j will is but jenkins isn't lol

birdz4i

some people call jimmy williams a bust after his second year(he's only a second round pick)......he has played 2 different positions in 2 years and looked decent in the times he has gotten to play........BUT......michael jenkins has been here 4 years and has yet to have a break out season. he has real problems holding on to the ball when its thrown to him and he's supposed to be a possession receiver, not to mention knocking the ball up in the air instead of down if he can't get to it(hence the nickname pick 6) and he's a first round pick. i know most of you that will defend him will blame it on the qb but not all balls are going to be thrown perfectly plain and simple, especially with the o-line struggling. i just don't how some label one a bust but not the other. i would be more likely to give up on jenkins than williams right now.

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
some people call jimmy williams a bust after his second year(he's only a second round pick)......he has played 2 different positions in 2 years and looked decent in the times he has gotten to play........BUT......michael jenkins has been here 4 years and has yet to have a break out season. he has real problems holding on to the ball when its thrown to him and he's supposed to be a possession receiver, not to mention knocking the ball up in the air instead of down if he can't get to it(hence the nickname pick 6) and he's a first round pick. i know most of you that will defend him will blame it on the qb but not all balls are going to be thrown perfectly plain and simple, especially with the o-line struggling. i just don't how some label one a bust but not the other. i would be more likely to give up on jenkins than williams right now.

yeah for the other teams DBs keep jimmy trade jenkins and draft a real  Slot reciever/#2

At least Jenkins can get in games and in the red zone he can make some really good plays.

ok do your research william has played in 3 less games and has just as many starts as jenkins to this point in his career and just because he CAN make plays doesn't mean he DOES make plays. he makes more plays for the other team than for ours.

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
At least Jenkins can get in games and in the red zone he can make some really good plays.

ok do your research william has played in 3 less games and has just as many starts as jenkins to this point in his career and just because he CAN make plays doesn't mean he DOES make plays. he makes more plays for the other team than for ours.

Jenkins= 61 games

Williams= 27 games

And as wrong as you are on that, I imagine you are pretty far off on starts as well. There I did my research now can I go watch TV?

formul8or (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)

Jenkins= 61 games

Williams= 27 games

And as wrong as you are on that, I imagine you are pretty far off on starts as well. There I did my research now can I go watch TV?

sure go watch tv cause i wonder about your ability to read it was clearly stated jenkins is in his 4th yr and williams in his 2nd in the orginal post and in my reply stated TO THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER and my research is done on nfl.com jenkins 12 starts 30 games in his first 2 years williams 12 starts 27 games in his first 2 years make sure you understand what is being said before you reply

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
formul8or (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)

Jenkins= 61 games

Williams= 27 games

sure go watch tv cause i wonder about your ability to read it was clearly stated jenkins is in his 4th yr and williams in his 2nd in the orginal post and in my reply stated TO THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER and my research is done on nfl.com jenkins 12 starts 30 games in his first 2 years williams 12 starts 27 games in his first 2 years make sure you understand what is being said before you reply

So double Williams' games and you get 54, a little more than 3 less. Can you use periods? Or are you on one?

formul8or (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)
formul8or (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)

Jenkins= 61 games

Williams= 27 games

So double Williams' games and you get 54, a little more than 3 less. Can you use periods? Or are you on one?

i am comparing both of their first two years in the league but this obviously is more than you can understand

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
formul8or (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)
formul8or (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)

Jenkins= 61 games

Williams= 27 games

i am comparing both of their first two years in the league but this obviously is more than you can understand

Like you with punctuation?

somecut8 (3/26/2008)
Hey guys, lets focus on bashing 1 player right now - not the whole team. We are currently either bashing Jennings or Anderson.

Plus Go Jenkins!! I still have faith in him!

i am not bashing anyone somecut. i just don't understand why some label jimmy a bust but yet they let jenkins slide when he has been in the league 2 as long.

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
somecut8 (3/26/2008)
Hey guys, lets focus on bashing 1 player right now - not the whole team. We are currently either bashing Jennings or Anderson.

i am not bashing anyone somecut. i just don't understand why some label jimmy a bust but yet they let jenkins slide when he has been in the league 2 as long.

Oh nevermind then. I believe in both of them, and I really hope something will "click" in Jenkins head and he will perform.

Jenkins as shown sparks at times but nothing consistent...may'be in the right system with the proper coaching he could blossom but if he doesn't produce this year we should let him go....Just think this time last year we(including myself) were all calling Roddy a Bust. J Dubb has mad talent in will thrive in our new system trust me.

bush (3/26/2008)
I think that Jimmy Williams is going to have a big role in our defense next year. We might have our mind set on NOT taking a CB and see how Jimmy performs at CB for a year.

That's a big risk. We should draft one for depth.

Plus, Williams is probably playing Safety this year, not CB.

somecut8 (3/26/2008)
bush (3/26/2008)
I think that Jimmy Williams is going to have a big role in our defense next year. We might have our mind set on NOT taking a CB and see how Jimmy performs at CB for a year.

I wouldn't mind taking Chevis Jackson in the third or fourth round, but I can't see Jimmy Williams at FS ( Erik Coleman didn't get paid back-up money) and I can't see him playing SS next year. Daren Stone looks solid when he gets in for Lawyer Milloy. Our only REAL option for Jimmy Williams is to move him back to CB or see how good of a SS is so that he can compete with Daren Stone.

somecut8 (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)
somecut8 (3/26/2008)

Oh nevermind then. I believe in both of them, and I really hope something will "click" in Jenkins head and he will perform.

i just find it funny some people label one a bust but not the other. i was just making the point that jenkins could be considered one before williams. i still hope jenkins can turn it around but for a possession receiver he has problems making catches (ironic). i support the team no matter who's on it.

bush (3/26/2008)
somecut8 (3/26/2008)
bush (3/26/2008)

I wouldn't mind taking Chevis Jackson in the third or fourth round, but I can't see Jimmy Williams at FS ( Erik Coleman didn't get paid back-up money) and I can't see him playing SS next year. Daren Stone looks solid when he gets in for Lawyer Milloy. Our only REAL option for Jimmy Williams is to move him back to CB or see how good of a SS is so that he can compete with Daren Stone.

Could have sworn that I read or heard somewhere he's playing S this year and not CB. Plus, since he's athletic talented, he'd be a perfect Cover 2 S because of his range.

the guy who said he played b-ball(scott hartley? or something like that) with some of the falcons the other day said he asked williams about it and he said williams said he was playing safety. i have yet to see anything official on it though. i just wish that they would just stick him somewhere and leave him and not change his position every year.