Official Braves @ Nat's Game Thread

mookie3127

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I go to ESPN.com and look at the previews for the MLB season and about half of them have us winning the World series. I've been gearing up for the NFL draft and following spring football and had no idea the Braves had such high expectations. Beorfe 5 mintues ago the most I knew was that we signed Glavine and lost Andruw and Edgar.

Its time to jump on back on the bandwagon. ;)

The Braves are in a strange situation. There are probably teams with better starting lineups and better rotations, but we have the type of depth that is the envy of the league. In fact, our Richmond team is going to field a better lineup than some MLB teams. I don't think that's hyperbole, either. We have had to send down several guys who ought to be playing every day (or pitching every fifth day).

jidady (3/30/2008)
The Braves are in a strange situation. There are probably teams with better starting lineups and better rotations, but we have the type of depth that is the envy of the league. In fact, our Richmond team is going to field a better lineup than some MLB teams. I don't think that's hyperbole, either. We have had to send down several guys who ought to be playing every day (or pitching every fifth day).

i'm still trying to figure out how scott thorman made it through waivers to get back to AAA.:blink:

mookie6927 (3/30/2008)

i'm still trying to figure out how scott thorman made it through waivers to get back to AAA.:blink:

This is the time of the year where everyone is so worried about their waiver guys that they don't ordinarily have room to claim someone else's. What we did with Gotay is rare.