DRAFT HISTORY QUESTION

kjv315

Has there ever been a draft where a QB wasn't taken in the first round at all? I ask because there are a lot of people who have stated this draft class is nothing to drool over and really only has one first round QB with all of the overhyping of workout numbers and team "needs." If Matt Ryan weren't in this year's draft, could we have seen no QB selected in the 1st round??

kjv315 (3/29/2008)
Has there ever been a draft where a QB wasn't taken in the first round at all? I ask because there are a lot of people who have stated this draft class is nothing to drool over and really only has one first round QB with all of the overhypingof workout numbers and team "needs." If Matt Ryan weren't in this year's draft, could we have seen no QB selected in the 1st round??

That would be interesting to find out... there's gotta be at least one draft with no QBs taken in the 1st round.

Personally I think this QB class is nothing special, except for Brian Brohm who seems to be the best QB prospect to come out in a few years IMO. And if Ryan weren't in this years draft then Brohm would still get taken in the 1st, because Ryan's media hype is really the only reason Brohm isn't a top 5 pick. Ryan might be a good game manager for a short-intermediate passing offense, but he'll struggle in a deep scheme, as many of his picks were from the deep ball. But IMO Brohm will be a franchise QB.

DrDetecto (3/29/2008)
kjv315 (3/29/2008)
Has there ever been a draft where a QB wasn't taken in the first round at all? I ask because there are a lot of people who have stated this draft class is nothing to drool over and really only has one first round QB with all of the overhypingof workout numbers and team "needs." If Matt Ryan weren't in this year's draft, could we have seen no QB selected in the 1st round??

That would be interesting to find out... there's gotta be at least one draft with no QBs taken in the 1st round.

Personally I think this QB class is nothing special, except for Brian Brohm who seems to be the best QB prospect to come out in a few years IMO. And if Ryan weren't in this years draft then Brohm would still get taken in the 1st, because Ryan's media hype is really the only reason Brohm isn't a top 5 pick. Ryan might be a good game manager for a short-intermediate passing offense, but he'll struggle in a deep scheme, as many of his picks were from the deep ball. But IMO Brohm will be a franchise QB.

I like Brohm as well and could see him starting in the league for many years. It just seems like this draft is huge on lineman on both sides of the ball, which is great, but a big change from past years.