Dorsey may not make it to the #3 pick now.

Josh Affonso (3/28/2008)
[

Yes, but you forgot that Carriker can be moved outside, which is undoubtably what they will do. So, there is a big difference there because we do not have any DE's that can be moved inside with any sucess.

Dude, Chris Long can play anywhere on the line. Some of you seem to think that linemen only play one position their entirely lives and a three foot deviation will cause them to catch fire or something.

Carter (3/28/2008)

Same here... which is why I've relegated myself to being content if we do end up taking him. He may not be worth the #3 overall pick as a LT, but it's not like he wouldn't make us a lot better on the o-line.... even if he does end up moving, he'll be better than anyone we already have.

Same here. I think there are better options for us, but I also believe that he's the next Jon Runyan. I can certainly live with that if it happens.

jidady (3/29/2008)
Dude, Chris Long can play anywhere on the line. Some of you seem to think that linemen only play one position their entirely lives and a three foot deviation will cause them to catch fire or something.

I've been thinking the same thing reading a lot of these comments.  Chris Long is a guy who can dominate from any position on the defensive line. 

Virginia moved him around CONSTANTLY on the d-line and even stood him up at LB on a few occassions.  QBs very openly admitted that their #1 priority with each snap was identifying where Chris Long was lined up. 

Why would you complain with a player like that on your team?  We may not have a strict need for a DE, but Chris Long isn't your average DE either.  He can take over a game.

Carter (3/29/2008)

Chris Longis a guy who can dominate from any position on the defensive line.

QBs very openly admitted that their #1 priority with each snap was identifying where Chris Long was lined up.

He can take over a game.

If we draft a defensive guy I want someone who forces the offense to game plan for, and with Long's versatility it makes it that much harder to game plan for him. The more I think about Chris Long and what he could do for our defense the more I would LOVE to get him with the #3 overall pick.

DrDetecto (3/29/2008)
Carter (3/29/2008)

Chris Longis a guy who can dominate from any position on the defensive line.

QBs very openly admitted that their #1 priority with each snap was identifying where Chris Long was lined up.

He can take over a game.

If we draft a defensive guy I want someone who forces the offense to game plan for, and with Long's versatility it makes it that much harder to game plan for him. The more I think about Chris Long and what he could do for our defense the more I would LOVE to get him with the #3 overall pick.

Amen, brother