Schefter said... blah blah blah McFadden

Nerdy Bird

Schefter said it was unlikely that Cowboys will trade up to get McFadden but if they did it would likely be for both of their firsts and their second. TD needs to get this trade happening. The only likely top five team to draft Mcfadden will be Oakland at number four. We are pretty much set to draft Dorsey they say, so what would be better? Dorsey or an extra first and second round pick?

Getting the extra picks because of the amount of holes to fill is a good thing.  The world won't end if we don't get Dorsey or Ellis as there's quite a few decent DTs in this draft and with a trade we could actually get a couple of decent ones in addition to filling holes on the OL and getting a QB. 

If we trade with Dallas we'll more than likely be able to get Brohm along with a top-flight left tackle in the first round.  Then if we have FOUR 2nd round picks, get a couple of DTs, a LB and another OL in the second round.

I would see us drafting Brohm with the 1st 1st round, then we have our choice of DL, OL, CB, and whatever else.  I think even though the value chart doesn't work out, it would be a great move to have that many picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  You get quality players that won't break the bank...then again, who knows what will happen in 2011 with the salary cap.  Then we would be able to sign all those guys to bigger contracts if we want.

Dallas would have to give up too much to move up that many spots in the first round.  I think a trade with NYJ is a lot easier to pull off.  They would only have to give us their #6 and #36 in exchange for #3.  Or Oakland, they could give us the #4 and their 3rd round pick.  Hopefully both NYJ and Oak really really want McFadden

formul8or (3/27/2008)
Blank needs to take JJ out to dinner and get a few drinks in him. Then we can trade a third round pick for both of Dallas' firsts.

Hahaha! Maybe he should have done that to Al Davis too, we would have gotten their 1st round pick for D-Hall!!!:D

ki45toryu (3/27/2008)
Even if we get all these picks...we will end up jockeying around with them, like moving up a few spots in a round or something to secure a liked player.

No I dont think so. TD is running the draft now, not McKay. This will be a very good draft for us

snicker (3/27/2008)
Dallas would have to give up too much to move up that many spots in the first round. I thinka trade with NYJ is a lot easier to pull off. They would only have to give us their #6 and #36 in exchange for #3. Or Oakland, they could give us the #4 and their 3rd round pick. Hopefully both NYJ and Oak really really want McFadden

Oak doesnt have the $ to trade with a the #4th and a third is not enough

formul8or (3/27/2008)
Blank needs to take JJ out to dinner and get a few drinks in him. Then we can trade a third round pick for both of Dallas' firsts.

If only it would be that simple.

Jerry Jones is as shrewd as they come. He makes Bill Clinton look like an amateur !!!

He will find a way to land McFadden..............and LAND HIM he will.

formul8or (3/27/2008)
I also don't see this realistically happening. I want it to, but no it's too much for them to give up.

actually according to "the chart" its not too much for them to give up

IF and I mean IF we get their 2 firsts, AND their second

that gives us 2 firsts, FOUR second round picks, and the very real possibility of two 2 3rd round picks........

That gives us so many many options in terms of trades and just good position to get the players we covet to build the team around.

has there ever been a team with EIGHT first day picks???