Smartest way to Draft?

kyfalconfan

or Starters vs Building Depth?

Before we decide on who is best to draft-- what kind of offensive & defensive schemes is the new coach bringing to town?

Until we know that it makes little sense to speculate on draft picks or their potential imact on the team. The Free agent signings didnt give anything away.

Other than that, should we draft based on the strengths of the teams in the Division??

but it seems like everyone on this board knows what scheme we already have in place by saying we dont need certain players, or we dont need very good impact players especially at the corner spot. that to me sounds like a bunch of bull. if we dont need impact players at the corner spot, then we should trade for jason webster, and bring back ahmad carroll from the afl and have those 2 as our starting corners.

da snowman (3/30/2008)
but it seems like everyone on this board knows what scheme we already have in place by saying we dont need certain players, or we dont need very good impact players especially at the corner spot. that to me sounds like a bunch of bull. if we dont need impact players at the corner spot, then we should trade for jason webster, and bring back ahmad carroll from the afl and have those 2 as our starting corners.

. .Or people who claim to know that "Matt Ryan won't fit our new vertical passing attack'?

Not that I think we should draft Matt Ryan third.

sivik_outkast (3/31/2008)
FalconWong88 (3/31/2008)
Do you REALLY want JASON WEBSTER back?  OMG!  I'm sorry but he smelled like burnt toast for years.

Besides he's on the Patriots now.  Lets see how he does. 

Is it true that Lewis Sanders is also a Patriot?

Yea, I read somewhere that the pats picked up Sanders.

I've read it too, but on NFL Network's ticker he isn't listed as a pickup, maybe they don't think he's worth putting on it.

formul8or (3/31/2008)
sivik_outkast (3/31/2008)
FalconWong88 (3/31/2008)
Do you REALLY want JASON WEBSTER back?  OMG!  I'm sorry but he smelled like burnt toast for years.

Besides he's on the Patriots now.  Lets see how he does. 

Is it true that Lewis Sanders is also a Patriot?

Yea, I read somewhere that the pats picked up Sanders.

I've read it too, but on NFL Network's ticker he isn't listed as a pickup, maybe they don't think he's worth putting on it.

And the scary part is that they will both be Superbowl winners.  Scrubs to super subs.

kyfalconfan (3/30/2008)
or Starters vs Building Depth?

Before we decide on who is best to draft-- what kind of offensive & defensive schemes is the new coach bringing to town?

Until we know that it makes little sense to speculate on draft picks or their potential imact on the team. The Free agent signings didnt give anything away.

Other than that, should we draft based on the strengths of the teams in the Division??

Not really sure what you mean.  I certainly don't think we should draft based on what the Saints, Panthers or Bucs do or have. 

I'm certain that TD and the front office look at players who could excel playing inside on turf.  I'm sure teams such as Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay and other cold weather teams are aware of players who have experience in cold inclement weather but it certainly won't stop them from picking someone from say......Florida.

We need to pick the best player available at positions of need.