Hillary Has Reedemed Herself!

Negative-Nancy

Did anyone catch her response to being asked about Pastor Wright?  Classy, fair and spot on!:

"You know, I think that entire issue is a sham and a shameful indictment of both the media and the Republican party hypocrisy.

We are fortunate to have two outstanding candidates running for the Democratic nomination.  Although the record is clear that I have the experience to be a superior President, and there are important policy distinctions between us, this guilt by association smear campaign is absurd. 

Pastor Wright has served God, country and his community for thirty years.  In fact, Pastor Wright has served with such distinction that I personally hosted him, as first lady, at the White House in September of 1998 (in the aftermath of that horrible Lewinsky matter). 

Unfortunately, he has said a few things which Senator Obama has correctly disavowed.  But people are using brief snippets from three out of hundreds of sermons over thirty years as a smear by association.

I think we can trust Senator Obama s judgment that the indefensible words we ve all seen over and over and over recently are isolated departures from the message of faith, love and empowerment that Pastor Wright has delivered to his flock.

The question is not whether I would disassociate myself from a Church with Paster Wright.  The question should be why John McCain feels compelled to honor Jerry Farwell, (who the Senator rightly characterized as an agent of intolerance ) by speaking at his University?"

A quote from Hil-dogs pastor:

"The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader whom I have heard speak a number of times," Snyder wrote. "He has served for decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society. To evaluate his dynamic ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the African-American church which has been the spiritual refuge of a people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. Those of us who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr. Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/25/p...me_n_93418.html

TerminusTiercel (3/26/2008)

"The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader whom I have heard speak a number of times," Snyder wrote. "He has served for decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society. To evaluate his dynamic ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the African-American church which has been the spiritual refuge of a people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. Those of us who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr. Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize."

Wow . . . .That's awesome.

Speaks volumes about so much, doesn't it?

Thanks for posting that.

I love how she praised Rev. Wright AND damned Jerry Falwell in the same fell swoop.

I'm the first to step up against guilt by association tactics, but come on.  It is NOT classy or fair to praise Rev. Wright and then turn around and blast McCain for being associated with Jerry Falwell.  If anything, they are two sides of the same coin.

Or does everyone think that Jerry Falwell's comments on 9/11 define him, too?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Put another way, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Either Rev. Wright gets some leeway because his entire career outshines the few brief moments of stupidity (in which case Falwell gets the same pass), or Rev. Wright is an "agent of intolerance" too.

And Hillary Clinton is still a classless #####.  She has redeemed exactly jack squat.

JDaveG (3/26/2008)
I love how she praised Rev. Wright AND damned Jerry Falwell in the same fell swoop.

I'm the first to step up against guilt by association tactics, but come on.  It is NOT classy or fair to praise Rev. Wright and then turn around and blast McCain for being associated with Jerry Falwell.  If anything, they are two sides of the same coin.

Or does everyone think that Jerry Falwell's comments on 9/11 define him, too?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Put another way, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Either Rev. Wright gets some leeway because his entire career outshines the few brief moments of stupidity (in which case Falwell gets the same pass), or Rev. Wright is an "agent of intolerance" too.

And Hillary Clinton is still a classless #####.  She has redeemed exactly jack squat.

(pay attention)

rsa linkster (3/26/2008)

Thanks for posting that.

Your satire detector is broken

deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)

Thanks for posting that.

NNOOO!  Are you sure?  I went to the site and it looked legite . . .except that it's the current Pastor of the church the Clinton's attended during his administration.  He wasn't there back then.

rsa linkster (3/26/2008)
deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)

Thanks for posting that.

NNOOO!  Are you sure?  I went to the site and it looked legite . . .except that it's the current Pastor of the church the Clinton's attended during his administration.  He wasn't there back then.

So it was Clinton's pastor?

I knew Hillary would have NEVER said that.

then the dreamworld link...

deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)
deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)

Thanks for posting that.

I understand the confusion.  My HIllary quote was invented.  But Terminal's quote is legit, and it's from the current Pastor at Hillary's old church.  So it's a shot, and a fair one, but not as potent as if it had been someone who was actually her Pastor.

But, give me some credit!  His reasoning does sort of paralell mine.  Doesn't it?

rsa linkster (3/26/2008)
deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)
deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)

Thanks for posting that.

I understand the confusion.  My HIllary quote was invented.  But Terminal's quote is legit, and it's from the current Pastor at Hillary's old church.  So it's a shot, and a fair one, but not as potent as if it had been someone who was actually her Pastor.

But, give me some credit!  His reasoning does sort of paralell mine.  Doesn't it?

I agree with the reasoning.

I admire Pastor Wright, I personally think it has been more unfair to him that it has been Obama. Taking him wayyyy out of context on many things shows they were going for a jugular, I've since watched several hours of his preaching. I saw much more that I agreed with him, than I didn't.

The issue with Aids, blaming the government for that was stretched to Rosie O'Donnell land IMO, but I would be willing to entertain evidence to the contrary. So I have to go with the "innocent until proven guilty" principle.

But that 911 speech, I really don't have a problem with it at all. He makes the same points that Ron Paul & Ralph Nader have been preaching for years. My libertarian side is in agreement with all of them on this issue, unfortunately I think that Obama is more in line with the Moderates and Republicans on the issue.

Dhug (3/26/2008)
When I read that, it didn't really sound like Hillary to me. lol!

that was good.

sometimes the truth hurts :(

sad but true (insert metallica riff)

I agree with Hillary on a lot of policy issues, but the side of her I have seen during this campaign is one that makes my stomach cringe.

I think Obama is the better person. (color and gender aside)

deathdawg (3/26/2008)
Dhug (3/26/2008)
When I read that, it didn't really sound like Hillary to me. lol!

that was good.

sometimes the truth hurts :(

sad but true (insert metallica riff)

I agree with Hillary on a lot of policy issues, but the side of her I have seen during this campaign is one that makes my stomach cringe.

I think Obama is the better person. (color and gender aside)

I agree 100%

rsa linkster (3/26/2008)
deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)
deathdawg (3/26/2008)
rsa linkster (3/26/2008)

Thanks for posting that.

NNOOO! Are you sure? I went to the site and it looked legite . . .except that it's the current Pastor of the church the Clinton's attended during his administration. He wasn't there back then.

I understand the confusion. My HIllary quote was invented. But Terminal's quote is legit, and it's from the current Pastor at Hillary's old church. So it's a shot, and a fair one, but not as potent as if it had been someone who was actually her Pastor.

But, give me some credit! His reasoning does sort of paralell mine. Doesn't it?

My fault, i did not realize it wasnt her current pastor. Still...