ANOTHER STEP TOWARDS GREATNESS... YEA PROBABLY SO!

Tha MAN!

Good Morning or good afternoon...its 10am(baghdad time) over here... I'm posting my 2nd ideal scenario but this one has a trade in it... Well with no further delays, lets get it on! lol...

Trade 3rd overall pick to Dallas for the 22nd, 28th,92nd(3rd round) and next yrs 3rd rd pick.

Reason...Once the Rams take OT Jake long off the board and we aren't ready to risk using the 3rd overall pick on an Injury plagued Dorsey, who doctors red flagged at the combine(for a valid reason) nor an over hyped Ryan in a weak QB class... After we try unsuccessfully to deal the pick to Detroit and Denver (if we could've get a trade with either of the 2 we'd take Clady, Williams or the best CB avalible), we turn to the McFadden hungry Cowboys...

22. OL Branden Albert... We snag a highly talented, versatile and legit Offensive lineman.

28. CB Antoine Cason... We get an Extremely productive and much needed athletic corner, a proven commodity. He's the Jim Thorpe Award winner for top DB of the Year, and if you've ever seen him play you know he's worth it. If the first 4yrs his pro career resembles his college first for years, we'd all be saying D-hall WHO??? And given the scheme Mike Smith going to run, he'll have every opportunity.

34. DT Pat Sims... A true stud, he will fill a major need of ours at D-line. He will provided the run stuffing presence that we desperately need. At the least he'll be apart of our rotation, but he should develop into a every down beast.

37. ILB Jerod Mayo... Here is a very good and versatile linebacker, he's a sideline to sideline player. He is a first round talent who's' for some reason very underrated. Personally I would pick him before lofton and Conner... I can really see him taking over for brooking in the middle, Moving brooking back outside. All he needs is an opportunity, he's a true player... boley, mayo, brooking!

48. QB Chad Henne... Some things don't change, I have the falcons taking him on my first scenario and I have him on this one as well... I'm not sure you can call him a sleeper because of the exposure Michigan gets but he's being over looked a lot. He has the experience and leadership we need, along with the skill set. He's a complete QB, and I can easily see him being the best QB out of this draft when its all said and done...

68. OL Oniel Cousins... Versatile lineman who played tackle in college, has the size and athleticism to play guard in the pros. He could blossom into a starter but needs better foot work and strength. He would be a heck of a reserve player until he's ready to take that step.

92. DE Chris Ellis... We really need a 3rd DE and this is the guy. He doesn't have to play every down just passing situations. Other than Abraham we have no threat to rush the QB, Chris Ellis is a hustler who'll give everything he got and that's exactly what we need.

99. SS Craig Steltz... Yea, Yea I know he runs a 4.6, so what. He's A football player not an overhyped track star. He backed up and split time with My fav safety from last year Laron Landry, and he still managed over 80 tackles and 5ints... In his first full yr as a starter 101 tackles and 6ints... The biggest knock on him is his Pass coverage, um... he's not lining up at corner, he's a pretty darn good zone guy with some man to man skills... And if you have the ball run the other way because he'll bust yo A$$! I'll put it like this it'll hard for lawyer milloy to keep him off the field, barring no set backs(injurys or whatever) he should be starting by mid season... No bust Guaranteed!

129 WR/ KR Dexter Jackson... I want to put Kellen Davis here so soo bad but this pick is for the fan base and All the people who have season ticket holders. Now I believe Kellen Davis will turn some heads given the opportunity, but Dexter Jackson will knock ya socks off... He's going to bring back the excitement and thrill that we missed since Vick left. He's an exceptional kick returner, who's going to make the highlight reels pretty often while he's in the league.

In the 6th & 7th round we should draft the Best value DT and TE, Not necessarily in that order but whichever position has the best available player that's what we should pick...

This is my ideal Draft Scenario and if this is to happen it will in deed be A STEP TOWARDS GREATNESS!!!

@ Legion...

Of course we haven't traded down the draft isn't here yet... IF you would've read you would've noticed i said if jake long is off the board then we would trade down... And Pipe dreams? ur ignorant, so u tellin me that if this actually happened that you wouldn't be happy??? Next time, just say NO!

Tha MAN! (3/29/2008)
@ Legion...

Of course we haven't traded down the draft isn't here yet... IF you would've read you would've noticed i said if jake long is off the board then we would trade down... And Pipe dreams? ur ignorant, so u tellin me that if this actually happened that you wouldn't be happy??? Next time, just say NO!

I wouldn't mind trading down, but not for some of those picks. Dorsey has had injuries, but he's NEVER missed at game at LSU. NFL Scouts are quoted as saying his injuries are nonexistent at this point after his pro-day workout anyway. If Long is gone, we could still, and probably would take Dorsey. Jerry Jones has already said the Cowboys won't be trading up into the top 5, but of course, it's predraft talk so take it with a grain of salt. It also looks like Henne won't fall into the second round the way talks are going, much less mid-way through the second round. I think Brohm COULD be there with the way Henne's stock is rising, I'm not even a Henne fan though.

I love the idea of trading down. More 1st day talent at a fraction of the cost of a 3rd overall pick.

The big flaw is Jerry saying he wouldn't trade into the top 5. Too expensive.

But like others have said, pre-Draft talk, smoke and mirrors, and this is Jerry Jones we are talking about here. The Problem Child trying to sell me "Lemon" Ice comes to mind.

When Jerry Jones startes making absolute declarative statements to the media

f4304b65-0c57-4c96-9e90-343c.jpg

I don't know about the exact players that you listed, but I like the positions.

I ain't convinced that this trade is just a pipe dream yet. Longshot maybe, but it could still go down.