We will not be interested in Chad Johnson.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Chad Johnson, but yeah, that move makes no sense for us. We just got rid of arguably the only person on our team with 'character' issues. We wouldn't bring in someone else with the same problems.

Besides, a WR isn't something we need that badly. I see Johnson going to the Eagles or Bears.

stoned_jc7 (3/30/2008)
I like Chad Johnson, but yeah, that move makes no sense for us. We just got rid of arguably the only person on our team with 'character' issues. We wouldn't bring in someone else with the same problems.

Besides, a WR isn't something we need that badly. I see Johnson going to the Eagles or Bears.

I agree, I like Chad too. I think he's a very good WR. But he's a "me" player, and we're not going in that direction. We are building a TEAM.

FalconFansince80 (3/30/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)
miKevicK777 (3/30/2008)
patriots took randy moss, look how well that worked out for them.

They lost the SB. They won 3 w/o Moss.

Thats grasping for straws man. If they took Moss he would take Johnson. He wont trade for him but if was a free agent he would sign him like he did Moss.

Pioli was the Patriots GM. Dimitroff was over scouting.

And what is grasping for straws? The guy said they got Moss and we see how that turned out. I like Moss, but as to how it turned out, they lost the SB. They won 3 w/o Moss. I'm just stating facts man.

birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)
FalconFansince80 (3/30/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)
miKevicK777 (3/30/2008)
patriots took randy moss, look how well that worked out for them.

They lost the SB. They won 3 w/o Moss.

Thats grasping for straws man. If they took Moss he would take Johnson. He wont trade for him but if was a free agent he would sign him like he did Moss.

Pioli was the Patriots GM. Dimitroff was over scouting.

And what is grasping for straws? The guy said they got Moss and we see how that turned out. I like Moss, but as to how it turned out, they lost the SB. They won 3 w/o Moss. I'm just stating facts man.

How did Moss lose the Super Bowl for the Patriots? You think they would have done any better without him? I dont even like Moss but lets be logical. Theres no comparison between the deals.

birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)
stoned_jc7 (3/30/2008)

I agree, I like Chad too. I think he's a very good WR. But he's a "me" player, and we're not going in that direction. We are building a TEAM.

Correct me if Im wrong but when you build a team you need football players right?

How did Moss lose the Super Bowl for the Patriots? You think they would have done any better without him? I dont even like Moss but lets be logical. Theres no comparison between the deals.

You're venting your frustration at the wrong person. Repeat: The guy I quoted said they acquired Moss and we see how that turned out. I'm simply telling you and everyone else how it turned out. They lost the SB. I'm also pointing out that they've won 3 SB's, without Moss, in the past few years.

You're wanting to argue about something I'm not questioning. I don't even know what your point is. Did you not see the Patriots lose to the Giants in the SB? Did you miss the Patriots previous 3 SB wins?

bigduke633 (3/30/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)
stoned_jc7 (3/30/2008)

Correct me if Im wrong but when you build a team you need football players right?

I'd say you are right about that. It'd be hard to build a team without any players.

birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)

You're venting your frustration at the wrong person. Repeat: The guy I quoted said they drafted Moss and we see how that turned out. I'm simply telling you and everyone else how it turned out. They lost the SB. I'm also pointing out that they've won 3 SB's, without Moss, in the past few years.

You're wanting to argue about something I'm not questioning. I don't even know what your point is. Did you not see the Patriots lose to the Giants in the SB? Did you miss the Patriots previous 3 SB wins?

Youre right. How stupid of me. I forgot the patriots drafted moss and had him calling defensive plays and playing in the secondary during the Giants last drive. Dammit, Randy swat the ball down!

The Falcon Ace (3/30/2008)
Bird, you cannot deny that the Patriots team was much better with Moss than without. Trying to relate the Patriots Superbowl loss to Moss being on the team is absolutely asinine.

All I'm saying is that they lost (The SB) with Moss and won 3 in the last 10 years without him. Would you agree or disagree?

USCfalcons23 (3/30/2008)
when did anyone mention Chad Johnson??

saying we are not getting Chad Johnson is like saying it will get dark tonight

You didn't miss anything - birdweisser gets antsy when there's no talk of his man-crushes and so he had to invent a subject to stop the "shakes" he is obviously having. Heaven knows since they pushed that trial back, he might start talking about Pacman all out the blue, he'll probably start some thread about Andre Rison and "character" - just bear with him. Forced Detox is taking a major toll.

birdweiserrr (3/30/2008)
T.I (3/30/2008)
Is he a thug bird?

I think he was in college but he's cleaned himself up. I like Moss. In fact, I'd like to see the new Moss in a Falcons uniform. He had some problematic moments in the NFL as well.

AMAZING BIRD JUST AMAZING