WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT ELLIS?

TGeezy

I agree, some say he's better than Dorsey, but I haven't seen that proven. 

Ellis was a medically redshirted freshman and missed a few games with injuries.  Dorsey had a freak chop block and still played and dominated through it in the SEC.  Ellis did good against what competition?

This isn't to say I don't like Ellis, he is easily top 10 and the second best DT, but better than Big Glenn? Puuuhhh-lease.

Dorsey- 6-1½ and 297 pounds, 5.13 and 5.15 in the 40, did 27 reps in the bench press and had a vertical leap of 25½ inches.

Ellis- 6 ½ and 309 pounds, 5.24 in the 40, did 34 reps in the bench press and I'm not sure about his vertical.

Ellis had a good Senior Bowl but I think Dorsey had a better college career in general.  They both had college injuries but I'd still take Dorsey over Ellis.

He is very stout at the point of attack, won't give up ground to the OL on running downs and he uses his hands very well to keep the lineman away from him. Has a very fast first step and is an excellent pass rusher. I have Ellis and Dorsey ranked the same, not even 1a and 1b. It's just 1.

We will all be very happy if we draft either one of them.

formul8or (3/27/2008)

Ellis was a medically redshirted freshman and missed a few games with injuries.  Dorsey had a freak chop block and still played and dominated through it in the SEC.  Ellis did good against what competition?

This isn't to say I don't like Ellis, he is easily top 10 and the second best DT, but better than Big Glenn? Puuuhhh-lease.

well i once asked the same question about dorsey, because against major opponents i havent seen him walk lineman to the backfield like grady, when you say dominate i was expecting to see grady duplicated in college but then people said he wasnt healthy and that he was **** to deal with before the chop block.now i have seen ellis go full bore and i was impressed at that senior bowl.

itsslomotionbaby (3/27/2008)
formul8or (3/27/2008)

Ellis was a medically redshirted freshman and missed a few games with injuries. Dorsey had a freak chop block and still played and dominated through it in the SEC. Ellis did good against what competition?

well i once asked the same question about dorsey, because against major opponents i havent seen him walk lineman to the backfield like grady, when you say dominate i was expecting to see grady duplicated in college but then people said he wasnt healthy and that he was **** to deal with before the chop block.now i have seen ellis go full bore and i was impressed at that senior bowl.

He busted through Ohio State's #1 ranked o-line. Gaining two sacks and I think even two forced fumbles.

I first noticed him during the USC-ND game when he put one of the hardest hits on Brady Quinn. He gets double teamed constantly, and still breaks through.

I think he sold himself on his Senior Bowl game play. Nobody on the offensive line could hold him back, and he was double and triple teamed. As soon as the ball was snapped, he was already getting in the back field. I wouldn't mind taking Ellis or Dorsey.