have a coke and a smile

backnblack

Wow thats long. Is there any mention of Henry Ford? He did alot of business with Hitler and they had each others picture in their office. Henry was a anti-semitic big time.

Another tidbit: If my memory serves me some of Exile on main Street was recorded in a house in France that was occupied by a Nazi bigwig during WW2. I think it was Keith that commented on that saying the vent grates? had swastikas made into them.

Yeah, the house was in France and known as Nelcote and had housed some SS Gestapo guys if the legend is true. It had also been the home of a French army officer or something who had jumped off the roof to his death. I'd love to see that house one day. there was an interview with Anita Pallenburg I saw a while back that had some clips of it and into the harbor that was below it. During the recording they had multiple problems with power surges and outages that would hamper the process as well as the fact that some local thugs came in and stole all of their guitars near the end. If you ever notice, Richards seemed to shift to mainly single coil Fenders after that album whereas prior he seemed to play Gibsons more.

Yeah, i was listening to some of that stuff last night I guess after we talked about that NY "punk" scene the other day. I saw him once in the early 80s at 688 in ATL. I always thought that was a great description of my generation, so to speak. I'm a tail end Baby Boomer and never really bought into the hippie thing....or whatever people bought into after us! I meant to download that tune you were talking about by Jimmy Cliff. Must go back and find that one. Lots of R. ****'s stuff kind of sucks out of context but I like some too. He had a song I couldn;t find that I used to like that was kind of slow and the main thing I recall about it was he kept saying "baby ooooh!" Does that tell you anything?:laugh:

Doesnt ring a bell though Ive never listened to much besides Blank Generation. Always meant to check his stuff out more though. Johnny Thunders/Wayne Kramer doing their Gang War tour is the version youll be looking for. Second version on this album in the link is the one:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3283812/Johnny...)_%5BVBR_mp3%5D

backnblack (3/30/2008)
My old band used to cover Daddy Rolling Stone off of So Alone. ever hear that? Phil Lynot and I think s. Marriot sing a verse. One of my very favorite Thunders recordings.

Yes I used to own the cd. Steve Jones and Paul Cook rounded out the band. I guess everyones dead from that album but Jones and Cookie. I liked Daddy Rolling Stone. Great Big Kiss was alright too for a girl group song. Leave me alone, I dont wanna go home, no matter what you say, its the other way ow ow ow ow.