Safeties in the draft

L.Rover (3/31/2008)
It is 12:30 on a Sunday night, and you get impatient after 11 minutes of no reply? Yeah, you won't last long......
LOL was thinking the same thing.

Mid 2nd round Phillips & Morgan at FS.

3rd/4th rounds look at Barrett & Tyrell Johnson at SS.

After that, forget looking for possible starters. Maybe take a look at a few for ST's and limited reserve roles, but that's about it. This is just an awful draft for safetys, similar to what next year's QB draft is going to look like.

Robb4242 (3/31/2008)
L.Rover (3/31/2008)
It is 12:30 on a Sunday night, and you get impatient after 11 minutes of no reply? Yeah, you won't last long......

After that, forget looking for possible starters. Maybe take a look at a few for ST's and limited reserve roles, but that's about it. This is just an awful draft for safetys, similar to what next year's QB draft is going to look like.

I know people like to say that next year's class of QBs is going to be awful, but things could change. I look at guys like Todd Boeckman or Mark Sanchez (assuming he starts at USC) that could easily become top tier QB prospects. Not to mention that Matt Ryan really came out of no where, as it seems a lot of QB prospects generally have their best year their senior season.

All i am trying to say is that if we don't get a QB this season, it wouldn't be impossible to find a good one next year.

L.Rover (3/31/2008)
Robb4242 (3/31/2008)
L.Rover (3/31/2008)

I know people like to say that next year's class of QBs is going to be awful, but things could change. I look at guys like Todd Boeckman or Mark Sanchez (assuming he starts at USC) that could easily become top tier QB prospects. Not to mention that Matt Ryan really came out of no where, as it seems a lot of QB prospects generally have their best year their senior season.

All i am trying to say is that if we don't get a QB this season, it wouldn't be impossible to find a good one next year.

Should Sanchez start, which I'm pretty darn sure he will. It would be a mistake on his part for him to come out so soon. Even if he was to tear it up, his lack of starting experience would cost him a lot of money.