Dimitroff thinks outside the BOX. Could hopefully mean we dont draft a QB this year.

hawkeyes

Not drafting a QB would be soooooo smart because we have bigger needs that all our draft picks can be used on.  We have QBs that understand and know how to play football in the NFL we just need players around them.  That said you know I think Shockley has everything to be a starter in the NFL.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
Not drafting a QB would be soooooo smart because we have bigger needs that all our draft picks can be used on.  We have QBs that understand and know how to play football in the NFL we just need players around them.  That said you know I think Shockley has everything to be a starter in the NFL.

Would you agree qb is the most important position?

bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)

I would agree it is in the marketing department, but on the football field he just needs to know how to hand the ball and pass the ball, to pass the ball he needs protection, so I would say offensive and defensive line are the most important positions on the football field.

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)

I would agree it is in the marketing department, but on the football field he just needs to know how to hand the ball and pass the ball, to pass the ball he needs protection, so I would say offensive and defensive line are the most important positions on the football field.

Just hand it off or throw it?Yeah,that is easy.Suprised we even need more than one now that you mention it!Come on dude!

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
Please, please, JUST STOP IT!

You make yourself look more like a clueless, idiot homer each time you post this drivel.

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)

The Offensive line is 5 starters plus thier backups. He asked you "Would you agree qb is the most important position?". You're comparing the important of one player to 5 starters and thier backups. That shows you how important a QB is.

halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)

The Offensive line is 5 starters plus thier backups. He asked you "Would you agree qb is the most important position?". You're comparing the important of one player to 5 starters and thier backups. That shows you how important a QB is.

Halsey check out my thread on elite oline vs good oline from sports illustrated and tell me what you think.

Matthew Pritts (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
Please, please, JUST STOP IT!

You make yourself look more like a clueless, idiot homer each time you post this drivel.

F U! What makes you a expert? The fact you cant think for yourself, you have to go along with with everybody elses thoughts.

halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)

I think every singel position on the offensive line is more important than a so called franchise QB.

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
joremari (3/30/2008)
we are drafting a qb, possibly as high as number 3, and shockley is gone.

How do you know? Are you doing the drafting? Shockley is on the roster. The facts as we know them do not match what you think is facts.

vick is on the roster too but he isn't taking a snap for us anytime soon either. the fact is we do not have a franchise qb on this roster. Shockley hasn't even taken a regular season snap yet even though he has been in the league two years. There is a reason Joey has now been cut for three seasons and redman at his best is an average qb.

we are drafting a qb and shockley will be the odd man out.

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)

I think every singel position on the offensive line is more important than a so called franchise QB.

I'm gonna side with NFL teams who pay starting QB's the most money, draft Qb's #1 overall more than any other position and pay LT's big money because they protect a QB's blind side.

halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
[quote

I'm gonna side with NFL teams who pay starting QB's the most money, draft Qb's #1 overall more than any other position and pay LT's big money because they protect a QB's blind side.

Its just my opinion, marketing has more to do with QBs getting all that money, even the top draft picks in the draft that have not played a down in the nfl getting all that money.  Dallas gave Romo all that money because he is the marketing face of the franchise.

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
if Shockley went to Georgia Tech....would u still love him?

hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
halsey (3/30/2008)
hawkeyes (3/30/2008)
bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
[quote

Its just my opinion, marketing has more to do with QBs getting all that money, even the top draft picks in the draft that have not played a down in the nfl getting all that money.  Dallas gave Romo all that money because he is the marketing face of the franchise.

That and he threw 38 tds and 4200 yards.Hes more ears than face.They just hand the ball off and throw it nothing more.