What will you do with your Economic Stimulus money?

prolikewhoa

Are you getting $300, $600, $1200? Now that Bush's war and spending has f*cked our economy they are now giving us all some money. This ought to make our dollar more valuable. Maybe the Republicans can buy our vote back in November. $600 for a shopping spree in Wal-Mart ought to do it for some simpletons.

I'm getting $600. Should I put it toward a new TV? Computer? Donate it to the Obama campaign?

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179181,00.html

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prolikewhoa (3/31/2008)
Are you getting $300, $600, $1200? Now that Bush's war and spending has f*cked our economy they are now giving us all some money. This ought to make our dollar more valuable. Maybe the Republicans can buy our vote back in November. $600 for a shopping spree in Wal-Mart ought to do it for some simpletons.

I'm getting $600. Should I put it toward a new TV? Computer? Donate it to the Obama campaign?

Buy a brain, if you think Bush is the problem and any other candidate will solve USA's problems.  All candidates now days are all the same and they all lie!

prolikewhoa (3/31/2008)

Wow, I didn't know George Bush was an Atlanta Falcon. And here I thought we were in the Talk about the Falcons board rather than the 'Talk about Bush board. Silly me.

prolikewhoa (3/31/2008)

Not really giving so much as loaning it from your next years refund.

Some folks are gonna be P O'd next year come refund time.

prolikewhoa (3/31/2008)

and the Congress that is majority Democrat had nothing to do with it. Democrats and Republicans are equally to blame for this crap

octoslash (3/31/2008)
phalconphil (3/31/2008)
octoslash (3/31/2008)
No rebate for me, I'm happy to say:D

if i were in your position, a message board is the last place you'd find me.

Well if it makes you feel better, I'm going to Vegas the week of the 14th:w00t:

well if i was well off enough not to get one of the checks id have a lot better things to do in the 2 weeks leading up to my vegas trip.

prolikewhoa (3/31/2008)

By all means donate it to Obama......... The saying "A fool and his money are soon parted" HAD to have been written after the author met a Liberal.

Invest it...............hard times are coming.

direwolf (3/31/2008)
Demetrius Dew (3/31/2008)
All to debt.

Ditto. My wife and I are still dealing with some poor decisions back in college. Sigh. I really wish I could blame someone else for my excess spending, but I can't. Nobody to blame but myself.

Direwolf

hold on a sec....we cant have people taking responsibility for their own poor decisions, can we?

Dago (3/31/2008)
direwolf (3/31/2008)
All to debt.

Ditto. My wife and I are still dealing with some poor decisions back in college. Sigh. I really wish I could blame someone else for my excess spending, but I can't. Nobody to blame but myself.

Direwolf

hold on a sec....we cant have people taking responsibility for their own poor decisions, can we?

Seriously. It might upset the whole entitlement system that we've created in this country if people used logic and good sense to make their decisions and then accepted the results of those decisions.

Direwolf

pencilpusher (3/31/2008)
prolikewhoa (3/31/2008)

Not really giving so much as loaning it from your next years refund.

Some folks are gonna be P O'd next year come refund time.

No one thinks this is a bigger load of bs than I do. We as a country cannot afford this, and I fail to see how borrowing more money from China to send out this feel good garbage benefits the country.....quite the contrary.

That said....from your link

Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

direwolf (3/31/2008)
Dago (3/31/2008)
direwolf (3/31/2008)
All to debt.

Direwolf

Seriously. It might upset the whole entitlement system that we've created in this country if people used logic and good sense to make their decisions and then accepted the results of those decisions.

Direwolf

i shouldnt have to pay back my student loans because my job has nothing to do with what i went to college for.

Dago (3/31/2008)
direwolf (3/31/2008)
All to debt.

Direwolf

That is certainly not the Obama way......get with the program Direwolf. Blame the Neo-Cons and Bush for the poor decisions that we all have made and have the government bail you out.....its your RIGHT as an American.

Personal responsibility and pride are for losers........Dare to Hope. Obama '08

Dago (3/31/2008)
direwolf (3/31/2008)
All to debt.

Direwolf

I'm guessing you're refering to the housing market crisis and that your view is that only the borrowers were at fault, which is just as pathetic as those that accept no responsibility for their own decisions.