the preacher stuff! lol!

Dhug

so news day about the politician's and their pastors.

so it appears that Clinton's former paster recently just sentenced to 3 years in prison for touching little girls. doh!

but here is the funny(not really) part.

Sean Hannity....the most outspoken talking head in regards to the Obama/Wright connection.....he made himself look silly again. See, Hannity was a big Rudy supporter. Guiliani was Hannity's man......Sean even headlined a fundraiser event for the man. Well it turns out that Rudy has very close ties to a pastor named Placa. Turns out this pastors had had some serious problems when it comes to touching little boys. the church has not kicked him out and he works for Rudy.

doh! way to go Hannity!!

Steve_Bartkowski (3/27/2008)

So Hannity is guilty because Rudy's pastor did this? That's a bit of a stretch...

So is claiming that Obama is a racist because his Pastor made a couple of questionable statements taking out of context but that hasn't stopped folks now has it?

octoslash (3/27/2008)
OMFG:hehe:

LMAO:laugh:

Not even Obama himself has attempted to claim that old man Wright's comments were "taken out of context".:crazy:

(has he?) :unsure:

Careful now..You know you cannot speak negative of "he who walks on water with a big tax purse"..

Dhug (3/27/2008)

so it appears that Clinton's former paster recently just sentenced to 3 years in prison for touching little girls. doh!

Sean Hannity....the most outspoken talking head in regards to the Obama/Wright connection.....he made himself look silly again. See, Hannity was a big Rudy supporter. Guiliani was Hannity's man......Sean even headlined a fundraiser event for the man. Well it turns out that Rudy has very close ties to a pastor named Placa. Turns out this pastors had had some serious problems when it comes to touching little boys. the church has not kicked him out and he works for Rudy.

doh! way to go Hannity!!

Yeah, and that's not all.

Hannity also does commercials for Ruth's Chris Steak House.  What do they sell?  Beef, of course.  And where does beef come from?  Why, cattle, obviously.  And where do cattle live?  On ranches and farms? 

JUST LIKE SLAVES USED TO.

If this does not ruin Hannity's career, I don't know what will.

Anansi (3/27/2008)

So Hannity is guilty because Rudy's pastor did this? That's a bit of a stretch...

So is claiming that Obama is a racist because his Pastor made a couple of questionable statements taking out of context but that hasn't stopped folks now has it?

1. The comments were more than questionable.

2. It's the whole vision of the church that is the bigger problem.

3. Do we really want to go there again?

1. Not if you know the scripture he was coming out of and listened to the whole sermon.

2. The vision of the church is one that is shared by the denomination they are in the United Church of Christ a denomination that was founded by white men in 1957 and is still predominately white. Their theological doctrine and vision is close to Presbyterians. Do some research Steve and stop just eating whatever is spoon fed to you by the media, you are a better man than that Mike.

3. No not really to be honest I'm sick of the whole thing.

octoslash (3/27/2008)
OMFG:hehe:

LMAO:laugh:

Not even Obama himself has attempted to claim that old man Wright's comments were "taken out of context".:crazy:

(has he?) :unsure:

Not all were, but he was taken out of context big time on the 911 sermon.

I guess saying something like the goverment made aids to kill blacks is worse than touching unappropriately little boys and girls.

deathdawg (3/27/2008)
Not all were, but he was taken out of context big time on the 911 sermon.

Yeah that's the sermon I listened too, and once you read the Bible text it was coming from and then hear the whole sermon the statements where questionable but no where near as bad as it was made out to be by the media.

dozer (3/27/2008)
Did Hannity give $27,000.00 to his pastor, just like Obama gave to his?

Did Obama give it to the church or to the Pastor. Big difference, over the years I have given thousands of dollars to my church. It's called tithes and offering, it's a pretty normal thing.

Anansi (3/27/2008)

2. The vision of the church is one that is shared by the denomination they are in the United Church of Christ a denomination that was founded by white men in 1957 and is still predominately white. Their theological doctrine and vision is close to Presbyterians. Do some research Steve and stop just eating whatever is spoon fed to you by the media, you are a better man than that Mike.

I did do some research:

From the Trinity United Website:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something that "Black Power and Black Theology" says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community. . . . Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hal_Cone

And:

which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hal_Cone

It's based on systematized liberation theology, not James Cone's book. His book started the theology and like all theology it evolves over time. You know as well as I do that your smarter than this either you are trying to play me like I'm dumb or you are acting like your dumb one or the either and neither is cute.

The church's website says their vision is based on James Cone's book. I believe them.

No the church website says

The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

Now since you want to play like your slow I will break it down for you and then my community service for the day is over. Their vision is based on Systematized Liberation Theology. That theology started in 1969 when the book by James Cone came out. It doesn't say that their vision is based on his book, it says it's based on a theology that started after his book came out. Dude I'm a Theology major, so I'm pretty familiar with theology and how it starts and evolves.

Dhug (3/27/2008)

doh! way to go Hannity!!

Guilty?

No...it's just funny that Hannity ranted on and on about how Obama is whatever Wright is.........and now if we apply the same logic to who was his candidate of choice, it means that Hannity wanted the next president to be a child molester! haha

way to go Hannity! we love ya..

1. The comments were more than questionable.

as questionable as molesting little boys?

I agree...the constant cover ups of child molestation for decades is the biggest problem.

3. Do we really want to go there again?

no...we don't.....Rudy is already out, so there really isn't too much of a need to discuss how he supports child molesters.

dozer (3/27/2008)
Did Hannity give $27,000.00 to his pastor, just like Obama gave to his?

who dunno............even if he hasn't it doesn't change the fact that he supported Rudy who supported and still supports a boy toucher.

dozer (3/27/2008)
good point, here's another one - Hannity is not running for President

Why should running for president be a requirement for acting like a decent, civilized human being? People like Hannity and Coulter and O'Reilly (and Michael Moore) should be held to account for their words, especially when they are caught in flagrant hypocrisies.

dozer (3/27/2008)

Hannity is not running for prez....you are correct.....not sure why that would matter.

I think maybe the point went over your head.

Rudy G was running for prez and he was Hannity's choice. Hannity supported a candidate that had a close relationship with a preacher who liked to touch boys.

Dhug (3/27/2008)

doh! way to go Hannity!!

Souphead, is that you ???

the evil emperor (3/27/2008)
Dhug (3/27/2008)

doh! way to go Hannity!!

Souphead, is that you ???

Uh......what?

Don't think so?

Dhug (3/27/2008)
dozer (3/27/2008)

Hannity is not running for prez....you are correct.....not sure why that would matter.

Rudy G was running for prez and he was Hannity's choice. Hannity supported a candidate that had a close relationship with a preacher who liked to touch boys.

Over MY head, that's rich

I'm not defending Hannity, Giuliani or their preachers' actions. I hate pedafiles as well & would never defend their sick behavior

My point is that the only current presidential canidate whose preacher is offensive is Obama's

dozer (3/27/2008)
Dhug (3/27/2008)
dozer (3/27/2008)

I'm not defending Hannity, Giuliani or their preachers' actions. I hate pedafiles as well & would never defend their sick behavior

My point is that the only current presidential canidate whose preacher is offensive is Obama's

"current" doesn't matter......"current" doesn't change Hannity's history or hypocrisy.

Dhug (3/27/2008)
dozer (3/27/2008)
Dhug (3/27/2008)
dozer (3/27/2008)

"current" doesn't matter......"current" doesn't change Hannity's history or hypocrisy.

Maybe its just me but I care alot more about "current" presidential canidates than some blow hard on Fox News & his preacher or an ex-canidate

But be my guest keep bashing on Hannity, I could care less. It's just not relevant to me or the presidential race

dozer (3/27/2008)
Dhug (3/27/2008)
dozer (3/27/2008)
Dhug (3/27/2008)
dozer (3/27/2008)

Maybe its just me but I care alot more about "current" presidential canidates than some blow hard on Fox News & his preacher or an ex-canidate

But be my guest keep bashing on Hannity, I could care less. It's just not relevant to me or the presidential race

what makes it relevant is that it points out that we shouldn't always charge people guilty by association.