If Mularkey goes on record and says Shockley is the future, will fanbase accept it..

jsettle 44

Mularkey was hired as the Pittsburgh Steelers tight ends coach in 1996 and held the position until the conclusion of the 2000 season, when he replaced Kevin Gilbride as the team's offensive coordinator. He has a reputation for being an offense-oriented head coach with a penchant for trick plays. His skill for creating special packages to utilize multi-dimensional players such as Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El earned him the nickname "Inspector Gadget" . Even with his creative imagination, his philosophy of being the most physical punishing offense helped the Steelers average 10+ wins a year during his 3 years as offensive coordinator..

Next month may give us a better indication about how Mike Mularkey publicly feels about the QB situation going into training camp. And if he goes on record and speaks positively toward D.J. then it may give us an insight about his future with the Falcons.

Can Chris Redman survive a 16 game season? Should Harrington receive yet another chance to start?

Mike Mularkey has shown he is open-minded as a coordinator and it may provide Shockley a fair chance of competing for the starter's job in 2008.

Is there an outside chance that Darren McFadden is chosen at #3 and the Falcons would pair Michael Turner and Darren McFadden together? And have them in the same backfield with a healthy Shockley?

Plus, McFadden as a former QB would a prime candidate fopr multiple trick plays per game in addition to him running for a 1,000 + yards, and Turner potentially getting 1,600 yards.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jsettle 44 (3/27/2008)
Mularkey was hired as the Pittsburgh Steelers tight ends coach in 1996 and held the position until the conclusion of the 2000 season, when he replaced Kevin Gilbride as the team's offensive coordinator. He has a reputation for being an offense-oriented head coach with a penchant for trick plays. His skill for creating special packages to utilize multi-dimensional players such as Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El earned him the nickname "Inspector Gadget" . Even with his creative imagination, his philosophy of being the most physical punishing offense helped the Steelers average 10+ wins a year during his 3 years as offensive coordinator..

Next month may give us a better indication about how Mike Mularkey publicly feels about the QB situation going into training camp. And if he goes on record and speaks positively toward D.J. then it may give us an insight about his future with the Falcons.

Can Chris Redman survive a 16 game season? Should Harrington receive yet another chance to start?

Mike Mularkey has shown he is open-minded as a coordinator and it may provide Shockley a fair chance of competing for the starter's job in 2008.

Is there an outside chance that Darren McFadden is chosen at #3 and the Falcons would pair Michael Turner and Darren McFadden together? And have them in the same backfield with a healthy Shockley?

Plus, McFadden as a former QB would a prime candidate fopr multiple trick plays per game in addition to him running for a 1,000 + yards, and Turner potentially getting 1,600 yards.

I would... but he won't. :)

Sure! That would be awsome.  But it ain't gonna happen.  Who knows what kind of mobility DJ will have after the devestating knee injury.

Besides that, Redmond isn't a statue.  He can still do the reverse spin and get to the outside to make a throw down field.

The new regime saw the films.  They resigned him to be the starter.  Get over it.:cool:

nobkowski (3/27/2008)
Sure! That would be awsome.  But it ain't gonna happen.  Who knows what kind of mobility DJ will have after the devestating knee injury.

Besides that, Redmond isn't a statue.  He can still do the reverse spin and get to the outside to make a throw down field.

The new regime saw the films.  They resigned him to be the starter.  Get over it.:cool:

I agree.

jsettle 44 (3/27/2008)

Just one question, do you feel that our OL is adequate enough to provide holes for Turner and McFadden to run through. At this point and time I don't think so. Believe me, I would love to see that tandem in the backfield. I would rather not see Harrington as our QB. That being said, If we could provide protection and make holes that would be the most powerful backfield in football.

DJ could win the job, if given time in TC to prove himself...I mean stranger things have happened...but the falcons spending our first round pick on ANOTHER running back is about the most lamebrained idea I have heard yet (no offense to the poster who posted it).  I can say that TD seems to have shown himself to be a pretty spot on guy with the moves he's made so far, so I don't see him pulling a McKay now

I'd love to see DJ start, but like said before I got a bad feeling he won't make the final roster. I do think the falcons should start looking for a QB solution for the furture. I'm gonna get ragged for saying this cuz I know a lot of ppl here like Redman but he is no more than a game manager. He is not going to take us anywhere. He is the starter because quite frankly we can't do any better right now. let the Redman fan club commense their attack. lol

Warden Erbbra (3/27/2008)
I'd love to see DJ start, but like said before I got a bad feeling he won't make the final roster. I do think the falcons should start looking for a QB solution for the furture. I'm gonna get ragged for saying this cuz I know a lot of ppl here like Redman but he is no more than a game manager. He is not going to take us anywhere. He is the starter because quite frankly we can't do any better right now. let the Redman fan club commense their attack. lol

I think Redman can be more than just a game manager myself but I dont think he is going to become this franchises QB of the future. He could suprise alot of people though if he can stay healthy.