GBN's mock smacks of reality

etherdome

We all toy around with our mocks.  We push and pull them to fit our needs.....it's only human.  I like to scheme ways for us to trade down and add second rounders, but that never seems to happen in reality.   However, GBNreport.com's most recent mock is probably the most realistic I have seen.

The mock has one major "reach" in imagination:  Brohm falls into the second round.  Brohm is far too NFL ready to fall into the second round. Brohm is probably higher on some draft boards than Ryan.  I think that we can all bank on Brohm being selected in the first round.  

The mock has us taking: Glenn Dorsey, Joe Flacco and Anthony Collins in the first two rounds. I don't know what to say about the Flacco pick.  He seems overhyped to me, but Mularkey might view him as a young Big Ben.  The Dorsey and Collins picks make a lot of sense.  Both players are good prospects that would probably start as rookies. 

I would be OK with this outcome.  We fill two dire needs with quality prospects and we also address the future of the QB position.  I would guess that the interior OL, as well as defensive needs, could be taken care of in later rounds.   

Flacco scares me because of the level he played at and his lack of experience under center. If we pick a QB there I like Henne and Brohm if they are there. Flacco does have upside so I could live with it. I really love the picks of Dorsey and Collins.

I'd like that draft.  I'm not too sure about Anthony Collins just yet, but I hear good things about him.

As far as Flacco, is he over-hyped?  Absolutely.  But, I think he does have some really nice things going for him.  And I think he has the potential to be a very good QB someday.  As of now, I'd take him with our last second, probably no earlier.

.A-TowN. (3/27/2008)
Would be happy with it.

Maybe someone else besides Flacco

You left out the other 2nd round pick.

37 Atlanta Tracy Porter CB Indiana

Overall, it's a good draft, and I would be happy, but not ecstatic with it.

I'd prefer Henne over Flacco (but can understand the Big Ben comparisons from the OC) and I would definitely prefer Nicks over Collins (that's the biggest gripe I would have).

Robb4242 (3/27/2008)
.A-TowN. (3/27/2008)
Would be happy with it.

Maybe someone else besides Flacco

You left out the other 2nd round pick.

37 Atlanta Tracy Porter CB Indiana

Overall, it's a good draft, and I would be happy, but not ecstatic with it.

I'd prefer Henne over Flacco (but can understand the Big Ben comparisons from the OC) and I would definitely prefer Nicks over Collins (that's the biggest gripe I would have).

Thanks  Robb.