Mike Detiller said that Chad Henne......

This is great news! I've been on the Henne bandwagon for a while, but hearing him say this just makes me salivate. He's who I want under center for the Falcons for the next decade +.

Said that when Chad gets in a rhythm he's the best passer in this whole class, and that includes Brohm.

Also said that the offense at Michigan, although it was pro in nature, didn't play to his strengths as a passer b/c it emphasized running the ball and PA.

I so want the Falcons to nab him. Trade back up into the 1st if neccessary but Henne is gonna be a franchise QB. Detillier pretty much said the same thing.

Matthew Pritts (3/27/2008)
, although it was pro in nature, didn't play to his strengths as a passer b/c it emphasized running the ball and PA.

well, that means our offense wont fit to his strengths.

Brohm is the best fit for us. I think Flacco is a good fit physically, but I am skeptical about his transistion to the NFL game.

Kid could be a poor mans Big Ben, or another Andrew Walter or Kyle Boller.

Boller never came close to putting up the numbers in college that Flacco has.  Not even in the same ballpark. 

Boller's best season(senior year)- 53% comp, 2818 yrds, 28/10 TD/INT

Flacco's stats last year- 63.5% compl, 4263 yrds, 23/5 TD/INT (passer rating 144.91)

Even taking into account the competition he played against, you couldn't ask him to have done any better.  Flacco's ceiling is as high as they come.  His floor is no lower than the rest of the bunch. 

First off, how in the **** did Kyle Boller get drafted in the 1st round with a 53% CMP%? I've never figured that one out...

Anyway, I've never been too big on Henne. He was nothing special in college, and I don't see that changing in the pros. People jumped on his bandwagon after the Florida game, but they must have missed the first part of the season.

Remember David Greene? Ran a similar pro-style, run first offense in college, and won a lot of games. He was never spectacular on the college level though, and I see many of the same characteristics in Henne. At best, I think he'll be Dilfer-like.

This is great news! I've been on the Henne bandwagon for a while, but hearing him say this just makes me salivate.He's who I want under center for the Falcons for the next decade +.

Said that when Chad gets in a rhythm he's the best passer in this whole class, and that includes Brohm.

Also said that the offense at Michigan, although it was pro in nature, didn't play to his strengths as a passer b/c it emphasized running the ball and PA.

I so want the Falcons to nab him. Trade back up into the 1st if neccessary but Henne is gonna be a franchise QB. Detillier pretty much said the same thing.

Then apparently he's exactly who we need to stay away from. That's the exact same kind of offense we're getting set to run. Turner and Norwood primarily, then the play action pass to Roddy and Robinson.

Henne

over

Immediate Impact Players

Branden Albert, Dre Moore, Gosder Cherilus, Carl Nicks, Pat Sims, Sam Baker,Dan Connor, Kentwan Balmer, Jerod Mayo, Justin King, Chilo Rachal, Curtis Lofton, ETc!

U FAIL, just like QB Henne!

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iDash (3/27/2008)
Henne

over

Immediate Impact Players

Branden Albert, Dre Moore, Gosder Cherilus, Carl Nicks, Pat Sims, Sam Baker,Dan Connor, Kentwan Balmer, Jerod Mayo, Justin King, Chilo Rachal, Curtis Lofton, ETc!

U FAIL, just like QB Henne!

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAIL

U FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Give it up.

YOu've long ago flunked out b/c you have no idea what you're talking about.

JDB7821 (3/27/2008)
(3/27/2008)
Then apparently he's exactly who we need to stay away from. That's the exact same kind of offense we're getting set to run. Turner and Norwood primarily, then the play action pass to Roddy and Robinson.
You make no sense at all here.

He is EXACTLY what we need here b/c of the offense he ran at Michigan translatesd pretty close to what we'll be running here.

1989fan (3/27/2008)
, although it was pro in nature, didn't play to his strengths as a passer b/c it emphasized running the ball and PA.

well, that means our offense wont fit to his strengths.

Brohm is the best fit for us. I think Flacco is a good fit physically, but I am skeptical about his transistion to the NFL game.

Kid could be a poor mans Big Ben, or another Andrew Walter or Kyle Boller.

THat's fair, but he's still the nest fit for what we're doing on offense.

Other then Brohm of course.

JRob215 (3/27/2008)
First off, how in the **** did Kyle Boller get drafted in the 1st round with a 53% CMP%? I've never figured that one out...

Anyway, I've never been too big on Henne. He was nothing special in college, and I don't see that changing in the pros. People jumped on his bandwagon after the Florida game, but they must have missed the first part of the season.

Remember David Greene? Ran a similar pro-style, run first offense in college, and won a lot of games. He was never spectacular on the college level though, and I see many of the same characteristics in Henne. At best, I think he'll be Dilfer-like.

Disagree 100%.

I've been on his bandwagon since long before the Florida game.

And Greene and Henne don't compare at all. Greene had an average, at best, arm and had accuracy issues. Henne has a very strong arm and has really good accuracy.

JDB7821 (3/27/2008)
(3/27/2008)

He is EXACTLY what we need here b/c of the offense he ran at Michigan translatesd pretty close to what we'll be running here.

And what Mike Detiller said was that the offense he ran at Michigan did not suit him. The logic seems pretty straightforward.

Personally, I think Henne is the next David Carr -- a QB with some potential if he's brought along slowly, but will get thrown in behind a crappy line and bust.

TheWanderingLuddite (3/27/2008)
JDB7821 (3/27/2008)
(3/27/2008)

And what Mike Detiller said was that the offense he ran at Michigan did not suit him. The logic seems pretty straightforward.

Personally, I think Henne is the next David Carr -- a QB with some potential if he's brought along slowly, but will get thrown in behind a crappy line and bust.

:laugh:

What you just said is laughable.

Henne has taken some vicious hits and has just kept on kicking. He's the most mentally tough QB int his entire draft, aside from Brohm. To compare Henne to Carr is ignorant at worst and laughable at best.

Henne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carr when it comes to mental toughness.

And I know what he said. But, that offense is also similar to the one we're running here now. Thus, he's the right fit.

JRob215 (3/27/2008)

Disagree 100%.

I've been on his bandwagon since long before the Florida game.

And Greene and Henne don't compare at all. Greene had an average, at best, arm and had accuracy issues. Henne has a very strong arm and has really good accuracy.

Henne's accuracy is not good.  That is not jus one man's opinion.  That is according to the majority of write ups on him.

This is great news! I've been on the Henne bandwagon for a while, but hearing him say this just makes me salivate. He's who I want under center for the Falcons for the next decade +.

I thought you loved Brohm?????

ATL4ever (3/27/2008)

I thought you loved Brohm?????

I do. But I like Henne jsut as much if he ain't there for us.