Josh Johnson = Steve Young?

Curufin

When you fall back down to earth, let me know.  :P  Only kidding, but I do like Josh Johnson.  It's natural instinct for people to automatically assume that because he's black, he's just a scrambler.  That isn't the case.  He's been very-well coached.  His mechanics are sound.  And, his legs provide another obstacle the defense must overcome.  The more I read on him, the more I'm impressed.  I don't care what teams he's playing against, 44 TDs to 1 INT, is amazing.

Scott24Falcs (3/28/2008)
When you fall back down to earth, let me know.  :P  Only kidding, but I do like Josh Johnson.  It's natural instinct for people to automatically assume that because he's black, he's just a scrambler.  That isn't the case.  He's been very-well coached.  His mechanics are sound.  And, his legs provide another obstacle the defense must overcome.  The more I read on him, the more I'm impressed.  I don't care what teams he's playing against, 44 TDs to 1 INT, is amazing.

You can't even do that in backyard games.

Of course I said ABSOLUTE highest...as in, he lives up to and exceeds his potential...

Actually, this thought got going when I kept seeing Johnson get compared to guys like Cunningham or Garrard...players that are nothing like him but are automatically lumped with them cause they're black.

I know he's not a scrambler, Young wasn't truly a scrambler either. I just found it cool how both shared pretty much the same attributes...

Curufin (3/28/2008)
Of course I said ABSOLUTE highest...as in, he lives up to and exceeds his potential...

Actually, this thought got going when I kept seeing Johnson get compared to guys like Cunningham or Garrard...players that are nothing like him but are automatically lumped with them cause they're black.

I know he's not a scrambler, Young wasn't truly a scrambler either. I just found it cool how both shared pretty much the same attributes...

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to bash you or anything of the sort.  When I said that people instantly think because he's black, he's a scrambler, I was talking about people as a whole, not you.  ;)

Anyways, if we were to do the unthinkable, and wait until the 3rd round to draft a QB, Johnson would be the guy I'd want.

Scott24Falcs (3/28/2008)

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to bash you or anything of the sort. When I said that people instantly think because he's black, he's a scrambler, I was talking about people as a whole, not you. ;)

Anyways, if we were to do the unthinkable, and wait until the 3rd round to draft a QB, Johnson would be the guy I'd want.

Same. His arm strength does concern me though...

grendel (3/28/2008)
Scott24Falcs (3/28/2008)
When you fall back down to earth, let me know. :P Only kidding, but I do like Josh Johnson. It's natural instinct for people to automatically assume that because he's black, he's just a scrambler. That isn't the case. He's been very-well coached. His mechanics are sound. And, his legs provide another obstacle the defense must overcome. The more I read on him, the more I'm impressed. I don't care what teams he's playing against, 44 TDs to 1 INT, is amazing.

Are you saying Steve Young was only a scrambler and not a good passer? :w00t:

No, my post was commenting on Josh Johnson solely.

BillyWitchDoctor (3/28/2008)
Scott24Falcs (3/28/2008)
When you fall back down to earth, let me know. :P Only kidding, but I do like Josh Johnson. It's natural instinct for people to automatically assume that because he's black, he's just a scrambler. That isn't the case. He's been very-well coached. His mechanics are sound. And, his legs provide another obstacle the defense must overcome. The more I read on him, the more I'm impressed. I don't care what teams he's playing against, 44 TDs to 1 INT, is amazing.

You can't even do that in backyard games.

Unfortunately, that is true.

I like Josh Johnson a lot.

There's a good interview with him up on my site:

http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/

Josh really impressed me at the Shrine Game. He was the best player on the field. I wanted him to look good, but he played really well. He needs work, but you have to love a kid with talent and athletic ability.

There is also an interview with another small school QB, Ryan O'Hara. We asked him some goofy questions and the kid gave us some hilarious answers.

ge99 (3/28/2008)
I like Josh Johnson a lot.

There's a good interview with him up on my site:

http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/

Josh really impressed me at the Shrine Game. He was the best player on the field. I wanted him to look good, but he played really well. He needs work, but you have to love a kid with talent and athletic ability.

There is also an interview with another small school QB, Ryan O'Hara. We asked him some goofy questions and the kid gave us some hilarious answers.

He sounds like a good kid from the interview. Hopefully we take a long, hard look at drafting him.