Do you think this trade is posible?

UGA_DAWG46

Trade down to the Jets pick. The Jets really like to take Darren McFadden. They have a big need at RB. If we trade down, I think this is an excellent value for the third pick: their first round pick, second round, and fifth round.

Miami and Rams will most likely be picking between the two Long. Jets will, of course, pick Mcfadden. Raiders will pick Gholston. Al Davis really love speed. Chiefs will pick Matt Ryan. yes, they have Brodie Coyle. However, IMO, Herm Edwards really like Matt Ryan. He will let both of them battle for the starting job. That will leave us with Glenn Dorsey.

This will also be beneficial financially. Oh that this will leave us 5 picks in the top 50. We will have the 34,35,36 picks.

Scenarios just like this one have been discussed a lot in the draft forum.  I encourage you to check it out some time.  The discussions tend to be much better.

But anyways, I think this is a distinct possibility.  The Jets filled a lot of their holes via FA, and I think they would LOVE to finally get a game-changing player on offense.  They would also have to include a 2009 2nd or 3rd.

Scott24Falcs (3/26/2008)
Scenarios just like this one have been discussed a lot in the draft forum.  I encourage you to check it out some time.  The discussions tend to be much better.

But anyways, I think this is a distinct possibility.  The Jets filled a lot of their holes via FA, and I think they would LOVE to finally get a game-changing player on offense.  They would also have to include a 2009 2nd or 3rd.

Oh, didn't know that was being discuss there. I don't visit that at all. Thanks for the info though.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/26/2008)
Trade down to the Jets pick. The Jets really like to take Darren McFadden. They have a big need at RB. If we trade down, I think this is an excellent value for the third pick: their first round pick, second round, and fifth round.

Miami and Rams will most likely be picking between the two Long. Jets will, of course, pick Mcfadden. Raiders will pick Gholston. Al Davis really love speed. Chiefs will pick Matt Ryan. yes, they have Brodie Coyle. However, IMO, Herm Edwards really like Matt Ryan. He will let both of them battle for the starting job. That will leave us with Glenn Dorsey.

This will also be beneficial financially. Oh that this will leave us 5 picks in the top 50. We will have the 34,35,36 picks.

I think most of us agree that if the Falcons could trade down with the Jets and pick up their #35 pick alone that it would be "worth it". I doubt we are going to get the Jets to do it though......hope we can. Of course, there is at least 50/50 chance if we traded down with the Jets that Falcons would miss out on Jake Long, Glen Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis - I would be willing to "take the chance".

If "worst case" the Falcons traded down and those three were "off the board" - then I would look to trade down again for less than what the draft chart would require - like trade down with someone else in top 10 and only ask for third rounder back.......we could really "shoot the moon" with a few trade backs and take "total control" of the draft - that would be fun.......not bloodly likely - but fun to think about just the same.

I dont see why people say theyd need to thro win a 3rd next year as well.

Theres like an 80 or so point difference with the 6th overall and a 2nd round pick.

A 4th would fill the points needed not an additional 3rd next year (if ur going by the draft value chart)

oops my bad a 4th round pick would be about the same value you would need.

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
all depends on who goes where by the time the 3rd pick rolls around. i wouldn't be opposed to it if we think we can still get who we want with their pick.

i agree, if we can pick em up at 6 and get more pics wooohoooo

the trade down is a good idea but you guys need to put down the trade charts for just a minute, theyre a useful tool but not the Bible of draft trades. 6 and 36 is much btter for us than 3, we take that deal in a heartbeat no counteroffers no throw in another pick. that is more than fair. then we take dorsey at 6. we have 4 second round picks-1 qb, 1 mlb, 1 or 2 o-lineman, and if we only take one lineman then a secondary member

If the Jets want McFadden, they will definitely have to get ahead of the Raiders. I could see the Jets swapping with the Falcons, possibly even offering next year's #1 (not likely, but who knows). If ATL falls to 6, Dorsey might be gone, but we could still get Sedrick Ellis.

It is very tough to trade down from the #3 pick.  However, we are in a very rare position this year.  There are two prospects (Gholston and McFadden) that are compelling teams to think about trading up.  We also have Weird Al drafting behind us.  Teams know that Weird Al likes McFadden and Gholston. To add to the drama, intra-divisional rivals (NYJ and NE) covet the same prospect (Gholston).

All of the above factors make our trading down more likely.  I would recomend we trade down with the Jets.  Even if KC drafts Dorsey, we will still have Ellis on the board.  If we trade down with NE, we may not get a chance to take either one of the DT's.  By trading down, we could still draft our favorite DT and get an additional second rounder....someone like Jerrod Mayo or Antoine Cason, or one of the top TE's in this draft.