were forced out or not.

No 5 Yard Facemask:  The refs have to determine whether it was incidental or if it's a 15 yarders.

Long Hair Rule:  Players hair can't cover their name.

Playoff seeding: Changing the playoff seeding so that a wild-card team could get home-field advantage in a first round game if it has a better regular-season record than a division winner.

I love the helmet radio for the defense, that takes care of Bellicheat. :P Because the defense doesn't have to use hand signals anymore, they should have had that in at the same time of the QB helmet.

On the force out, thats cool, I agree, they about have the CBs castrated with all the **** rules, give them one back, and see a CB chunk a WR out of bounds. :w00t:

Long hair rule, could see that coming, its like the socks and everything else, the image of the NFL, but when Troy Polamualu got tackled by his hair, it made sense. Hmmmm I can grab that. :P You know players are going to cry about it, but hey if I m getting paid 3-4 million a year, you can decide whatever you want me to about my hair, it will grow back.  Sometimes. ;)

I'm glad of the playoff seeding, I've always hated that the way teams have tanked the last games, in the 98 super bowl year, the only reason why we didn't was minnesota was 15-1 and we were 14-2. ;)

Purple Label (3/31/2008)

All three of these favor Defensive Teams -- we are moving that way, so IMO this is a good thing for the Falcons.

iDash (3/31/2008)
No more force out: The receiver must have two feet in bounds, reguardless if they were forced out or not.

That just Nuts,

Defenders are going to rule

I was just thinking that. What a dumb rule change. No more sideline catches.

I ment to say its gonna be very hard to do that now.

"If a player is carried out it is still a catch."

Thats what I was thinking,

Say Gholston is playing MLB,

a small Wr jumps up in front of him in Middle of the field and the wr catches the ball

Gholston catches him in mid air,

WR never touches the ground,

and Gholston walks him to the sideline where he throws him to the ground WWE style!

grendel (3/31/2008)
bigduke633 (3/31/2008)
The playoff seeding is supposed to keep teams from throwing games late to rest players like the colts and seahawks did last year.

Yeah, but it doesn't affect the #1 and #2 seed, who are usually the teams that end up coasting into the playoffs.

It was meant to effect division champs vs best record wild card.You cant really get people to play when they are 2 or 3 games up.

bigduke633 (3/31/2008)
chifalc (3/31/2008)
Really, how many times a game does a forceout occur?

With the old rule some guys would hold up.Now they will be swinging away.I would be surprised if you dont see a force out almost quarterly.

Conversely, quarterbacks woudl probably do less sideline throws if that becomes a problem, you see, the game has was of adjusting.