keep your eye on the ball

Hard Knock

I transferred to Houston TX in June of 06 from the ATL area and I started reading the boards for about a year before I joined to keep up with my team. I have seen a lot of race crap and trolls spewing junk in the last year. I have been trying to get into pure football to get away and back to football. There is some very informed posters on these boards and I have picked up a lot from different threads. I have also seen threads started with the words thug in and it offends some people. I think that is why it is posted. This cause for post that are not about football or the Falcons. The Falcons are in transition right now it is a great time to be a fan and watch this team being re built hopefully into a winner. I have tried to be respectful of different opinions and never disrespect anyone on these boards. Lets keep our eye on the ball and not all of this other crap.

Hard Knock (3/26/2008)
I transferred to Houston TX in June of 06 from the ATL area and I started reading the boards for about a year before I joined to keep up with my team. I have seen a lot of race crap and trolls spewing junk in the last year. I have been trying to get into pure football to get away and back to football. There is some very informed posters on these boards and I have picked up a lot from different threads. I have also seen threads started with the words thug in and it offends some people. I think that is why it is posted. This cause for post that are not about football or the Falcons. The Falcons are in transition right now it is a great time to be a fan and watch this team being re built hopefully into a winner. I have tried to be respectful of different opinions and never disrespect anyone on these boards. Lets keep our eye on the ball and not all of this other crap.

I agree with you. I am a black falcons fan who lives in philly. I joined the boards to keep up with my favorite team since i live so far away. sometimes i cant even look at the boards because the posts that are most active are the most offensive to me. I cant wait till i get into pure football to talk offensive and defensive philosophies with them. I would rather talk about 4-2-5 vs. 3-3-5 than about this guy is a "thug"!

Hard Knock (3/26/2008)
215 you wear in falcon stuff to the philly games. I have heard they do not take to kind to that.

LOL.. no. i dont have a death wish. I hope to be at the game this year between the eagles and falcons though. Probably have to fight somebody but that is how it is here. they used to have a court in the stadium it was so bad.

I am a white 50 year old. I don't even post if the word thug is in the title. I try and stay away from negative topic lines but its hard to on this board. whether we are white, black, asian or latin we are Falcon fans first and formost. The racial comments seem to go in every direction and from every race.  People will jump you for hitting the wrong key, making run on sentences.  Anything to make their probably pathetic lifes a little better. I have probably spelles something wrong or left someone out so I'm sure some a.. will jump on it. My longest post yet, sorry.

Guest JBopper

I love football and the Falcons.I wished I could get into the Pure Football forum,but they haven`t answered my requests yet.

FalconFansince80 (3/26/2008)
Why are people allowed to create multiple accounts to troll the boards with the race baiting crap. Some people are blatant about it while others deny it but its an ugly fact that losers will troll as long as they are not permanently banned.

I have no idea.  One time I reported a post during a weekend when a troll popped up and posted several threads that were overtly racist (including liberal use of "the N word").  One of the mods deleted the threads, banned the OP, and he/she was back within a hour doing the same thing over again.  I gave up at that point.

oregonsfan (3/26/2008)
FalconFansince80 (3/26/2008)
Why are people allowed to create multiple accounts to troll the boards with the race baiting crap. Some people are blatant about it while others deny it but its an ugly fact that losers will troll as long as they are not permanently banned.

I have no idea.  One time I reported a post during a weekend when a troll popped up and posted several threads that were overtly racist (including liberal use of "the N word").  One of the mods deleted the threads, banned the OP, and he/she was back within a hour doing the same thing over again.  I gave up at that point.

AND IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORST. WHEN THEY GET BANNED FROM OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS PERMANENTLY ......... THEY JUST COME HERE AND SET-UP SHOP.

I agree that many of the threads and posts in TATF are way out of line in terms of trying to divide people with racial rants and various forms of hate, troll-speak, and negativity.  It is amazing that the same people who post such trash under one name get banned and then create another account with some permutation of the banned name, until that gets them banned.  Then the cycle repeats itself, again and again.  It has become really difficult lately to sift through all of the BS to get to substantive football discussions.

I understand that there is a magical, wonderful world inside of FalconsLIFE called Pure Football.  I have no hard evidence to support this; however, the mythology runs deep throughout Falcondom of such a place.

In Pure Football it is said that there are no trolls, spammers, hate-mongers, and no divisive racial rants.

In Pure Football it is said that all of the streets are paved with Pro-Turf, and the people actually engage in intellligent discourse about football and the Falcons.

In Pure Football it is said that the people are polite to each other, and that you are judged by the content of your posts and the content of your character.

Wouldn't it be nice if such a place actually existed?

Hard Knock (3/26/2008)

Again, I can't figure out what "thug" has to do with any particular race. Would you mind explaining it to me?

birdweiserrr (3/27/2008)
Hard Knock (3/26/2008)

Again, I can't figure out what "thug" has to do with any particular race. Would you mind explaining it to me?

BIRD, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING GAMES. YOU KNOW WHAT THE GUY IS SAYING. YOUR QUESTION IS DESIGNED TO TAKE THE THREAD IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE THREADER IS TRYING TO STOP US FROM GOING. WHY DID YOU ASK THE QUESTION BIRD? NO ONE USES THE WORD "THUG" MORE THAN YOU. NO DISRESPECT ....... YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE KOOL:)

BIRD, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING GAMES. YOU KNOW WHAT THE GUY IS SAYING. YOUR QUESTION IS DESIGNED TO TAKE THE THREAD IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE THREADER IS TRYING TO STOP US FROM GOING. WHY DID YOU ASK THE QUESTION BIRD? NO ONE USES THE WORD "THUG" MORE THAN YOU. NO DISRESPECT ....... YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE KOOL

Thug isn't a racist word. Why someone would think "thug" is a knock on an entire race is mind boggling. I don't get upset when I see someone use the word. It doesn't bother me at all.

birdweiserrr (3/27/2008)
BIRD, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING GAMES. YOU KNOW WHAT THE GUY IS SAYING. YOUR QUESTION IS DESIGNED TO TAKE THE THREAD IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE THREADER IS TRYING TO STOP US FROM GOING. WHY DID YOU ASK THE QUESTION BIRD? NO ONE USES THE WORD "THUG" MORE THAN YOU. NO DISRESPECT ....... YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE KOOL

Thug isn't a racist word. Why someone would think "thug" is a knock on an entire race is mind boggling. I don't get upset when I see someone use the word. It doesn't bother me at all.

Because you is white thats why it doesn't bother you.

T.I (3/27/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/27/2008)

Because you is white thats why it doesn't bother you.

Interesting. If I wasn't white should it bother me?

NewFalcon (3/27/2008)
I agree that many of the threads and posts in TATF are way out of line in terms of trying to divide people with racial rants and various forms of hate, troll-speak, and negativity.  It is amazing that the same people who post such trash under one name get banned and then create another account with some permutation of the banned name, until that gets them banned.  Then the cycle repeats itself, again and again.  It has become really difficult lately to sift through all of the BS to get to substantive football discussions.

I understand that there is a magical, wonderful world inside of FalconsLIFE called Pure Football.  I have no hard evidence to support this; however, the mythology runs deep throughout Falcondom of such a place.

In Pure Football it is said that there are no trolls, spammers, hate-mongers, and no divisive racial rants.

In Pure Football it is said that all of the streets are paved with Pro-Turf, and the people actually engage in intellligent discourse about football and the Falcons.

In Pure Football it is said that the people are polite to each other, and that you are judged by the content of your posts and the content of your character.

Wouldn't it be nice if such a place actually existed?

I've read your posts often.  You will make your way there eventually young padawan.  Don't give up.  :) You can read there, now, right? 

Have you asked for membership? 

Anyway, there's not nearly as much activity over there at this point, but it is getting better.  "No trolls" alone makes it a good place to go & read & converse.