Legion (3/31/2008)
Its on the Falcons site.

Ooh, good call!

Okay, the official Falcons draft order is

#34 (from Oakland)

#48 (from Houston)

#98 (compensatory selection)

#232 (from Pittsburgh)

I was off one on each of the last three. Thanks for the heads up!

jidady (3/31/2008)
Legion (3/31/2008)
Its on the Falcons site.

Ooh, good call!

Okay, the official Falcons draft order is

#34 (from Oakland)

#48 (from Houston)

#98 (compensatory selection)

#232 (from Pittsburgh)

I was off one on each of the last three. Thanks for the heads up!

No probs. Hey, how do you think we're going to pick. I'm sure of a trade or two (which I am opposed to).

Had we not gotten the third rounder, I was pretty sure we would trade down. We might just stick at #3 and take the stud D-lineman now, though.

As I mentioned on the draft board, TD all but shouts from the rooftops that he is willing to deal down from the second round in exchange for a future first round pick. So, my guess is that we do that, as there is almost always a team willing to do this each year. The difference between the #40 and the #120 pick is pretty big, but a future first rounder is worth its weight in gold. To me, a dream scenario would be to deal back to #5 or #6, get an extra second round pick and then swap it for a 2009 first rounder.

I expect us to be fluid in terms of actual draft positioning on Draft Day. The Patriots were notorious for cutting deals the past few years. I suspect TD will carry that philosophy over.

TD can work with this many picks.  Don't be surprised if we actually have a whole new team and... A WINNING SEASON.  I said it and will stand behind it.

Remember what TD said when he took the job as GM, draft players to meet their philosophy.  There won't be any reaches or out-of-position developmental players.  The player that is drafted will be for a role on the team.

1st 8 picks to build a team. OL. DL, QB, MLB and ST

The remaining picks, undrafted players, and June cuts from other teams for depth.