Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott24Falcons

New IMD Trade Discussion/Approval Thread

2,149 posts in this topic

Brian (4/23/2008)
I think the toughest competition for me is your Chiefs mock, but I think both of teams have you beat, even if its by a little ;)

how about my saints?

Brian (4/23/2008)
I think the toughest competition for me is your Chiefs mock, but I think both of teams have you beat, even if its by a little ;)

Of course you feel that way, since those are your drafts.

I think I did pretty well on both, but there seems to be no love for the Packers.  :unsure:

bush (4/23/2008)
When are these summaries "due" so to speak?

Well, the draft is Saturday, and I think the plan was to have them done before then. At this point, even if they are done by then, there won't be time for people to read and vote on them. They'll all be preoccupied by the draft talk until it happens.

I think we will just wait until after the draft, especially since I don't have all of them in.

People aren't going to read through 10 pg. summaries, so try and keep them short and sweet.

Scott24Falcons (4/23/2008)
I think we will just wait until after the draft, especially since I don't have all of them in.

People aren't going to read through 10 pg. summaries, so try and keep them short and sweet.

But they can just look at the pretty pictures!  :w00t:

JRob215 (4/23/2008)
Brian (4/23/2008)

Of course you feel that way, since those are your drafts.

I think I did pretty well on both, but there seems to be no love for the Packers. :unsure:

Cause you blew it!! Just kidding :P I just think if I had the Chiefs I would have done something similar so I like what you did. Even tho JDB isn't going anywhere near where you got him, you got a little lucky and it paid off. The one thing that threw me off in my draft was Kenny Phillips to the Eagles, but I remembered Reggie Smith and his All-American FS years and looked at his ranking and he was right there with him.

I just made a thread with all of my sleepers for this draft. My research has led to me finding some great prospects, particularly DE Alex Hall, WR Chaz Schilens, RB Jerome Messam (I love this kid, I encourage you at the very least to go to my thread and read on him), FB Carl Stewart, OT/OG Brandon Keith, OG James Blair, CB Darnell Terrel, and SS Nehemiah Warrick, all of whom I hope are Falcons before training camp begins.

I don't count Lamar Myles because I have known of him for years, but he needs to be a Falcon.

Denver Broncos GM

1(12) Ryan Clady OT Boise State 6.6 309 5.18

Will instantly start at LT and will fit perfectly for Denver s zone blocking scheme because he is athletic.

2(42) Dre Moore DT Maryland 6.4 305 4.84

One of Denver s biggest problem last year was stopping the run. Moore will definitely help that improve. He is EXTREMLY athletic and can cause havoc on the lines. He is a step in the right direction

4(108) Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin 6.3 221 4.49

With Walker leaving and the freak accident, Denver needed to add a WR in this draft. Hubbard has a ton of potential he was just inconsistent. He put up great numbers at his pro day and he is getting a lot of attention.

4(119) Jameel McClain MLB Syracuse 6.1 249 4.74

I rushed this pick and ####ed it up. Although McClain is a good MLB he could have been drafted much later. I should have taken Vince Hall here.

5(139) Gary Guyton OLB Georgia Tech 6.2 245 4.47

A 6.2, 245lbs. OLB who runs a 4.47. I believe that s the definition of beast . He is going to provide good depth for the Bronco s OLB. Could start at OLB too.

5(148) Jalen Parmele RB Toledo 6.0 224 4.47

Bronco s fans are in love with Parmele. He is a power back at 224 lbs. who can return kicks. He s got his own fan club over on the Bronco s MB.

6(183) Rudolph Hardie DE Howard 6.2 270 4.77

Very productive in DII. Late round sleeper could turn out to be something special.

7(220) Frank Morton DT Tulane 6.2 327 5.34

Huge NT, who will also help out Denver stop the run.

7(227) Mike Dragosavich P - North Dakota State 6.6 212 4.85

Got the 2nd best punter available since Brooks went in the 6th. Will probably instantly become the starting punter.

UDFA (1) Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan State 6.0 254 4.69

Denver needs a FB to compete with Cecil Sapp and Caulcrick will put up a fight. Amazingly strong and runs with great power, he s a force to take down.

UDFA (2) Kirk Elder OG Texas A&M 6.4 305 5.20

Will provide great depth on the OL. Can also play OT, but better suited at OG.

---------------------------------

Overall I think I did a pretty good job with the Broncos. I addressed all their needs and got some really good late round players, that could turn out to be really good players in the NFL. It really sucked that the Broncos didn t have a 3rd round pick, but I didn t wanna waste picks trying to move up.

Detroit Lions GM

1(15) Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh 6.6 322 5.55

I think he will be a great LT, but he can also be a great RT. He has great footwork and will greatly improve Detroit s ghetto a## O-Line. With Detroit running the ball more with their new offense he will also improve the running game too.

2(45) Lawrence Jackson DE USC 6.4 271 4.82

Great DE that will replace Kalimba Edwards. Edwards was a bust and Detroit s O-Line needed to get a lot more pressure on the opposing QB. Jackson should contribute on the DL and will become a great DE in a couple years.

3(76) Kevin Smith RB Central Florida 6.1 217 4.53

One of the best college RB s. Although he played against crappier teams, he still put up amazing numbers. Since Kevin Jones got cut, and Tatum Bell being somewhat unproven Smith will get a lot of playing time and split carries with Bell.

3(87) Beau Bell MLB UNLV 6.1 244 4.78

Bell is a good MLB, he was once a projected 2nd rounder. He is great at stopping the run and blitzing. He ran 4.9 at his pro-day and everyone was complaining that he is a lazy bum, but he isn t. He has a knee injury that has been bothering him and it hasn t allowed him to perform at his greatest ability.

4(111) Frank Okam DT Texas 6.5 347 5.32

Lost 20 lbs. since the combine and has been working on losing weight. I believe in him and I don t think he is a lazy fat a##. He has been trying hard to get it down so it shows he cares. He will greatly improve Detroit s DL and will replace Shaun Rogers, perfectly.

5(144) Jamar Adams SS Michigan 6.2 212 4.59

Great physical numbers. He is a tackling machine. Since Kennoy Kennedy got cut, Jamar Adams will probably come in and start.

6(176) Pierre Garcon WR/KR Mount Union 6.1 210 4.42

Outstanding WR, could be this years Colston. Has amazing hands and dominated in DII. Great physical numbers. Is also an electrifying KR and fills in 2 needs for the Lions in one. One of my favorite players in the draft.

7(216) Lamar Myles OLB Louisville 6.0 220 4.59

One of the most underrated players in the draft. Had 120+ tackles at Louisville. He came out as a junior which was a mistake IMO, because he would have probably gone in the Top 3 round if he stayed another year.

UDFA (1) Bernard Morris QB Marshall 6.4 223 4.68

Small school QB who is very athletic and has a strong arm. Great size and speed. Could develop into a fine back-up, possibly starter, with proper coaching.

UDFA (2) Andy Studebaker OLB Wheaton 6.3 251 4.55

Athletic beast. Was EXTREMLY productive in college. At worst he will be a good ST player.

-----------------------------

Overall i think i did a great job with the Lions. Lions fans were actually happy with this draft. About **** time. I filled in all their needs and got some great players. Focused a lot on their defense.

I have to disagree with you on Dragosavich. He is the #2 rated punter in this draft, but he will need a year or two before he can start. He still shanks a bunch of kicks every once in a while and his worst setback is that he is a 3-step kicker which brings him very close to the line of scrimmage. He rarely got blocked in college but if he continues his punts will get blocked quite often. He has a great leg but he needs to be taught an entirely new technique.

Brian (4/24/2008)
I have to disagree with you on Dragosavich. He is the #2 rated punter in this draft, but he will need a year or two before he can start. He still shanks a bunch of kicks every once in a while and his worst setback is that he is a 3-step kicker which brings him very close to the line of scrimmage. He rarely got blocked in college but if he continues his punts will get blocked quite often. He has a great leg but he needs to be taught an entirely new technique.

Hater.

Falcons Draft  

Round 1 p4: Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern Cal

Sedrick Ellis is probably my favorite player in this entire draft, I gave up a lot to move back up but I really think it is going to pay off. He does everything you ask and won't complain.

Round 1 p9: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

I traded down from #3 with the Bengals in exchange for the #9 pick and Chad Johnson. I was able to grab the Falcons franchise signal caller, IMO and many others on this board Brohm is the best available QB this year. Should have it easy passing to Chad, Roddy & Laurent.

Round 2 p48: Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska

Unlike many people on this board, I'm very high on Nicks. He is the type of smashmouth, punish you for 60minutes type of lineman that MM loves. IMO he is plenty athletic enough play LT in this run first scheme.

Round 3 p68: Jonathan Goff, MLB, Vanderbilt

Our future MLB, he will learn under Brooking for this year. He has a nose for the ball and knows how to work around the big guys. May not be the most physical guy in the middle but he is solid and overall we will have a good group of LBs with Nicholas/Goff/Boley

Round 3 p98: Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU

This is a guy who isn't a workout warrior, but that's fine because we aren't looking for body builders, we're looking for football players. When I've watched type on this guy, I see a physical corner who isn't afraid to come and help out in the running game. Will see plenty of playing time his rookie year.  

Round 6 p172: Donald Thomas, OG, Connecticut

He was a steal this late in the draft IMO. He's rated as a 3rd to 4th round prospect by nfldraftscout.com - Thomas is another future starter, I can see him adding 10-15lbs and coming back as a starter as LG. Does a good job in both pass protection & run blocking.

Round 7 p212: Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tennessee St.

An interesting prospect, will be a developmental player who will most likely spend the year on the practice squad. Has limited upside but he did play LT during his career at MTS.

Round 7 p226: Mario Urrutia, WR, Louisville

After trading away Jenkins while moving up to #4, I needed a big bodied WR. I figured he was the best bet, not only because of his size but because he and Brohm already have chemistry with eachother. Marques Colston 2.0 anyone?  

Round 7 p232: Kroy Biermann, DE, Montana

This late in the draft it's hard to tell who might make it, so I went off of production. Biermann is a guy who had 16 sacks his senior year, while also record 70 tackles, 19 of which were for a loss.

UDFA 1: Jayson Foster, RS/WR, Georgia Southern

A fan favorite among these boards, and for good reason, he is lightning fast and holds numerous NCAA football record. Will step in and be our return man from day one. Has good open field moves and once he is out in front, there's nobody that will catch him.

UDFA 2: Jerome Felton, FB, Furman

I was looking to add another back and did so with Felton. He is a mac truck with legs, checking in at 6'0 247lbs, but not only is he big, he's strong as an ox. He put up 30 reps on the bench press. Some people have compared him to Jerome Bettis. The wheels on the mac go round and round.....

Scott24Falcons (4/24/2008)
If that's everybody's summary, I will post the thread now. Let me know.

There still might be some people who will add theirs. But make the thread anyway and they can just add it.

I don't think I'm going to have time for the Patriots time any time soon, so you can go ahead and post it.

02/05/08 - Texas vs. The Nation Review: P Michael Dragosavich (North Dakota State)-There's no question he can boom the ball 55-60 yards quite often. Needs to improve his touch inside the 20. His three-step delivery takes too long and brings him too close to the line of scrimmage. Showed a little of the inconsistency apparent in practice with a low line drive late in Saturday's game.

01/30/08 - Texas vs. The Nation - Nation Tuesday Practice: Nice size and leg extension. Kicked balls 55-60 yards with the wind, with a few clunkers thrown in occasionally. Placed punts in the coffin corner, landing on the sideline at the 10 yard line. Three-step punter, however, which puts him about halfway to the line of scrimmage because of his long strides. Needs to speed up and shorten that delivery.

Nah man I'm just tellin it how it is...thats from NFLDraftScout.com btw.

Brian (4/24/2008)
02/05/08 - Texas vs. The Nation Review: P Michael Dragosavich (North Dakota State)-There's no question he can boom the ball 55-60 yards quite often. Needs to improve his touch inside the 20. His three-step delivery takes too long and brings him too close to the line of scrimmage. Showed a little of the inconsistency apparent in practice with a low line drive late in Saturday's game.

01/30/08 - Texas vs. The Nation - Nation Tuesday Practice: Nice size and leg extension. Kicked balls 55-60 yards with the wind, with a few clunkers thrown in occasionally. Placed punts in the coffin corner, landing on the sideline at the 10 yard line. Three-step punter, however, which puts him about halfway to the line of scrimmage because of his long strides. Needs to speed up and shorten that delivery.

Nah man I'm just tellin it how it is...thats from NFLDraftScout.com btw.

haterade.gif

lol...seriously no hate here. I prob would've considered taking Dragosavich with one of my UDFA had he been there because he can refine his technique in two years and be very good. But an immediate starter?...psh. :P

Brian (4/24/2008)
lol...seriously no hate here. I prob would've considered taking Dragosavich with one of my UDFA had he been there because he can refine his technique in two years and be very good. But an immediate starter?...psh. :P

Yea i made that up. I saw him in a bunch of Broncos' fans mocks so they needed a punter, and i took him.

ok i finnally have time off...

ok here is the Cincinatti Bengals Offseason

trades- #9 + Chad Johnson to: Atlanta for:#3 overall

Round 1/3- Glenn Dorsey DT- he comes in starts day one and is the anchor of the whole DLine.

round 2/46- Erin Henderson OLB-helps out a terrible group at linebacker. with odell thurman coming back this could be a strength. brother is E.J. from the Vikings.

round 3/77-Charles GodfreyCB- depth and soon as a starter for once dealtha is starting to get old.

round 3/97-william Fanklin WR- fast and is slated to start. need a wr since CJ is gone and henry is too.

round 4/112- Jeremy Thompson DE- can be a starter since justin smith left. huge gap here, as he fills it.

round 5/145- Marcus Smith WR- depth and TJ is getting any youger either.

round 6/177- Cory Boyd RB- they need help at RB as rudy isnt getting it done at all.

round 6/ 207-Jason Shirley DT- depth and a huge nose tackle. can be brought in as a stater. but will only play the run downs.

round 7/244-Corey Clark OL- depth

round 7/246-Matt Spanos OL- Depth

UDFA 1- Steve Octavien OLB- depth and is a huge steal. starter in 3-4 years.

i feel that the bengals will have another mediocracy (9-7) this year since they lost CJ. their defense will be better and in 3 years i see them playoff contnders.

heuertz, at first i thought it might be a bad idea to give up ocho cinco, but now that it is this bad that was a fantastic trade for the bengals. they fill a big need and unload chad, who is now becoming a big problem for them.

its a great trade for atlanta too, but the more bitter the bengals and chad dealings get, the better that move looks for the bengals.

SonofAlois (4/24/2008)
I got the best punter in Duran Brooks, and probably the best punter in the past 5 years
you prolly have the best sig ever ;)

SonofAlois (4/24/2008)
I got the best punter in Duran Brooks, and probably the best punter in the past 5 years

He's very good, but I would not go that far...

Durant Brooks

Height: 6-01/4 | Weight: 204 | 40-Time: 5.20

Notes:

Legendary punter Ray Guy is a family friend and mentor...Won the Ray Guy Award as the nation's top punter in '07...Spent two years at Georgia Military College and then redshirted in '05...Downed almost half of his punts the past two years inside the twenty...Fantastic punter prospect who is just a notch below some of the top guys from recent years, i.e. Daniel Sepulveda / Ryan Plackemeier...Will be drafted.