Picking a QB in the Draft

Bring It

Matthew Pritts (3/26/2008)
It's also the most important position on the field and you don't win consistently w/o a fracnhise QB.

You don't put picking one on the backburner.

The thing is who is a franchise qb? You cant really claim"well this qb is a franchise qb" before they ever play a down in the nfl.

malk2.0 (3/26/2008)
It's also the most important position on the field and you don't win consistently w/o a fracnhise QB.

The thing is who is a franchise qb? You cant really claim"well this qb is a franchise qb" before they ever play a down in the nfl.

Is that what the Colts said when they drafted Peyton?

Is that what the Eagles said when they drafted McNabb?

Is that what the Steelers said when they drafted Ben?

If you feel a guy is a franchise QB, you take him. And I feel Brohm and Henne are those types.

red2play (3/26/2008)
Bill Parcells is already righting the ship in Miami.  He's ASKING FOR A PRIVATE workout from Brohm.

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/44551

Looks like Ryan isn't going with the first pick nor the third.  He's a bust but perhaps he could survive in a WCO system that doesn't rely on a rocket arm.

Parcells is also a master of throwing smokescreens.

I'm not even sure they're taking a QB. Beck still needs more time to see if he's the guy or not.

What do you think makes a good NFL QB?? IMO it is this:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Arm Strength 20%

Athleticism 5%

Knowledge/Experience of the Game 15%

Foot Speed 10%

Size 10%

Willingness to Work at the Game 30%

Leader of Men 10%

Who best fits? Brohm wins in my book, followed by Henne. Brohm is smart and willing to learn. Henne played great against Florida but it was great game plan. Not sure of Henne's intelligence per the NFL game complexity but he started all 4 years for Big Blue.

I hope if we pick a line man with the 3rd, we get either Brohm or Henne with a second.

malk2.0 (3/26/2008)

If you feel a guy is a franchise QB, you take him. And I feel Brohm and Henne are those types.

Just because it works for one team doesnt mean it works for all teams.

For every sucessful team that picked a qb in the first round I can name you on that did and got a bust.

Bring It (3/26/2008)
The QB position is the MOST  DIFFICULT to evaluate..........before the draft.

It's a nightmare !!!!  You're damned if you do.............damned if you don't...............pick the QB you like.

HELP  !!!!!!!!!

it's a no brainer! josh johnson is the best qb in this year's draft.

malk2.0 (3/26/2008)
malk2.0 (3/26/2008)

For every sucessful team that picked a qb in the first round I can name you on that did and got a bust.

But again, you don't put QB on the back-burner.

If you wanna win consistently, you'll draft a franchise QB.

trucking (3/26/2008)
Bring It (3/26/2008)
The QB position is the MOST  DIFFICULT to evaluate..........before the draft.

It's a nightmare !!!!  You're damned if you do.............damned if you don't...............pick the QB you like.

HELP  !!!!!!!!!

it's a no brainer! josh johnson is the best qb in this year's draft.
:laugh:

red2play (3/26/2008)
Bill Parcells is already righting the ship in Miami.  He's ASKING FOR A PRIVATE workout from Brohm.

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/44551

Looks like Ryan isn't going with the first pick nor the third.  He's a bust but perhaps he could survive in a WCO system that doesn't rely on a rocket arm.

Parcells is also a master of throwing smokescreens.

I'm not even sure they're taking a QB. Beck still needs more time to see if he's the guy or not.

Listening to or believing Bill Parcells is like trusting Hugo Chavez from Venezuela.

malk2.0 (3/26/2008)
malk2.0 (3/26/2008)

True..........it's a total crap shoot !!!!!!

Tom BRady was picked in the Sixth, Ryan Leaf was a top pick.  For a quarterback to be successfull he must be able to do a few things.  One, he must be smart.  He has to have the ability to recognize and evaluae defenses, and how to adjust.  He must be strong of will and heart.  And able to take a hit.  And he also has to be able to make all the throws necessary. 

Is that necessarily a first round pick?  No.  So evaluation of a QB is an art.  In this draft there is a number of guys who can be "potentially" good.  I'd say that there are 3 or 4 that are in the first two rounds.  But there are as many that could go in a rush inthe third round.  I have a feeling that our draft will go something like this.  We will take the best lineman available at 3, Long or Dorsey.  At our first second rounder we will go best lineman, unless Brohm is there.  If Brohm isn't there, we take best lineman (offensive or defensive) with our second two, I think we take the best QB available--at that pick if we already do not have Brohm, we go Henne.  The rest of the second we go offensive and defensive lineman.  Third round we go Linebacker. 

I think Chad Henne is as good as any player in this draft.  He can make the passes, he can take a hit, he played major conference football.  Is he a definite franchise QB, no.  But I think that he has the tools to become one.

The QB is the least important postion on the field, the most important in the marketing dept.  Tom Brady doesnt get touched, you give a QB time to stand in the pocket and it just becomes a game of toss.  QB is so overrated in my opinion

Brohm is the only QB equipped with franchise intangibles. Ryan will be sufficient, but I see him as the next Harrington. Henne I'm still not sold on. Flacco I'm for because he can be turned into a machine.

In a way though if we got a 2nd round QB I wouldn't mind drafting a 3rd round one if someone like Johnson, Dixon, or Woodson is there and let them compete.