Would you be willing to sacrifice 3 picks this year for this draft?

kamdensdad

1a) Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

then trade our #48 this year and our first next year for the #12 pick

1b) Brian Brohm QB Louisville

then trade our #37 this year, our #68 this year and our second next year for the #21 pick

1c) Brandon Albert for LT Virginia

2) Dan Conner OLB Penn State

3) (wishful thinking comp pick) Jamar Adams SS Michigan

4) Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State

5) Kirk Barton OT OSU

6) Jason Shirley DT Fresno State, I think with coach Smith's background he could get to the kid

7a) Jayson Foster KR/PR Georgia Southern

7b) Brandon Ore RB VaTech

kamdensdad (3/31/2008)
1a) Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

then trade our #48 this year and our firstnext year for the #12 pick

then trade our #37 this year, our #68 this year and our second next year for the #21 pick

5) Kirk Barton OT OSU

6) Jason Shirley DT Fresno State, I think with coach Smith's background he could get to the kid

No way. That kills next years draft.

I would much rather take Jake Long with our 1st because Dorsey's injury history scares the

crap outta me, like someone said we need to build a solid o-line to protect the QB we will

most likely take in this draft. We've got a lot of holes to fill so I don't think trading away

our future picks makes a lot of sense, you build through the draft and add complimentary

pieces through free-agency......just my .02cnts

kamdensdad (3/31/2008)
1a) Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

then trade our #48 this year and our first next year for the #12 pick-Trades will kill us in the future. Pick as you go. Dorsey is BPD(Best player in the draft IMO)

1b) Brian Brohm QB Louisville-Not worth a first. Wait til lesser rounds, take a guy and if he doesn't pan...pick someone next year No hurries.

1c) Brandon Albert for LT Virginia-He's going to be a guard or RT.

2) Dan Conner OLB Penn State-Bust

3) (wishful thinking comp pick) Jamar Adams SS Michigan-Bust

4) Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State-Bust (won't make it past preseason)

5) Kirk Barton OT OSU-Frank Omiyale, Quinn Ojinnaka

6) Jason Shirley DT Fresno State, I think with coach Smith's background he could get to the kid-Will be good enough to release Moorehead and Moore. Great kid with more athleticism than most believe.

7a) Jayson Foster KR/PR Georgia Southern-Biggest sleeper in this draft, perfect for Mularkey's system. A star waiting to happen if given a shot and he stays healthy.

-Cut before the preseason.

I'm no expert, but after watching all of these years you have to wonder why anyone would waste picks by using them to trade so much. Wouldn't you istead trade a handful of 7th, 6th, and 5th's in order to get someone else in the 4th or 3rd? NO? Then pick as you go and take your time with each pick. Think in terms of Fitting into the NFL because damned if I want another Jordan Beck/Darrel Shropshire/Trey Lewis type player.

Trading our first and/or second round picks next year would be about the dumbest thing I can imagine, especially for an overrated "system QB". You do realize that the odds are pretty good that we will be picking in the top 5 of the draft again next year don't you? If we were a Superbowl contender, and were close to a championship, you could justify the risk because in theory you should be picking toward the bottom. That's not the case here. I'm still sick from trading our following year's first rounder to the Ravens for a 2nd rounder we used to draft Reggie Kelly. That first rounder ended up being Jamal Lewis.

kamdensdad (3/31/2008)
1a) Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

then trade our #48 this year and our first next year for the #12 pick

5) Kirk Barton OT OSU

don't give up picks get a trade down for more because we need bigmen not lousy overated poor passing ridiculously stupid QB's named Brohm