We got the 3rd round pick!

Rev_Hal

rev_hal (3/31/2008)
Holy cow! This feels SO STRANGE! The Falcons.... dare I say it... are on a LUCKY STREAK?

This is turning into one of the funnest offseasons, especially after such a cruddy year last season!!!!

Just wait until they start trading picks to get an average QB when there are several average QB's to choose from with only 1 pick.

we are set for an immediate change now.

we can get our much needed Oline help with 2 this draft that can play this year.

we can get a DT, MLB, S,OLB,CB and QB by the end of the 3rd round!

with the remaining picks we can find some project players and gems for the Oline and Dline.

We have to remember that brooking and milloy will be gone soon. milloy after this year and brooking the next so we need to start filling those two positions with quality guys.

they will play on special teams this year but should be ready by next year.

we got boley in the 5th round so there is value at the lower picks if we do a good job finding guys.

trubirdfan4life (3/31/2008)

we can get our much needed Oline help with 2 this draft that can play this year.

with the remaining picks we can find some project players and gems for the Oline and Dline.

We have to remember that brooking and milloy will be gone soon. milloy after this year and brooking the next so we need to start filling those two positions with quality guys.

we got boley in the 5th round so there is value at the lower picks if we do a good job finding guys.

Finally someone can see the beauty of this as I do.  This will be a whole new team this year.  Don't forget Trey Lewis was a late 2nd day pick also.

BayouFalFan (3/31/2008)
trubirdfan4life (3/31/2008)

Finally someone can see the beauty of this as I do.  This will be a whole new team this year.  Don't forget Trey Lewis was a late 2nd day pick also.

Lewis sucks. Where are you guys seeing anything in this guy? He sucks. Also, I hope that we use EVERY pick and not trade.

Okay, Lewis doesn't suck...he is solid depth. I said the same about Shropshire and many of you opposed me on that too. Can't win with solid depth on the D-Line. That means no Run stopping and NO pass rush.

rev_hal (3/31/2008)
Holy cow! This feels SO STRANGE! The Falcons.... dare I say it... are on a LUCKY STREAK?!

Rev, I thought the same thing today when I heard about this pick.....our furtunes are changing....rapidly! I don;t think in the history of the franchise we would have ogtten this pick any other year....something is going on here that is paticularly unusual, something very good.

rev_hal (3/31/2008)
Holy cow! This feels SO STRANGE! The Falcons.... dare I say it... are on a LUCKY STREAK?

This is turning into one of the funnest offseasons, especially after such a cruddy year last season!!!!

I forgot who said it, but they said a team can only go down so low and the Falcons went as low as any team in the NFL has ever gone before (in 07). Now they can only go up from here. That was said before the coin toss.

gazoo (4/1/2008)
rev_hal (3/31/2008)
Holy cow! This feels SO STRANGE! The Falcons.... dare I say it... are on a LUCKY STREAK?!

Rev, I thought the same thing today when I heard about this pick.....our furtunes are changing....rapidly! I don;t think in the history of the franchise we would have ogtten this pick any other year....something is going on here that is paticularly unusual, something very good.

Not only this, but I never thought we would win that coin toss.

Legion (3/31/2008)
rev_hal (3/31/2008)

Just wait until they start trading picks to get an average QB when there are several average QB's to choose from with only 1 pick.

Why are you so certain TD and Smith are both lying when they say they will build through the draft? I haven't seen they say anything about trading picks to get specific players. From the recent interveiw with TD he seems to say the opposite.

darthfalconfan

Not only this, but I never thought we would win that coin toss.

yep...that was another one of those signs. I'm so used to watching the Hawks get shafted in the lottery and the Falcons rarely ever get a lucky bounce in anything, that these offsthings like winning the coin toss and getting a 3rd rounder are signs to me that something has changed in the universe and may I add the acquisition of one Tom Dimitroff in there as well. I think that this hire was the start of it all.  Pundits have even started changing their generally harsh attitudes toward the franchise and started demonstrating some element of respect at times......the tide is changing.