The Falcons D will bring fear in opponents Next year

You remember back when the Tampa Bay sucs had that defense their superbowl year. Well our D next year can be just as sick if not sicker. Drafting Glenn Dorsey who is built like Warren Sapp. Drafting a safety who can hit hard like John Lynch. We have a rusher by the name John who reminds me of Simeon Rice in his prime. Micheal Boley will be great in this league and feared like a young Derrick Brooks. Chris Houston is a young corner who is going step up. This draft can have ppl loving the Falcons D like back in 1990

I totally agree with you except I don't think that it will be next year that we will be the feared defense that the bucs have.  I think it will take 2 to 3 years because of the second corner and the safety issues that will arise over the next year or so.

after next year we will need to replace lawyer milloy and that won't be easy and we still have to see how the free safety position pans out.

then we have to think about the linebacker positions.  We don't have a middle linebacker and we will have to replace brooking too.  So we have two linebacker positions to fill with top quality guys.

I am very optimistic about the future of the defense and I think we will be in the top 15 of the league this year if the draft goes well.

Darius Davis (3/28/2008)
You remember back when the Tampa Bay sucs had that defense their superbowl year. Well our D next year can be just as sick if not sicker. Drafting Glenn Dorsey who is built like Warren Sapp. Drafting a safety who can hit hard like John Lynch. We have a rusher by the name John who reminds me of Simeon Rice in his prime. Micheal Boley will be great in this league and feared like a young Derrick Brooks. Chris Houston is a young corner who is going step up. This draft can have ppl loving the Falcons D like back in 1990

This is also why I want us to draft Glenn Dorsey.

wauchope (3/28/2008)
I'd love it if our first 3 picks were Glenn Dorsey, Jerod Mayo, and Pat Sims.

Gritz Blitz Part Deux.

Front 7 would be:

Anderson - Dorsey - Sims - Abe

Brooking - Mayo - Boley

Nasty.

you forget trey lewis WHen he's healthy hes gonna be a monster NT

trubirdfan4life (3/28/2008)
I totally agree with you except I don't think that it will be next year that we will be the feared defense that the bucs have. I think it will take 2 to 3 years because of the second corner and the safety issues that will arise over the next year or so.

after next year we will need to replace lawyer milloy and that won't be easy and we still have to see how the free safety position pans out.

then we have to think about the linebacker positions. We don't have a middle linebacker and we will have to replace brooking too. So we have two linebacker positions to fill with top quality guys.

I am very optimistic about the future of the defense and I think we will be in the top 15 of the league this year if the draft goes well.

I really think we see Jimmy Williams move over to that 2nd corner spot. Why else would they sign Coleman?

Grab Zibkowski to hang out behind Milloy on the depth chart.

Brooking's replacement is already on the roster- Stephen Nicholas. I look for that middle linebacker spot to be filled in Round 2 of this years draft.

malk2.0 (3/28/2008)
wauchope (3/28/2008)
I'd love it if our first 3 picks were Glenn Dorsey, Jerod Mayo, and Pat Sims.

Gritz Blitz Part Deux.

Front 7 would be:

Anderson - Dorsey - Sims - Abe

Brooking - Mayo - Boley

Nasty.

you forget trey lewis WHen he's healthy hes gonna be a monster NT

Absolutely didn't forget about Lewis. But isn't he looking at midseason for a return now?

We have to get rid of lawyer milloy, todd mcclure, todd weiner, brian finneran, joe horn, keith brooking. not because they cant play but because we have young talent (stone, harris, williams, gaddis) at safety alone. we have a very young team. i have more patience with a bad young team than a bad old team, that holds back the youth from valuable experience.  this will be our only year to say we're rebuilding. what better time to play some of these young players both on def and off. on off line youth wont be as bad when their job is to use that size to be physical and win in the trenches..We have real nfl coaches they can coach them up.

jammbuckets (3/28/2008)
We have to get rid of lawyer milloy, todd mcclure, todd weiner, brian finneran, joe horn, keith brooking. not because they cant play but because we have young talent (stone, harris, williams, gaddis) at safety alone. we have a very young team. i have more patience with a bad young team than a bad old team, that holds back the youth from valuable experience.  this will be our only year to say we're rebuilding. what better time to play some of these young players both on def and off. on off line youth wont be as bad when their job is to use that size to be physical and win in the trenches..We have real nfl coaches they can coach them up.

I agree.

jammbuckets (3/28/2008)
We have to get rid of lawyer milloy, todd mcclure, todd weiner, brian finneran, joe horn, keith brooking. not because they cant play but because we have young talent (stone, harris, williams, gaddis) at safety alone. we have a very young team.

OK MR. COACH, WHO DO YOU HAVE TO BACK THESE GUYS UP? YOUNG PLAYERS ARE LIKE YOUNG FANS ....... THEY THINK THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEY REALLY DO.:D

I can resolve the safety issues in this draft.

DeJaun Morgan FS/SS - 6-1 - 200 - NCSU

Ivan Diggs FS/SS/OLB - 6-1 - 200 - FVSU

I can speak for Morgan like I can for Diggs. Diggs is a player that loves to hit. He would be a nice pick because he also return Kicks and punts. These two guys will give us two guys that can swap positions which will make it hard for the QB to get a good read. Plus Ivan can play nickel LB.

Darius Davis (3/28/2008)

I think your right but I have to ask you a question. What year do you really mean about our defense because 1990 was Jerry Glanville's first year when we went black? We also went 5-11. We did well the next year but more on offe3nse than defense. Rememeber the good ol run and shoot. I used to love that offense. Chris Miller, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison, Micheal Haynes and Prichard and so on......

LOL LOL LOL LOL .........  Kids these days......

First of all, yall have no defensive line.  Coleman is a has been.  Abraham is a groin injury waiting to happen.  Anderson is weak and slow.  He wouldn't even make the roster on any other team.  The rest of your line are nobodys. You'll have no pass rush whatsoever and no push up front to stuff the run.  Brooking couldn't tackle a girl scout.  He's weak.  Very weak the last couple years.  He may grab somebody from behind after he gets ran over but thats about it.  Demorrio williams can get blocked by a wideout.  He's weak.  You have no cornerbacks whatsoever.  You have no safeties.  The only thing you have is Boley.  Boley is a good player but he deserves better. I hope he gets traded to a real team. You guys may win 5 games if your lucky.

tom Baldwin (3/29/2008)
LOL LOL LOL LOL......... Kids these days......

First of all, yall have no defensive line. Coleman is a has been. Abraham is a groin injury waiting to happen. Anderson is weak and slow. He wouldn't even make the roster on any other team. The rest of your line are nobodys. You'll have no pass rush whatsoever and no push up front to stuff the run. Brooking couldn't tackle a girl scout. He's weak. Very weak the last couple years. He may grab somebody from behind after he gets ran over but thats about it. Demorrio williams can get blocked by a wideout. He's weak. You have no cornerbacks whatsoever. You have no safeties. The only thing you have is Boley. Boley is a good player but he deserves better. I hope he gets traded to a real team. You guys may win 5 games if your lucky.

awful lot of names mentioned in this post that arent on the team anymore...

:w00t:

great post...

tom Baldwin (3/29/2008)
LOL LOL LOL LOL......... Kids these days......

First of all, yall have no defensive line. Coleman is a has been. Abraham is a groin injury waiting to happen. Anderson is weak and slow. He wouldn't even make the roster on any other team. The rest of your line are nobodys. You'll have no pass rush whatsoever and no push up front to stuff the run. Brooking couldn't tackle a girl scout. He's weak. Very weak the last couple years. He may grab somebody from behind after he gets ran over but thats about it. Demorrio williams can get blocked by a wideout. He's weak. You have no cornerbacks whatsoever. You have no safeties. The only thing you have is Boley. Boley is a good player but he deserves better. I hope he gets traded to a real team. You guys may win 5 games if your lucky.

Hey, Princess, go play Barbie's somewhere else.

Ok here what the Falcons have now  THIS IS NOT A DEPTH CHART  just who is at each position  green just signed, yellow 07 IR, Blue RFA

LDE

98 // J Anderson

S. Fraser

Willie Evans

NT

R. Moore

Tim Anderson

96 // M Stanley

Trey Lewis

UT

95 // J Babineaux

K. Moorehead

David Patterson

RDE

55 // J Abraham

92 // C Davis

99 // D Jones

BLB

59 // M Boley

Cameron Vaughan

MLB

56 // K Brooking

53 // T Taylor

45 // T Williams

WLB

54 // S Nicholas

Earl Everett

LCB

43 // B Grimes

30 // D Irons

RCB

23 // C Houston

Von Hutchins

SS

36 // L Milloy

39 // D Stone

41 // A Harris

FS

24 // J Williams

Erik Coleman

CJ Gaddis

Questions, DE looks set,  but DT -------

1. Can Babs start all 16 games, all the DTs being tauted as draft possiblities fit this position best.  (and yes I know they may not use the NT, UT format this year)

2. Lewis, he will not be ready at the beginning of the season so does he hold a roster slot until he is ready, is he put on the unable to perform list, or is he put on IR for the season.  THEN WHO gets this slot

3. Linebackers DEPTH is needed here and either 08 or 09 a MLB is needed

4. Corners I think between Grimes Irons and Hutchins the second corner will be OK this year.  J Williams at corner again  ????

5 Safetys  Ok for 08 but need to consider a replacement for Milloy soon, can Stone do it? If J. Williams is moved back to corner then E. Coleman will need help.

those are all just hopes.

we hope jimmy williams can fill in at corner.

we hope these young guys that mcKay drafted will pan out.

they haven't done a whole lot so far.

if they were truly talented they would have been on the field already.

just like boley.  they just couldn't keep him off of the field.

all of the backups we had last year didn't even make a big splash on special teams.

I think we have good young players but none of them have shown any promise to be great players or probowl talent in the waiting.

we will HAVE to get new players that can't be kept on the sidelines because they make plays.

jammbuckets (3/28/2008)

I agree to a certain point BUT I don't think we just cut them and send them packing all at once.  We need some experience on the team to help shape the youth movement at this time and maybe over the next season or two we start phasing those players out when their contributions cannot be effective anymore.  We know that we'll have further holes to fill in the FA period and next year's draft so we can't try to fix everything all at once.  I agree that we have some good coaches on staff but those coaches are on the sidelines and when this young blood is on the field, those with experience can also help mentor them and help them learn to be in the right places and make the proper adjustments on the fly. 

Darius Davis (3/28/2008)
NEVER STOPED LOVING THEM JUST COULDNT TAKE HOME TO MEAT THE FOLKS!

Darius Davis (3/28/2008)

Man what A great thread!

But you forget we have coach Kiffin, And thats not something you can just pick up off the street...

By the way last year our Defense was top 3 in the Nfl. You should still fear it!:D