With the #8 Overall Pick in the NFL Draft, The Baltimore Ravens Select..

nuccah

Pick with the most votes between now and tomorrow at this time is selected.

Lets start it up.

1Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB Virginia
2Rams - Jake Long, OT Michigan
3Falcons - Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
4Raiders - Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
5Chiefs - Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
6Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB Ohio State
7Patriots - Leodis McKelvin, CB-RS Troy
8Ravens - On The Clock
9Bengals
10Saints
11Bills
12Broncos
13Panthers
14Bears
15Lions
16Cardinals
17Vikings
18Texans
19Eagles
20Buccaneers
21Redskins
22Cowboys
23Steelers
24Titans
25Seahawks
26Jaguars
27Chargers
28Cowboys
2949ers
30Packers
31Giants

This choice is about as tough as the Chiefs, Brohm & DRC are the two major needs at QB & CB respectively, but are they worth top 10 picks?

I'm going DRC, seems like his attitude and skillset would be a major fit for that Ravens defense.

Brian (3/27/2008)
Ehh if Odgen retires they are OT. They took Odgen early, they will take his replacement early.

They already have Ogden't replacement - Jared Gaither. From what I've heard, McKelvin seems to be the guy they are looking at. Since I think the Patriots will get him, I'm going DRC.

I have a question about Gaither, from what I've read he seems to be very solid but I'd like some more info on him. What do you guys think of him? Is he going to be a good LT in the league? Or is he a RT? Any info appreciated! Thanks in advance.

BillyWitchDoctor (3/27/2008)
I have a question about Gaither, from what I've read he seems to be very solid but I'd like some more info on him. What do you guys think of him? Is he going to be a good LT in the league? Or is he a RT? Any info appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Well, he started LT most of the year while Ogden was hurt and did pretty well. He is a true LT from what I can tell. Despite his size, he seems to have good footwork.

I know that isn't the best scouting report, but that's based off the few times I've seen him play.

i said ryan clady. i think they will try and move down to #13 or #14, and let whoever wants ryan clady more, the panthers, bears or maybe even texans (though i doubt they have the ammo) to move up for him. then they will have an extra 2nd to work with. then i think theyd take either the best QB available, which would be brohm here if he lasts that long (which i think he probably would if we are talking #13 or #14) or they would go with a CB. my guess would be mike jenkins or aqib talib, though i dont like talib much. i think jenkins fits their system very well and would be a good addition there. that, or they could look again at LT with Chris Williams or maybe even Albert. thats jmo.

Bump for the 2 hour stretch.

My case for Brohm:

He is the #1 prospect in this draft at QB, and the only reason he fell is that he hasn't been hyped up by the draft gurus for one simple reason: He decided to return to school for his senior season. Once that happens, the gurus will find every reason to tear you down.

Thats my arguement for the Ravens taking him. They need a QB, and have well.. since a good while.

My case for DRC:

They need a playmaker in the secondary, and Rolle probably can't last the whole season. They have no options behind their starters, which killed them last year when both Chris & Samari were out. DRC has the physical ability that everyone in the NFL covets, and his relation to Antonio only helps.

My case for Clady:

I just don't see them taking Clady unless they move Gaither to RT. I haven't watched much of the Ravens games, but I always thought Gaither to be a possible All-Pro RT but only a solid/above-average LT. If they do move him, Clady is a good possibility.