Brohm and Henne will NOT be available in the 2nd round!!!

Rev_Hal

For all of the people that speak as if they were and expert - where do you get your information from?

Everything I have read in the past few weeks regarding QB's in the draft point to a similar conclusion - Ryan, Brohm, and Henne will all not make it out of the first round. There are several teams with HUGE needs at QB (including the Falcons), and many of the team sites and draft boards are saying that, in their opinion, teams that need a QB are going to take them early with the top 3-4 prospects.

Also, Brohm and Henne have been moving up on everyone's draft board (I am speaking of the journalists and experts coving the college talent this year). Ryan is still seen as the best QB available, But Brohm and Henne are rising fast. Do not be surprised to see the Ravens, Bears, Vikings, Chiefs, and Dolphins take a QB (maybe not all 5 teams in the 1st, but each team could potentially take a QB in round 1).

If the Dolphins take Ryan at #1, then there could possibly be a "run" on the QB's in the middle of the 1st round. The bottom line is that the 3 best QB are VERY UNLIKELY to make it into the 2nd round.

That leaves us with Flacco or Woodson, which I would be fine with either pick. But if the Falcons do not take a QB in round 1, don't expect them to get Brohm or Henne. They will be employed by then.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ryan gets picked first, Brohm may very well be the pick of the Ravens at 8. I don't see any other teams in the first who have quarterback as their top need (with the possible exception of the Bears, but they'll probably go RB). If Ryan isn't picked first, then I think he probably goes to the Ravens at 8 and then Brohm falls into the bottom half of the first round, where teams who need a quarterback will start trying to move up to grab him. I could see Henne going at the top of the second round, but am not convinced that any team would move up into the first round especially for the purpose of selecting him. I'm not convinced that he is substantially better than any of the other "second tier" QB's...

I don't understand how people think Brohm will make it out of the 1st either.  They think we can get him in the second? Yeah right.

But I do think Henne will drop into the second round, teams that want QB's have bigger needs to fill and can wait until the 2nd to get their QB.

formul8or (3/28/2008)
I don't understand how people think Brohm will make it out of the 1st either.  They think we can get him in the second? Yeah right.

But I do think Henne will drop into the second round, teams that want QB's have bigger needs to fill and can wait until the 2nd to get their QB.

IF the Doplhin don't take Ryan at #1, and IF Henne gets out of the first, I don't see the Dolphins passing on him. I still don't think he would get to us.

teams usually address their more important needs first and i dont know what your talking about saying brohm and henne in the first round. if you look at most mock drafts they some have brohm going but henne isn't going into the first. yea he could be potentially rising in the 2nd round but not the first. the ravens need an offensive lineman to replace ogden and give there line more power or they will pick matt ryan, the chiefs desperately need an offensive lineman, the vikings need a pass rusher for DE because Udeze will be out for the season and nobody is a quality starter, the dolphins need a DE to provide pressure and they will most likely select Chris Long because Bill Parcells usually drafts defense and jason taylor is almost done, and the bears resigned rex grossman for them to get an offensive lineman because their running game was very low and the quarterback had too much pressure on him. There you go every single factor.

formul8or (3/28/2008)

I have Brohm in my mock below at #34 but have changed my tune as of late.  I think Brohm is destined to go "in the teens" and here are the potential selectors of Brian Brohm's talent:

#13-Carolina (Jake Delhomme is not the answer)

#14-Chicago (Rex "GROSS-man" - 'nuff said)

#17-Minnesota (Tavarious Jackson experiment is officially over)

#20-Tampa (Tampa only has 6 QB's on roster - Jeff Garcia is 54yrs old)

Hopefully Matt Ryan falls to Ravens at #8......once pick #12 happens - look alive Brohm could go anywhere.....Falcons need to "trade back" from #3 and select Brohm by pick #11 or #12....

Rev, for the fist time I think I have to respectfully disagree with you. If the Dolphins and Falcons pass on Henne will be available in the 2nd. I think the value on the board, at whatever pick will dictate that. Example, is Ryan worth a 1st or 3rd Pick? Is Brohm worth a top 10 pick?  It is te Draft any crazier things have happened such as Quinn sliding to the Late first round.

g-dawg (3/28/2008)
formul8or (3/28/2008)
I don't understand how people think Brohm will make it out of the 1st either. They think we can get him in the second? Yeah right.

I have Brohm in my mock below at #34 but have changed my tune as of late. I think Brohm is destined to go "in the teens" and here are the potential selectors of Brian Brohm's talent:

#13-Carolina (Jake Delhomme is not the answer)

#14-Chicago (Rex "GROSS-man" - 'nuff said)

#17-Minnesota (Tavarious Jackson experiment is officially over)

#20-Tampa (Tampa only has 6 QB's on roster - Jeff Garcia is 54yrs old)

Hopefully Matt Ryan falls to Ravens at #8......once pick #12 happens - look alive Brohm could go anywhere.....Falcons need to "trade back" from #3 and select Brohm by pick #11 or #12....

Carolina/CHi will go rb

Minnesota is going to go DE or WR

and Tampa is going defense they have 5 QBS on the roster

I've come to the conclusion that by the time April 26 arrives, Brian Brohm will likely be the consensus top pick for quarterback.  I am convinced that if the Falcons want a top grade quarterback they either pick Brohm with the #3 pick or forget it altogether.  Picking another player (Hall or Dorsey, for examples) and then trying to acquire another first-round pick for Brohm - or even Ryan - will (if we are lucky) fail, or come at so high a price as to severely damage the Falcons draft.  I'm confident that moving high enough in the first-round to acquire Brohm would cost at the minimum all of the Falcons' three second-round picks - a deal that is, to me, totally unacceptable.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Falcons will have an easier time acquiring a good lineman later in the draft or in free agency than they ever will later acquiring a good quarterback.  Falcons:  ignore what the draft pundits say, bite the bullet, and pick Brohm with the #3 pick - it'll be the right thing to do.

I hope we ignore QB completely.  For a while there I wanted to see us use one of our second round picks on a QB but I've changed my mind.  We could use maybe a 4th rounder but ignore the position until then.  An OT, DT, LB, CB, and OG with our first 5 picks will improve our team this season.  A QB will do absolutely nothing for our team this season.  We get a year for all of those draft prospects to develop and see what we have with Redman.  If we have nothing, we have a hole at QB to fill next season.  If we have something, we wouldn't have wasted a pick on a QB that's not going to see the field and we will have one less hole to fill next season.

I could see Brohm going to the Panthers, Bears, or even the Packers in the 1st round.... but I think Henne will be there in the second...  how long...  I don't know...  depends on who takes a QB in the 1st.  Then you also have to consider that a team may trade back up into the 1st or early second round if the QB they covet is still on the board.

If the Falcons pick Brohm at 3 it would be the bigggest mistake this franchise has ever made.

If we are that love in Brohm we trade down and we trade down to somebody looking for McFadden..Brohm will be around from anywhere between13-22...He can be had there..

We dont need to overvalue his worth right now he is the 2nd rated QB in a below avg QB class..You roll the dice by trading down you dont and BY ALL MEANS ROLL THE DICE AND PICK BROHM AT 3

That will only show me TD doesnt have a clue in what he is doing

I don't know about Henne, but i'd bet anything that Brohm will not even come close to making it out of the first. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Regarding Henne, I get the impression teams like Flacco better. I could be wrong. I believe Flacco will be a first rounder.

-panthers have delhomme and carr

-bears need their OL beefed up very bad

-packers already have used a 1st round pick to select aaron rodgers.

-ravens have to get their OL beefed up because tehy need a replacement for ogden and depth.

-dolphins need a pass rusher and will need one cause taylor is almost done, parcells usually picks defense

-vikings desperately need a DE to provide pressure and replace Udeze for the 08 season.

2nd round

-dolphins might pick up brohm but lets hope they get a LB to replace Zach Thomas

there :D

nawlinsaintfan (3/28/2008)
I could see Brohm going to the Panthers, Bears, or even the Packers in the 1st round.... but I think Henne will be there in the second... how long... I don't know... depends on who takes a QB in the 1st. Then you also have to consider that a team may trade back up into the 1st or early second round if the QB they covet is still on the board.

Panthers and Bears are going RB ..I see Car drafting Rashard Mendenhall and Chi drafting Jonathan Stewart

swiftkick (3/28/2008)
I think Brohm will slide like Quinn did ...espcially if Baltimore goes corner ..

So 2 out of the 3 QBS will last to the 2nd

Brohm-most likely first rounder- somebody will trade up for him

That leaves Miami picking either Flacco or Henne

Quinn did slide.  He was suppose to be a top 5 pick.  Brohm isn't.  Maybe if he had came out last season, he would have been.

Guys,  when was the last time there was a run on QB's in the bottom of the first round?

The last one I remember was the Manning/Rivers/Big Ben draft and everyone of those guys had a first round grade AND were projected to go in the first round.... HIGH in the first round.... and they all went in the top half of the first...

None of the QB's in this draft are show-stoppers and only one has a consenus first round grade... and there's a big debate about if he's a top 10 or top 15 type of player.

Every year almost half of the teams in the league need a "franchise" QB...  Why are you thinking that there will be a run in the middle of the first round THIS year as opposed to every other year? 

Sun Tzu 7 (3/28/2008)
Guys, when was the last time there was a run on QB's in the bottom of the first round?

The last one I remember was the Manning/Rivers/Big Ben draft and everyone of those guys had a first round grade AND were projected to go in the first round.... HIGH in the first round.... and they all went in the top half of the first...

None of the QB's in this draft are show-stoppers and only one has a consenus first round grade... and there's a big debate about if he's a top 10 or top 15 type of player.

Every year almost half of the teams in the league need a "franchise" QB... Whyare youthinking that there will be a run in the middle of the first round THIS year as opposed to every other year?

he is very true people. look at the teams needs too. most of them dont desperately need QB's as much as other positions

Sun Tzu 7 (3/28/2008)
Guys,  when was the last time there was a run on QB's in the bottom of the first round?

Every year almost half of the teams in the league need a "franchise" QB...  Why are you thinking that there will be a run in the middle of the first round THIS year as opposed to every other year? 

Wait, first you ask when the last time was that thier was a run on QB's in the late first and then you bring up the top 3 QB's in 2004. That's not the same thing. Are you asking when was the last time there were 3 QB's drafted in the first round? That would be 2006. Last year the third QB only lasted until pick 36.