IF THE FALCONS DRAFT WOODSO IN THE 3RD, THEY COULD POSSIBLY HAVE THE BEST DRAFT OF ALL TIME

IF THE FLCONS DRAFT ENDS UP LIKE THE FOLLOWING, IT COULD BE THE GREATEST DRAFT OF ALL TIME

1. GLEN DORSEY DT LSU- The best player in the draft, at a position f great value, as dt is, as d-line is in general, should be a no brainer if he is still here

2A. BRANDON FLOWERS CB VTECH- This would also assure that jimmy williams stays at safety which i still think he can be an all pro, meaning the falcons would improve two positions with one pick. another example of getting great value out of the draft.

2B. ANTHONY COLLINS OT KANSAS- The reason why the falcons should not take jake long with the #3 pick is because he is not a left tackle, but a right one. collins provides a pure left tackle who can come in and start right away.

2C. CARL NICKS OT NEBRASKA- This takes atlanta's oline from dreadfull to good, with the potential to be great literally overnight. with collins and nicks protecting the edges, falcons qbs should finally have a consistent pocke to throw from for the next 15 years. what a dramatic turnaround this would be.

3. ANDRE WOODSON QB KENTUCKY- Woodson is the key to the whole thing. the only weaknes he has is a slow release. and we are not talking about vince young slow either, his realease is a little slow. i think that with a year sitting and learning, and working on getting a quicker release, woodson will come in and be very good right away, and a top 5 nfl qb throughout his career. especially if he has the type of oline protecting him that they could potentially end up with if they draft well. the falcons, already in this draft have completely changed the entire outlook of thier team if thier draft goes as i have laid out.

4. CHARLES GODFREY CB IOWA- The falcons would be very fortunate if godfrey really does slip this far, but most mocks have him going in the late 3rd early 4th, so its not much of a stretch. this would provide great depth both in the secondary, and on special teams for the falcons.

5. PHILLIP WHEELER LB GEORGIA TECH- Kieth brooking isnt getting any younger, and with a year to devlop and learn, wheeler should be a starting caliber ilb in 2 years when brooking will most likely no longer be a falcon.

I'm not even sure we need a QB in the draft, and I'm not sold on Woodson as being the answer. I think he should be there in the 4th round, maybe even later, because he needs work. And I'm not sold on a corner with our 2nd pick, because we have much bigger needs. Maybe a later round corner, OT or at least OG or safety should come before an unneeded luxury like a CB.

But yes, going hard for the lines will make us a solid team for years, and I love that instead of a bunch of flashy signings or trades (Hartwell/Price/Horn) we are going for solid depth (minus Turner, but our OC begged for him, and we needed a Dunn replacement).

da snowman (3/29/2008)
not sure on why you have us selecting 2 corners in this draft, but i like the rest of your mock..

i know i didnt even realize myself that i had 2 cbs in the first 4 rounds. one of the reasons is even though godfrey would be a 4th rder but the falcnons 6th pick. also, you need 3 good corners, or at least pretty good corners in todays nfl with all the passing. also, he might be the best open field/special teams tackler in the draft, which means he will have an immediate impact.

Woodson will be worse then that big wind up Sandwich, sorry I mean Leftwich or however you spell his name and that thing we eat between two pieces of bread.

This guy will eat himself out of the league. Someone might take a flyer in the 3rd or 4th round though.

i dont understand why there are so many haters on woodson..i see it like this, i would rather take a chance on woodson in the 3rd round than taking a chance on matt ryan who has alot of negatives against him. a third rounder for a good QB out of the sec would be great for us. sit him for a year and groom him, i dont know by whom rather it be redman or joey..just the thought of any young QB being groomed by either chris or joey just gives me the creeps.

Everyone hates on woodson, But he's a better prospect than both henne and flacco, who alot of people here love..

Flacco- This guy is hyped more than Matt Ryan...If it wasnt for his measurables, we wouldnt know his name...He's never played any decent competition, there are doubts if he has the intelligence to transition to the pro game, what has he done to be ranked so high???

Henne- This guy is ok, but he has folded under pressure so many times....He had a great supporting cast these last couple years but still looked only average...I'll admit at the senior bowl he looked solid, but If u look at thier entire seasons, he's not better than woodson.

Woodson-People usually try and compare him to Leftwich, their releases are totally different, Woodson played against good competiton in the SEC and put up good numbers with very little talent around him, He lead his team to victory against the National champs, Though his throwing motion needs a little work, I think he's the 3rd best QB behind only Brohm and Ryan..

Honestly, what reason is there to say woodson sucks, then say u want either flacco or henne?? If the only reason u have is comparing him to Leftwich, u obviously dont know what your talking about, and havent seen him play. Woodson in the 3rd would be the greatest thing that could happen to this team!

stumpjumper (3/29/2008)
Woodson's release is actually faster than Leftwhich on the positive side.
ALOT faster.U have to HOPE Leftwich gets the ball out of his hand.not with Woodson.Look at his highlights on the homepage and look at another QB.Their release times are about the same,his just has a awkward movement before he releases it.

I like that move. Personally, I like Andre Woodson the best of all the QB's. I think that someone will take him in round 2 and get a player that has a lot of skill that could become a big time player for a number of years. If we take the gamble and he falls to us in round 3, sweet move. I just see a number of teams needing a QB and looking at Woodson's physical attributes and what he did on the field, I don't see how a team like Detroit or Tampa Bay could pass on him in round 2.

isproab (3/30/2008)
I like that move. Personally, I like Andre Woodson the best of all the QB's. I think that someone will take him in round 2 and get a player that has a lot of skill that could become a big time player for a number of years. If we take the gamble and he falls to us in round 3, sweet move. I just see a number of teams needing a QB and looking at Woodson's physical attributes and what he did on the field, I don't see how a team like Detroit or Tampa Bay could pass on him in round 2.
You never wait on a QB to fall. That's not how you build a winner.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (3/29/2008)
Everyone hates on woodson, But he's a better prospect than both henne and flacco, who alot of people here love..

Flacco- This guy is hyped more than Matt Ryan...If it wasnt for his measurables, we wouldnt know his name...He's never played any decent competition, there are doubts if he has the intelligence to transition to the pro game, what has he done to be ranked so high???

Henne- This guy is ok, but he has folded under pressure so many times....He had a great supporting cast these last couple years but still looked only average...I'll admit at the senior bowl he looked solid, but If u look at thier entire seasons, he's not better than woodson.

Woodson-People usually try and compare him to Leftwich, their releases are totally different, Woodson played against good competiton in the SEC and put up good numbers with very little talent around him, He lead his team to victory against the National champs, Though his throwing motion needs a little work, I think he's the 3rd best QB behind only Brohm and Ryan..

Honestly, what reason is there to say woodson sucks, then say u want either flacco or henne?? If the only reason u have is comparing him to Leftwich, u obviously dont know what your talking about, and havent seen him play. Woodson in the 3rd would be the greatest thing that could happen to this team!

Just b/c he played against better competition doesn't automatically mean he is gonna be all-pro.

Tim Couch played against the same lever of competition at UK and we see how that turned out.

And the fact you said Henne folded under pressure shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Go look at his #'s then try to tell me he's "average"

Matthew Pritts (3/30/2008)
If TD drafts Woodson he needs to be fired on the spot.

I'm not in the business of picking busts at the most important position on the field, and that's what Woodson is.

Woodson might have a faster release then satchel page leftwich,:P, but his mechanics are bad, and he would definatly  be sitting for awhile. Nope. Their going to get someone they can get in shape faster. ;)

wow you people are so negative. its a 3rd round pick, not the 3rd pick in the entire draft like it would be if they draft ryan! jesus people thier not banking the franchise on him! they take him with thier 3rd round pick, sit him for a year, analyze him in practice, film, and in spots he gets in in regular and pre-seson games, and decide whether or not hes good enough and has developed the way you had hoped when you draft him.

in the meantime you have glen dorsey, instantly the best player on the entire team(besides vick of course) and 3 second round picks that become instant starters that they drafted before they even got woodson.

i think with a year of working on his mechanics his release will be better/quicker and once he fixes that weakness he will be an unbelievable player. i think redman is good enough to not deter the development of the other players on offense next season, which is good enough for me. they dont need to do anything drastic this year like drafting ryan with the 3rd overall pick when they are 2-3 years away from being a good overall team no matter who the qb is!

wow. i dont even live in atlanta and im schooling you people.

First Ethan I LOVE the pic of the TT swin team! Hot! Second While Woodson did some good things, I still think that Henne would come in and help us quicker. BUT I'm not an expert. I agree with another post, we may not have to draft qb this yr, though I would like to. With the right line alot of guys look great, so to me that is just as important, if not more. Redman is serviceable for atleast this year.

www.HOMETEAMAPPAREL.com