Clemson OLine recruit Kenneth Page Flaunting a wad of cash

NCFalconfan

mr pickle (3/27/2008)
That's his "scholarship" money, conveniently furnished by the Clemson boosters, instead of wading through the red tape of the financial aid department.

no you see clemson fans on their boards have already spun this.. it's not booster money, it's instead drug money.. because that saves their program..

A pretty stupid move by Page. It doesn't matter where he got it from as every single person is going to assume it's from Clemson anyways. Well, at least he isn't out getting arrested. iI guess every time someone commits to Clemson now, there will be plenty of replies about this incident.

Some say it's photoshopped, but it's an amazing job if so. I don't think it is photoshopped at all. The guy probably just saved it in photoshop.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa...533506&tstart=0

Here's the story Ryan Bartow (Clemson rivals admin) posted earlier.

Talked to both Kenneth Page and his head coach Robin Bacon this morning.

Here's the story from them.

Kenneth was recently out in California as one of five finalists for the Alfred M. Watkins Memorial Scholarship. Both his father and mother came along and both have relatives that live in California. They got to see one of his uncles right before he passed away a week later. They also got to see his great uncle on his father's side of the family. This uncle is a very, very wealthy man. He owns nine ATMs and realized two were empty and low were very low. So they went to the bank that morning to get money to fill them up with. Kenneth said he had never seen that much money before so he took a picture with it. He wants to reassure everyone that yes, he didn't take a single cent or keep a single cent of it.

Someone copied this picture off of Page's facebook and tried to spin it into something that it wasn't.

Bacon added this - "It is a shame when people want to tear down a kid who is a good Christian kid and a great role-model for other student-athletes, but that is the society we unfortunately live in today."

Cris and I don't expect to make any further comment on this.

gamecocknfire (3/27/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/27/2008)
Remember what I was trying to show you Sac....

after you got off messenger last night I was able to pull it up and saw it..

Oh ok....you dont know how bad I hate Clemson fans though.

i hear you.. the clemson fans on the national boards and the tigerillustrated boards are just horrible. Our lone clemson fan (Clem) is one of the best clemson fans I know. There is a story now that is out there from clemson fans about this regarding him and his family actually filling up a few atms that were empty for a departed relative.

well clemum082 just posted that email. however a note to those this was on kenneth's own page that he put up himself or someone who handles his site put up.. this was not a photoshop item IMO. especially now that he is explaining the picture.. if it was photoshop no need to explain it.

by the way I call that's bullcrap regarding his explanation. this from someone who actually worked at a bank and handled the atms:

Worked for banks for 15 years. That stuff isn't taken casually. You DO NOT open the secured bags with money until you are in the secured area. For stand alone units, you just exchange locked canisters with the empty ones. Money is never loose.

So i called my wife who was at a bank actually and she asked if that was plausible and the bank manager said that makes no sense, you would not fill up an atm in that manner.

stumpjumper (3/27/2008)
Well, if he played at Ohio State, we'd know the truth already :D

well the explanation was a joke and it was hilarious. Just some comments from other boards:

Okay then, if his uncle owns these ATM's and made these withdrawals (as they were obviously over $10,000 in cash) then (as I have stated before) a CTR, Currency Transaction Report was filled out by his bank (paper trail). Since I work in the banking industry and have customers that own ATM's as well, tell me, why doesn't he have an armored car service do all that for him (since he is very wealthy and can afford it)? All the one's I have dealt with in the past had a contract with an armored car company because THEY DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE ALL THIS CASH ON THEM TO FILL THEIR ATM'S UP! You mean to tell me, that he goes and puts the money HIMSELF into the ATM machines? RIDICULOUS. If Robin Bacon told that story, well, he is an idiot. I don't believe this story AT ALL.

Since this is his uncle's bank account, he (the uncle) could go to the bank that the transaction was made, and request a copy of the withdrawal receipt (if he doesn't already have that) and he could request a copy of the CTR. CTR's have been around since the Patriot Act was enacted, its supposed to help to catch people that might be laundering money or terrorism (anybody who does a $10,000 withdrawal/deposit with cash will have one filled out on them, some companies are exempt from this as they bring in large deposits each day). If this is legit, he should be able to get these items from the day this withdrawal was made. Myself, I don't believe this story from Mr. Bacon and Kenneth Page one bit.

As a former banker, ATM machines are stocked by approved agencies (such as an armored car agency)or other bonded companies that have enough insurance and know how to do this on a regular basis. I am old enough and have had enough discusions on this board to know and understand that Clemson knows how to cheat. They do it well and do not get caught. This is total crap and anyone who believes this ATM story is an idiot. The original poster, who indicates Tiger Illustrated in his signature, just lost a bunch of credibility. He should go on an attend the annual Goat Show (as opposed to Boat Show), that will soon be held at the Garrison Arena.

Sounds like Kenny did something wrong.....

But really I mean no news comes out of Clemson about their troubles. Most of their stuff gets covered up or no punishment occurs. Not to long ago, I dont remember the names, got DUIs and they basically got a slap on the wrist at Clemson. If we do something wrong we get an ear full plus more from Clemson fans, but when they do something wrong, we cant say nothing.

Sounds like Kenny did something wrong.....

But really I mean no news comes out of Clemson about their troubles. Most of their stuff gets covered up or no punishment occurs. Not to long ago, I dont remember the names, got DUIs and they basically got a slap on the wrist at Clemson. If we do something wrong we get an ear full plus more from Clemson fans, but when they do something wrong, we cant say nothing.

It was Courtney Vincent, and he received a fair amount of media coverage. He is currently suspended (last I checked). I know some Clemson fans like to say we recruit better quality kids than South Carolina, which is crap since we often go head to head for recruits. There's just less trouble to get into at Clemson than in Columbia. I try not to talk smack when other colleges have kids arrested because any group of 85+ college age males is going to have a few legal troubles. However, I couldn't help but laugh at this, and the rival fans who are convinced Tommy Bowden has the CUPD and the Clemson police in his pocket.