I'm dreaming again...

somecut8

...and ran a hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense...

Then, I'd love for us to draft this guy!

OLB Cliff Avril from Purdue. He's 6'3 253 and runs a 4.51! Dang!!

Just some notes on him:

-Smart player who will have no problem digesting a playbook at multiple positions

-Gives total effort in his chase and plays with his head up, showing good instincts to find the ball

-Plays with good aggression and determination, despite being outweighed vs. every opponent

-Plays until the whistle

-Puts in extra hours studying tape of the upcoming opponent

-will not hesitate to get vocal in the huddle

DrDetecto (3/27/2008)
I like this guy a lot too. He would be a nice pickup as a backup DE, but I'm afraid we'd have to spend a 3rd on him, which I don't want to do.

And don't worry man, I have the dreams about the 4-3/3-4 hybrid too;).

3rd pick or 3rd rounder? Because he's projected to go in the 2nd and I wouldn't mind using a second on him. I'd just put him where Godfrey is in my mock and move Godfrey to Cottam's spot and not draft Cottam. I was removing Cottam anyways because we are overloaded on TEs.

Haha, that makes two of us. Yeah, the closest way for my dream to become a reality is playing Madden and building a franchise, but that isn't realistic enough so it kinda sucks. They don't have settings for SLB and WLB and the game doesn't know the difference between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 OLB.

That's kinda why I wanted Rex Ryan, but oh well. Mike Smith rocks!! Maybe he'd try out a hybrid 4-3/3-4.

somecut8 (3/27/2008)

Just some notes on him:

-Smart player who will have no problem digesting a playbook at multiple positions

-Gives total effort in his chase and plays with his head up, showing good instincts to find the ball

-Plays with good aggression and determination, despite being outweighed vs. every opponent

-Plays until the whistle

Put him as the Will anyways, I'd love it.

Legion (3/27/2008)
somecut8 (3/27/2008)

Just some notes on him:

-Plays until the whistle

Put him as the Will anyways, I'd love it.

If we drafted him, I'm thinking Boley goes WLB and he goes SLB? Hopefully that won't decrease Boley's production but if it does, keep it the same way.

We actually will run some 3-4 Schemes. and some 3-3-5 schemes. Mike did it in Duval once he got his right type of players. Thats what makes his defenses such a success. He has the right packages for any team he plays. Thats also the reason he wants players that are hybrids and can play different position when need be.