Lets trade the #3 pick, who is with me?

Nerdy Bird

I just don't see it being worth while to use this pick. The cap space that will be taken up the player taken at #3 will be absurd. If we can trade it to Dallas for even one of their first (if not both) and their second round picks, we should do it. We could fill even more of our needs and still be able to take someone like Brohm.

tybarry (3/30/2008)
I just don't see it being worth while to use this pick. The cap space that will be taken up the player taken at #3 will be absurd. If we can trade it to Dallas for even one of their first (if not both) and their second round picks, we should do it. We could fill even more of our needs and still be able to take someone like Brohm.

Brohm could go to carolina or chicago first.Dont copout make the pick.

Again it comes down to who really wants to move up to 3 with the cap and picks cost?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I really don t see <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Dallas giving up everything to move to 3. I can see Oakland moving out of 4 because they have no 2nd or 3rd rd picks and do they want another hefty contract? This is what most Oakland fans want to happen. If Dallas does move up I think it s with Oakland (but I even doubt that)

IMHO CinCin and the Pats have a better trade partner in KC (and that's a 2nd rd pick cheaper than us). If CinCin moves it will likely be for Ellis (who they might get at 9???) and the Pats may want to get ahead of the Jets, all that happens at the 5 spot. If J Long is off the board KC gets better value for the next OT by moving down a few spots. I doubt KC would give up their 2nd rd pick to trade with us if he s there at 3 when there s a good OT group they could get at the 7-15 spots and add an extra pick. (J Long and give up a 2nd rd pick or Clady and get an extra 3rd?????)

I think that our only hope is the Jets if they want DMac and they think Oakland will take him, but they have no 3rd rd pick so I doubt that they just give us their 2nd. It makes little sense for a 4-12 team to come out of the draft with 1 player in the 1st 3 rounds. If we do trade with the Jets, I think that it would be our 3 and 68 for their 6, 36 and a 2nd next year.

If we trade down a couple of picks and then steal Ellis would be a great move . Other than that , I wouldn't concider  trading down.  Plus that would give us 4 2nd round picks , Now my question is would you rather have Dorsey  or Ellis and an extra 2nd round pick, I know what I would want. WE could take Trever Law , Mayo , Rachal , Flacco , or Henne with that extra 2nd rounder !!  ;)

tybarry (3/30/2008)

It won't work---because The NFl teams that you need to trade with in spots 7-17 may actually want Brohm for themselves at those picks..

Ravens--he will probably be picked there.

Vikings - could select Henne in the 1st round

Panthers... Flacco could possibly be drafted by thm in the 1st.

tybarry (3/30/2008)

I'm with you, not that I want to take Brohm but trading down would be cool

The thing I would love most is if we trade down with KC who wants Jake , and we can take Ellis with the 5th pick , we could get thier top 2nd round pick and we would have to give them our 5th to be an even trade with the Trade Value chart . But to get Ellis and another top 2nd round would make my day . Just think of all the players that would could  get extra with that 2nd from the Jets !! WE would have the most amazing draft with 4 2nd rounders in the top half of the 2nd round .