My mock draft

Noles1985!

#3 Trade back to Jets for #6 and #36 that is even value 2200 to 2140 if you go by the points.

#6 Glenn Dorsey DT (Cheaper than at 3) plus we still get our man

#34 Brian Brohm despite what everyone wants to think everyone ahead of us has way more pressing needs than a QB. 

#36 Dre Moore DT

#37 A little of a reach, but Charles Godfrey CB

#48 Curtis Lofton ILB 

#68 Duane Brown LT

#99 Heath Benedict RT/RG/LT he is not that well known, but he won the best DII blocker of the year this year.  Also recorded 150 pancake blocks in three years.  Plus 85% of the time on pass plays his man never made it past the line.  He was the 7th ranked prospect coming out of high school by Rivals.com. Benedict was ranked higher than Marcus McNeil (Chargers), Max Jean-Gilles (Eagles) and James Martin (Cowboys). He was heavily recruited by <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Miami (Fl), Florida State, Nebraska, Tennessee and South Carolina.  Not to mention he has the speed of a LB being clocked at 4.8 range.  Scored a 31 on the wonderlic and benched 225 28 times.  6'5.5 332 pounds. Went to Newberry.

#129 Bryan Kehl OLB 6'2 242 4.56 40

#163 Arman Shields WR/KR 6'0 194 pounds  He would be our Devin Hester 4.37 40.

#194 Fernando Velasco C/OG 6'3 318

#214 Kelin Johnson FS/SS 6' 195

Tell me what ya'll think about it.

if this happens you might want to sign someone to help lift brohm off the turf because he will be lying on it all the time. charles godfrey at 37? a little reach? try a big one especially since baker, collins, nicks will be available. and a sliding o-lineman from the first might be too

nick h (3/26/2008)
if this happens you might want to sign someone to help lift brohm off the turf because he will be lying on it all the time. charles godfrey at 37? a little reach? try a big one especially since baker, collins, nicks will be available. and a sliding o-lineman from the first might be too

Nicks and collins will go one two in the second round easily.  Oh yeah and i did not know that we really needed a RT that bad in Sam Baker.  Duane Brown (LT) was an early second round, and Heath Benedict like i said just cause you don't know his name does not mean nothing.  He was recruited by teams that are contenders in the SEC and ACC.  I don't know about you, but IMO that means you have to have some sort of skill to be recruited by those teams.  And being recruited more than Mcneil is also an accomplishment seeing that he is a Pro Bowl lineman.

matt_jennifer (3/26/2008)
#3 Trade back to Jets for #6 and #36 that is even value 2200 to 2140 if you go by the points.

#34 Brian Brohm despite what everyone wants to think everyone ahead of us has way more pressing needs than a QB. 

#36 Dre Moore DT

#48 Curtis Lofton ILB 

#68 Duane Brown LT

#99 Heath Benedict RT/RG/LT he is not that well known, but he won the best DII blocker of the year this year.  Also recorded 150 pancake blocks in three years.  Plus 85% of the time on pass plays his man never made it past the line.  He was the 7th ranked prospect coming out of high school by Rivals.com. Benedict was ranked higher than Marcus McNeil (Chargers), Max Jean-Gilles (Eagles) and James Martin (Cowboys). He was heavily recruited by <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Miami (Fl), Florida State, Nebraska, Tennessee and South Carolina.  Not to mention he has the speed of a LB being clocked at 4.8 range.  Scored a 31 on the wonderlic and benched 225 28 times.  6'5.5 332 pounds. Went to Newberry.

How is 2200 equal to 2140?If you make a deal after all we have been thru you get extra not less.

bigduke633 (3/26/2008)

#36 Dre Moore DT

#48 Curtis Lofton ILB 

#68 Duane Brown LT

How is 2200 equal to 2140?If you make a deal after all we have been thru you get extra not less.

No GM in their right mind would give up a 1, 2, and 3 rounder to move up three spots.  That just goes to sow how muc ignorance runs through this board.  Why do you think that other teams are supposed to owe us something because of a dumb move by our player?  If that was the case every team would owe every team.

monoxide (3/26/2008)
I think that it's insulting that you gave me raspberries multiple times in your mock draft. I wouldn't take the chance, because Oakland could scoop him up quick, same for Kansas City. Even if it's 50/50, I'll rather take Dorsey where we are, and be happy. three 2nd's and a bunch of other picks will help us out later on.

I have said that before.If hes the guy why would you move down to take him?;)

nick h (3/26/2008)

Nicks and collins will go one two in the second round easily.  Oh yeah and i did not know that we really needed a RT that bad in Sam Baker.  Duane Brown (LT) was an early second round, and Heath Benedict like i said just cause you don't know his name does not mean nothing.  He was recruited by teams that are contenders in the SEC and ACC.  I don't know about you, but IMO that means you have to have some sort of skill to be recruited by those teams.  And being recruited more than Mcneil is also an accomplishment seeing that he is a Pro Bowl lineman.

sam baker is a LT no question he could play right tackle as well but he is a left tackle. heath benedict is supposedly dead according to some posts, and he may very well have been a good nfl player. but your point is ridiculous, your saying because a player is good enough for a certain type of college school then we should draft him by that logic we should take any scholarship player from say Duke

#36 Dre Moore DT

#48 Curtis Lofton ILB 

#68 Duane Brown LT

nfl experts project the top 32 athletes to be the best players on draft day so that each team will have an opportunity to improve their main weakness. we r in a great position to get that player without making ill-advise trades. we were 29th in the league on defense so we need to focus more in that area. if miami and st.louis is that foolish to let dorsey fall to us that will be the steal of the draft because the defensive line is our biggest need and you're getting a guy who brings a winning spirit to your team. sometimes it takes 1 guy to set the whole franchise on fire and dorsey is that type of guy.