Best Gaming Franchises of All-Time?

Demetrius Dew (3/29/2008)
Call of Duty maybe, I really loved Call of Duty 4 or even NCAA Football.

I didn't include it because I didn't think many would say that if CoD4 didn't come out. One game shouldn't affect the decision when it's a franchise decision.

You could say "Other" though if you did like the CoD games overall.

Half of the franchises are relatively new (Halo, PGR, GH) and/or don't really qualify as much of a franchise (Max Payne, SOCOM). It's kinda hard to pick a franchise as best of all time if it hasn't even had a chance to withstand the test of time.

I think I have to go Mario here. Back in the day my Aunt (grandmother's sister) had a Nintendo and Super Mario 3, that's how widespread the appeal was and probably still is. EVERYONE knows Mario and most everyone has played a Mario game and the name is still chugging along.

womfalcs3 (3/29/2008)
Demetrius Dew (3/29/2008)
Call of Duty maybe, I really loved Call of Duty 4 or even NCAA Football.

I didn't include it because I didn't think many would say that if CoD4 didn't come out. One game shouldn't affect the decision when it's a franchise decision.

You could say "Other" though if you did like the CoD games overall.

COD4 is the best, but all of them were great. Except maybe 3.

btrain5489 (3/29/2008)
Half of the franchises are relatively new (Halo, PGR, GH) and/or don't really qualify as much of a franchise (Max Payne, SOCOM). It's kinda hard to pick a franchise as best of all time if it hasn't even had a chance to withstand the test of time.

I think I have to go Mario here. Back in the day my Aunt (grandmother's sister) had a Nintendo and Super Mario 3, that's how widespread the appeal was and probably still is. EVERYONE knows Mario and most everyone has played a Mario game and the name is still chugging along.

Most of the existing popular franchises are relatively new. I think the poll has a good variation between old and new (Relatively old as mainstream gaming itself is relatively new.).

Ethanga62890 (3/30/2008)
nuccah (3/29/2008)
I didn't think this was a question.. Final Fantasy.
Because FF is the most overrated game of all time and is cut scenes for hours and any game where it goes you hit me then i hit you is #####ing ********.

Pretty much have to agree with you there.

As to the question of the thread, I would have to say Zelda. Those games were better than Mario in my opinion on every incarnation Nintendo. I may enjoy playing some of the newer franchises now, but overall, in the past two decades, Zelda is the best franchise.

Ethanga62890 (3/30/2008)
nuccah (3/29/2008)
I didn't think this was a question.. Final Fantasy.
Because FF is the most overrated game of all time and is cut scenes for hours and any game where it goes you hit me then i hit you is #####ing ********.
lol I said the same thing before I read this.My sister used to play it and I was like WTF?they take turns hitting each other.I can sit here for an hour and he can't hit me till I hit him back.

It has to be Mario. It has been around forever and has had a large variety of hit titles.

There are a bunch of franchises that have had some good games, but none that have been around long enough to challenge Mario.

I think that franchises like final fantasy and GTA are cool, but the thing is that they are all kind of the same after awhile. Mainly because there is only so many times you can reinvent a game. Mario has been expanded to so many things that nobody else even comes close.