T.I to plea @1:30 today.

Eddie Jewell

Rapper T.I. to Plead Guilty Today

Posted By: Tracey Christensen

Last Modified: 3/27/2008 10:26:54 AM

ATLANTA -- Rapper T.I., also known as Clifford Harris, will enter a federal courtroom in Atlanta at 1:30 p.m. Thursday and plead guilty to federal weapons charges, 11Alive.com has confirmed.

Harris, who previously pleaded not guilty in the case, is expected to face a judge and admit guilt at the change of plea hearing inside the Richard B. Russell Federal Building. A crowd is expected inside the courtroom and long security lines are being anticipated outside the building.

The plea deal is not yet finalized, but Harris is expected to receive a sentence of 12 months in prison and 1,500 hours of community service.

In October, a federal grand jury indicted Harris on three charges: possessing unregistered machine guns and silencers, unlawfully possessing machine guns, and being a convicted felon in possession of firearms. Investigators say Harris asked his bodyguard to buy machine guns and silencers for him. Other guns were allegedly found in Harris' College Park home.

Harris was freed on a $3 million bond and confined to house arrest in Henry County. He was allowed out of his home to attend Easter Services at the Georgia Dome. Harris took the stage and spoke about his purpose for observing Easter.

"We're here to celebrate the death of our Lord and Savior," Harris said. "He was willing to give his life for us so that we may ask for forgiveness for our sins and be forgiven and saved...no matter how many times we have to ask...or how long it takes to get it right."

What did he preach about? Do you know? Were you there? Can you tell if he was genuine or not?

Haters like you cannot command a kindergarten let alone a arena of fans. For that matter any son you wrote would only go plastic. Hate on hater. your thug clique loves you. ;)

judas yeast (3/27/2008)
lol at this fool preachin on easter

jpepp4prez (3/27/2008)
I just think it's odd he picked the Georgia Dome to attend Easter. PR move maybe?

Maybe, however considering that New Birth is the most well known church and half of Atlanta either goes there or World Changers it's no shock that he went to New Birth.  Most of the stars in Atlanta go there for Easter anyway.  Plus they have a great Easter service, I'm not a member of that church and even I go for their Easter services.

Anansi (3/27/2008)
jpepp4prez (3/27/2008)
I just think it's odd he picked the Georgia Dome to attend Easter. PR move maybe?

Maybe, however considering that New Birth is the most well known church and half of Atlanta either goes there or World Changers it's no shock that he went to New Birth.  Most of the stars in Atlanta go there for Easter anyway.  Plus they have a great Easter service, I'm not a member of that church and even I go for their Easter services.

Thanks for the clarification, I truely hope he wasn't there just for the good PR.

I never said he conducted the sermon but ramblin on about jesus and forgiveness seemed pretty funny :D I didn't realize people were so supportive of this great role model (convicted felon.) I'm glad you guys have someone to look up to! If only more crooks went platinum... the world would be a better place!

jpepp4prez (3/27/2008)

Thanks for the clarification, I truely hope he wasn't there just for the good PR.

It was in the AJC that prior Thursday that he had been granted permission from the judge to attend Easter services.  So it probably wouldn't matter where he went to church, the papers would still cover it regardless.

judas yeast (3/27/2008)
I never said he conducted the sermon but ramblin on about jesus and forgiveness seemed pretty funny :D I didn't realize people were so supportive of this great role model (convicted felon.) I'm glad you guys have someone to look up to! If only more crooks went platinum... the world would be a better place!

No one said we look up to him, somethings never change with you Judas huh? You keep it up and I'm going to call JCITOW on you.

STFU YOU GOT OWNED.

OWNED.gif

judas yeast (3/27/2008)

Rapper T.I. pleads guilty to firearms charges

Faces about 1 year in prison, long community service

By BILL RANKIN

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/27/08

Atlanta rapper T.I. today pleaded guilty to multiple weapons charges in federal court in Atlanta.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris Jr., entered his plea shortly after 1:30 p.m. When he is sentenced at a later date, Harris faces about a year of prison time.

image_6867291.jpg
AJC
T.I.

RELATED:

" Photos: Guns in the case

" T.I. falls hard and fast

" Timeline leading to arrest

" Read complaint (PDF)

" Explainer: The weapons

ENTERTAINMENT LINKS:

" Photos: T.I. performances

" T.I.'s Easter

Harris, dressed in a gray suit at the hearing, is expected to agree to spend a great deal of time on community service speaking to youth groups across the country.

Harris would face stiff prison time several years in prison if he finds himself in trouble with the law again, according to a person familiar with negotiations.

Harris was indicted in October on weapons charges that include illegally possessing three machine guns and two silencers and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Federal prosecutors and Harris' defense team have been engaged in intense plea negotiations the past several weeks. The plea agreement must be approved by a federal judge. The case has been assigned to U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pannell Jr., who presided over today's plea.

Harris was arrested in a sting in a Midtown parking lot on Oct. 13 as he allegedly tried to buy the weapons just hours before he was to receive two top awards at the BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta.

Harris, one of the world's most popular rappers, is confined to his home under $3 million bond.

Harris and Atlantic Records provided the cash to cover two-thirds of the bond and the balance was secured by Harris' posh Clayton County property. He has been living there with his girlfriend and his children.

A federal magistrate recently gave Harris permission to attend Easter service. Harris and his family were among thousands who went to the Georgia Dome, where New Birth Missionary Baptist Church held its annual worship extravaganza.

Before his arrest in October, Harris had a litany of dealings with law enforcement dating back to 1997 that placed him either in jail or under arrest. These include a crack cocaine distribution conviction, giving false names to police, skipped court dates, probation violations and illegal weapons charges.

When he was arrested by federal agents, Harris was found with marijuana. He told agents the marijuana was his and that he smoked it to get ready for the BET awards show, Assistant U.S. Attorney Todd Alley said during an October bond hearing.

In an affidavit accompanying Harris' charges, Jason Stricklin, a Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco and Explosives special agent, said one of Harris' bodyguards cooperated with authorities in the rapper's arrest. The bodyguard, whose name has not been disclosed, told agents he illegally bought nine firearms for Harris since he began working for him in July 2007. In these "straw" purchases, Harris fronted his bodyguard thousands of dollars for the weapons, the agent's affidavits said.

Because Harris was convicted of drug distribution in June 1998 in Cobb County, his felony record prevents him from legally making gun purchases himself.

On four different occasions, Stricklin's affidavit said, Harris gave his bodyguard cash to buy firearms. The bodyguard told authorities that in September he delivered a 9 mm pistol to Harris, who invited the bodyguard into his bedroom, where he saw a large walk-in safe that contained multiple short rifles, according to the affidavit.

In October, hours before the BET awards ceremony, the bodyguard met Harris at a pre-arranged meeting place in Midtown and handed over the three machine guns and two silencers, the affidavit said. At that time, the bodyguard was wearing a hidden wire and cooperating with federal agents.

When Harris was told about one of the silencers, he said, "no flash, no bang," and later asked for the "change leftover" from the $12,000 he had given the bodyguard for the weapons, the affidavit said.

Harris was then arrested, without incident, by federal agents in the Midtown parking lot.

Staff writer Jamie Gumbrecht contributed to this article.

I could stop you from digging in the trash can for your next meal, but I hate to see you start turning tricks. :w00t:

savwboy savwboy (3/27/2008)
Eddie Jewell (3/27/2008)
Owned.gif

and owned

Dont you have something better to do? I do not know,like go and raid a pizzahut or Taco Bell? Talking about haters..:w00t: