It's either J. Long or Dorsey

In my mind, our first pick comes down to Jake Long or Dorsey, either would fit a need. If they are both off the board, then we really find ourselves in a difficult spot. I am really not enamored with M. Ryan and from what I have read neither are the Falcons. So, we will desperately seek to trade down a few spots or we will be forced to reach for a talent which fits our needs such as Clady or Ellis.

I have read numerous mock draft which have us taking Chris Long and I really can't see it. I don't think that the Falcons are going to give up on Jamaal Anderson after one year.

IMO if we get Dorsey at #3 then we won't look to draft DL again til 5th, 6th or 7th.  Trey Lewis was found late in last years draft.  I believe TD will try to get players throughout the draft including late on the second day.

I felt sometimes when Dan Reeves and then McKay would sometimes throw picks away or look for training camp practice squad in the late rounds.

Its probably either jake long or dorsey at 3 I agree.

But I do feel we will be accepting offers to trade down because of McFadden being there at 3.

If we trade down to the 6th (with the jets) we will probably go for ellis, (dorsey just incase he's there but I doubt it) gholston, brohm or clady.

I hope we dont go for clady because we can pick up a good Tackle in the 2nd round.

eidolon1974 (3/30/2008)
.I have read numerous mock draft which have us taking Chris Long and I really can't see it. I don't think that the Falcons are going to give up on Jamaal Anderson after one year.

most of the experts seem to agree chris long has the ability to play any position in the front 7. so if we draft him that doesn't mean he will play only DE this year. i would draft him than dump abraham off next year, maybe for a draft pick, since he is getting older and has injury problems.

BayouFalFan (3/30/2008)
IMO if we get Dorsey at #3 then we won't look to draft DL again til 5th, 6th or 7th.  Trey Lewis was found late in last years draft.  I believe TD will try to get players throughout the draft including late on the second day.

I felt sometimes when Dan Reeves and then McKay would sometimes throw picks away or look for training camp practice squad in the late rounds.

Lewis isn't a very good DL. He's solid depth.

I just can't see us trading down if either Dorsey or J.Long are there at 3 if either of them fofill there potiential we'll have either a anchor for the d-line or o-line for the next decade we just really can't afford to let these two pass us by.Me I'd like to see the Falcon's really improve there run stopping and QB pressure next season.I'd love to see us have a dominant front 4 in the next 2-3 years.

kiwi-falcon (3/31/2008)
I just can't see us trading down if either Dorsey or J.Long are there at 3 if either of them fofill there potiential we'll have either a anchor for the d-line or o-line for the next decade we just really can't afford to let these two pass us by.Me I'd like to see the Falcon's really improve there run stopping and QB pressure next season.I'd love to see us have a dominant front 4 in the next 2-3 years.
Not gonna happen. You'll see a bunch of "miss-picks" throughout the draft

If we stay put, Yes, I'd say this post is correct . But the best thing for us to do is if possible is to trade down a few picks and then still get Sed Ellis who is one of the top two safest picks in the draft . NOW this would be awsome. Then we would pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder .

formul8or (3/31/2008)
Dorsey I promise 100% is the pick if he's there.  He's the best and safest pick the draft has at a position we need.

Then it will be Jake Long if Dorsey is off the board.

I'm not so sure they would take Dorsey over Long ,  I think Chris Long and Sed Ellis are the top two safest picks , and Jake is the third safest pick .  It's a pretty nice probelm !  Getting to choose from 5 of the top 7 eliete players in this Historical draft  that is by far the best I've ever seen . The RB class is unbelievable , and the OL and CB class are as good as I've ever seen.

The real debate should be who we take if both J Long and Dorsey are gone.  A trade down would seem more reasonable, but if we stay put -- who else would be worth a #3?  C Long and Golston are good, but DE isn't our highest priority.  Ellis is good, but probably not worth 3 overall.  Ryan is a gamble. 

brvslugger10 (3/30/2008)
I see us trading down with someone like the Jets, Bengals, or Patriots and still getting Sedrick Ellis or Ryan Clady.

I don't. The Bengals and Patriots would draft a couple of players that The Falcons hope would drop to lower picks.

The pick is Dorsey, and he symbolizes HC Smith, and Dimitroff's new philosphy here..

It will be said over-and-over again when he arrives for their post-draft press-conferences.

chuck (3/31/2008)
The real debate should be who we take if both J Long and Dorsey are gone.  A trade down would seem more reasonable, but if we stay put -- who else would be worth a #3?  C Long and Golston are good, but DE isn't our highest priority.  Ellis is good, but probably not worth 3 overall.  Ryan is a gamble. 

Golston is overrated , he should not be picked untill at least 7 , just BC he blew the combine out of the watter don't mean he plays that way on the field , BC he don't !

Draftnut57 (3/31/2008)
formul8or (3/31/2008)
Dorsey I promise 100% is the pick if he's there.  He's the best and safest pick the draft has at a position we need.

Then it will be Jake Long if Dorsey is off the board.

I'm not so sure they would take Dorsey over Long ,  I think Chris Long and Sed Ellis are the top two safest picks , and Jake is the third safest pick .  It's a pretty nice probelm !  Getting to choose from 5 of the top 7 eliete players in this Historical draft  that is by far the best I've ever seen . The RB class is unbelievable , and the OL and CB class are as good as I've ever seen.

Why would Ellis in any way, shape, or form be a safer pick than Dorsey??