Any advice?

Scott24Falcs (3/28/2008)
The Gulch is a great place to tailgate, or atleast it used to be.

For a lot of pre-game entertainment, you should check out Falcon's Landing.  All kinds of booths, music, food, games, etc. there.

SCOTT IS RIGHT. ALSO, DON'T WAIT TILL GAMEDAY. COME CASE THE SURROUNDINGS OUT. THIS WAY ON GAME DAY YOU WON'T BE IN THE DARK. YOU'LL KNOW WHAT STREETS ARE ONE WAY, WHAT STREETS LEED WHERE. THAT SORT OF THING. DO THIS AND ON GAMEDAY YOU WON'T FEEL LOST. THE PRE-SEASON GAMES WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD PICTURE OF IT ALL. BUT DON'T WAIT TILL THEN ..... COME ON DOWN AND CHECK IT OUT.:):)

You'll probably get the opportunity to buy a parking pass for one of the lots near the stadium.  The term 'near' isn't really that accurate, but they are within a reasonable walking distance to the GA Dome. Take into account that this stadium was built in a downtown area, and was basically sandwiched in where they could make the room:  nice, clean, well lighted parking lots next to the stadium were not logistically feasible in the downtown location.  The lots are somewhat dingy and not well lit at night, and can be pretty tough getting out of after games (remember you're in downtown near the junction of 3 major interstates....)

I've been parking in the A lots (there is a smaller and larger A lot).  These are separated by some railroad tracks: one set of tracks is inactive, but another is still used by the railroad system.  The A lots are called "the gulch", which is a decent place to tailgate, compared to others.  You might also consider parking in a MARTA lot and taking the train in: less expensive than the lot parking pass and you avoid traffic downtown.  Just thought I'd pass on a bit of information from someone who has only been a STH for one season so far.  You can check the Dome Field Advantage and Tailgating Central forums for additional commentary on the ride in, parking, and the overall game-day experience. 

Enjoy and welcome to the Falcons!

NewFalcon (3/28/2008)
You'll probably get the opportunity to buy a parking pass for one of the lots near the stadium.  The term 'near' isn't really that accurate, but they are within a reasonable walking distance to the GA Dome. Take into account that this stadium was built in a downtown area, and was basically sandwiched in where they could make the room:  nice, clean, well lighted parking lots next to the stadium were not logistically feasible in the downtown location.  The lots are somewhat dingy and not well lit at night, and can be pretty tough getting out of after games (remember you're in downtown near the junction of 3 major interstates....)

I've been parking in the A lots (there is a smaller and larger A lot, separated by some railroad tracks: one set of tracks is inactive, but another is still used by the railroad system.  The A lots are called "the gulch", which is a decent place to tailgate, compared to others.  You might also consider parking in a MARTA lot and taking the train in: less expensive than the lot parking pass and you avoid traffic downtown.  Just thought I'd pass on a bit of information from someone who has only been a STH for one season so far.

Yeah, I park in the smaller lot A.  I've parked there for 8 years, and it gets harder to get out of there each year.  The trick is getting there early, and backing into a spot near the exit.  When you pull into that lot, immediately on your left is some sort of government building.  If you can manage to get into one of the 20 or so parking spots in there, you're in great shape.

Also leave your tailgate spot a little early because it takes a while to get into the dome now due to pat downs. I tailgate in parking lot B off of marieta street. It's actually Phillips Arena's parking and follow everyone through the Marta entrance and it's about a 5 min. walk. It's also under the parking deck so no matter the weather you'll be comfortable. The deck's about 30 to 40 feet above so you're not enclosed in at all. The area packs out every week. You can pull up a map and off of Marietta Street ( I can't remember the name but I think it's like Park ave or something like that). The road is between Phillips Arena and The World Congress Center and there are signs in plain view.  You cross some railroad tracks and end up going under a big parking deck along side the railroad tracks. Parking lot A is uncovered and Parking lot B is to the left covered. I normally walk through Parking lot A because they always have games set up and stuff. Anyway hopefullynthat will help you. Your going to have a blast this year. I absolutely love it. Get down there at least between 9 and 10am. We get down there around 8:30 and don't have too much to contend with but it starts filling up around 10am.

Thanks everyone.  Yall have no idea how excited I am about this season.  My sister goes to Georgia Tech so I think I'll park over there and ride the MARTA to the dome.  I did that the only time I went to the dome for the MNF game vs New Orleans last year and that worked just fine.  Maybe I'll see some of yall tailgating this year.  Absolutely cannot wait.