I think Erik Ainge, Andre Woodson, and Josh Johnson are being SEVERELY underrated and overlooked by Brohm & Ryan Lovers!!!

Gimmesomo

I'm just saying, you all know where to find these guys stats and analysis and whatnot so i'm not going to get into a "statistical argument" with this one. The one point i want to make is these guys are football players and may not have the best analytical skills but have a great amount of passion for thegame.

With all the talk about who the franchise QB's are this year and who aren't or whether or not we should draft a QB in the 1st or how good the QB Class is this year compared to previous years, Draft conversation is getting a little cleshe. (if i spelled that right) It's obvious that the overall winning formula is either: 1) Building a Great Team Around a Great Defense or 2) Building a Great Team Around a Great Quarterback. (or both)

Obviously there are no Great QB's in this year's Draft but that doesn't mean one cannot be groomed ala' Brett Favre or Tom Brady. By the way who could have predicted 6th Round QB being so darn good? Hmmmm??? Do you really think the Patriots projected Tom Brady to be that capable that early? Didn't they already have a Super Bowl caliber team built around uh....Bledsoe? (He was a 1st Round pick huh?)

The Point: Certain things are foreseeable and certain things are not and we live for today to succed tomorrow. A 1st Round QB may help but will it propel us into a dynamic, every-year Super Bowl contending team? Who knows? What's guaranteed is that prioritizing and building a GREAT team will put you in the position to contend year after year. Who ever thought Kurt Warner would turnout to be the QB that he was? Who ever thought a small school QB like Ben Roesthlisberger could start his rookie year and dominate a in a league made of the best? Who ever thought a 3rd Stringer like Derek Anderson could have the year he had? Who ever thought Brett Favre would end up being greater than Dan Marino?!

The thing is: #1 QBs are expected to win. If they don't they make not only themselves but every fan, co-signer, and the franchise itself look like idiots. The popular choice isn't always the smart one and the best choice is usually not the obvious one. I say we consider some QBs who arent the obvious choices because groomed, customized and plugged into the right system who really knows what what anybody can truely accomplish???

All these are totally project QB's. I was never impressed with Ainge in college. Woodson at least had his moments. Johnson needs work too. Me personally wanting Brohm is he seems well rounded and could start when needed. ****, Ainge might as well be rated as highly as Ryan, neither did much in college, and both put up poor stats!

sporkdevil (3/30/2008)
All these are totally project QB's. I was never impressed with Ainge in college. Woodson at least had his moments. Johnson needs work too. Me personally wanting Brohm is he seems well rounded and could start when needed. ****, Ainge might as well be rated as highly as Ryan, neither did much in college, and both put up poor stats!

Poor stats?Come on....

Ainge would be good if he grows a pair and didn't have brain farts at the absolute worst possible moments.

Woodson would be good if he didn't have such a terrible throwing motion and footwork.

Johnson might be good 8 years from now if he good OC gets to mold him.

All have questions, but all have potential.

IF ANDRE WOODSON COULD BE MORE DECISIVE QUICKER THAN HE WOULD BE THE NUMBER 1 QB PROSPECT!

ERIK AINGE JUSS PLAIN SUCKS.... HE HAS NO TYPE OF ARM, KINDA LIKE JOEY!

JOSH JOHNSON WILL SHINE IF HE IS COACHED BY MUSGRAVE! HE DOESNT FORCE PASSES, HAS GREAT SPEED, HAS A GOOD ARM, AND HOPEFULLY HAS GREAT CHARACTER!

Ainge has real, real  small hands thus wounded duck passes and possible fumble problems. If not for that fact I could see a team taking him late. Woodson had two passes he would throw the ball deep and hope his receiver got under it before the corner and more often he threw it to the flat to the RB. Helping his completion precetage. The deep catches helped the Average yards per pass. He was a good College player but he will probably not even be drafted. Johnson to much to list and I don't know were to start. Just not an NFL quality QB.  

I really don't know where you guys get all these "personal analysis" from with comments like "Ainge just sucks" and "Woodson's the next Leftwich" and "Josh Johnson.....uh....sucks too"...

???? WTF!!! That's the crap i'm talking about, their's no real explanations here!!! All three of these guys have stats that are either on par or greater than those of Brohm, Ryan & Henne. And if you've actual SAW all of these guys play Brohm & Henne would be the top guys with the rest of them not far behind them. Josh Johnson was a phenom at his level!!! Erik Ainge seemed to get better and better every year, not to mention he was groomed by the same Offensive Coordinator as Peyton and Eli!!! Are you sh)ting me? And though Andre Woodson does have a slightly ef'd up throwing motion and not a lot of mobility he still found ways to win. ????? U know what: let's just draft Brohm or Ryan and see how everything turns out...

Woodson is nothing like Leftwich and even with that Leftwich isn't a bad NFL QB,his only problem is that he's injury prone.Woodson's release is like twice as fast as Leftwich and just as fast as the other QB and if it's not,it's not much slower.

Matthew Pritts (3/30/2008)
Erik AInge and Woodson are both garbage.

Johnson is a project at best.

I agree about Ainge, but I think Woodson has as much talent as just about any QB in this draft. He has a good arm, and played at a very high level against top competition in the SEC...

Johnson is an interesting prospect...

trucking (3/31/2008)
josh johnson is the bet qb in this class. doug williams is high on thi kid. hopefully the falcons will draft him became tampa is lookng at this kid very seriously.
If they do and start him next year or mid-way through this year, they will see no less than Wild Card in the playoff while we still sit tinkering with our brand new traded up-for Brian Brohm for the next few seasons getting torched by underrated and overlooked players AGAIN!

I try and try to like Woodson, but his slowish delivery and spread offense statistics constantly make me nervous. There is a lot to like though, adiquate arm strength, great intangibles, good character, height and size, accuracy are all positives...but the spread offense is a really big red flag for QB's.

I don't know much about Ainge, but you couldn't possibly expect to come into bulldog's country and get compliments on a Vols QB....could you?

Josh Johnson is likeable and accurate, but he has questionable armstrength and size. I like that he can scrable, but can he take hits in the NFL? His stats are good but he was playing in Div. II college football, so I don't think that he was exactly playing against NFL talent too much.

All three quarterbacks have questions, but ****, so do Ryan, Brohm, Henne, Flacco, Dixon, O'Connell, Smith, and anyone else coming out this year that I can think of. Even Xavier Lee! :P

I think that they all deserve consideration. Except Ainge.

sporkdevil (3/30/2008)

If you think 3522 yds, 31 TDs, 10 INT is poor.  Ainges 2007 numbers

Josh Affonso (3/31/2008)
I try and try to like Woodson, but his slowish delivery and spread offense statistics constantly make me nervous. There is a lot to like though, adiquate arm strength, great intangibles, good character, height and size, accuracy are all positives...but the spread offense is a really big red flag for QB's.

I don't know much about Ainge, but you couldn't possibly expect to come into bulldog's country and get compliments on a Vols QB....could you?

Josh Johnson is likeable and accurate, but he has questionable armstrength and size. I like that he can scrable, but can he take hits in the NFL? His stats are good but he was playing in Div. II college football, so I don't think that he was exactly playing against NFL talent too much.

All three quarterbacks have questions, but ****, so do Ryan, Brohm, Henne, Flacco, Dixon, O'Connell, Smith, and anyone else coming out this year that I can think of. Even Xavier Lee! :P

I think that they all deserve consideration. Except Ainge.

who told u josh johnson has questionable armstrength? i saw this kid play in the east/west shrine game and i can tell u now that he has more than arm strength but he also have all the tools to be a great nfl qb. don't give me this crap that he played at a small college because i can name a lot of athletes who played at small colleges and had outstanding nfl careers. do u know doug williams who also came from a small school who got drafted in the 1st rd, took tampa to 3 playoffs and won a sb with the red skins? well he's also high on this kid. if u got it u got it no matter what school u played at. 

BayouFalFan (3/31/2008)
sporkdevil (3/30/2008)

If you think 3522 yds, 31 TDs, 10 INT is poor. Ainges 2007 numbers

You almost forgot that he is 6'6 with very, very small hands (like said earlier). That sounds likely to be while being that tall:hehe:. He must be like that kid in the Burger King commercials

preview_320_260_1.jpg